More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:49:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Dishes In The Bathroom
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Dishes In The Bathroom  (Read 44852 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
No Dishes In The Bathroom
« on: 2007 March 26, 22:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no idea people wanted this one that badly until I mentioned it in chat.

nobathroomdishes.zip

No Dishes In The Bathroom for TS2 (all)
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness
Rohina the Ugly Butted

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

ANNOYANCES FIXED:
Dishes will not be washed in the bathroom. Affects all sinks by placement, not
by type of sink. Truly, it is More Awesome Than You.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. For TS2 (all).

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Re: No Dishes In The Bathroom
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 26, 22:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What if the only sink in the house is in the bathroom, like in those pre-made flats at La Fiesta Tech? Do they wash there anyway, or just not wash them at all?
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 26, 22:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they would throw them in the garbage, in that case?  And this rocks...you have no idea how much this has annoyed me.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 26, 23:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what's funny, I had pretty much the same exact hack in my game already from my own personal stash of syberspunkian goodies.  I never bothered releasing it cuz I haven't really had a chance to test it out.  And since most of my households tend to have BUY installed, they never go into the bathrooms to wash dishes anyway.

I also pretty much did it in a similar manner, except that you used less lines than me (re-using the Set to Next instead of having a separate one for each category type).  Very cleverly more awesome than me. Tongue  I also even did a search for the BUY terlet paper.  But you had an extra object GUID that you searched for too... I didn't feel like hunting it down thru the code, but I'm curious, what is it?

Needless to say, I will be upgrading to the MATY version.  Less work for me since I don't gots to maintain it. Cheesy

Ste

lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 26, 23:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And since most of my households tend to have BUY installed, they never go into the bathrooms to wash dishes anyway.

Eh, they ain't that smart.  Sims will drag the plate into the bathroom, realize the mistake, drop the plate and vacate the room.  Then they have to be told to go back in there and pick up the plate, which they they wash in the bathroom sink.

I solved the problem by not putting sinks in the bathrooms.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 26, 23:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also pretty much did it in a similar manner, except that you used less lines than me (re-using the Set to Next instead of having a separate one for each category type).
Yeah, if you do it your way, you have to replicate the all the comparison steps in each StN code block. It gets really long, repetitive, and harder to maintain when you have a lot of different things to search, so you'll see this kind of structure being used in Macrotastics a lot.

Very cleverly more awesome than me. Tongue  I also even did a search for the BUY terlet paper.  But you had an extra object GUID that you searched for too... I didn't feel like hunting it down thru the code, but I'm curious, what is it?
The Urinal.

I think they would throw them in the garbage, in that case?  And this rocks...you have no idea how much this has annoyed me.
It's actually good to deliberately rig them to throw it in the garbage, as of Seasons, because once thrown in the garbage, it can be composted. Free compost! This generates a lot of compost in dorms where the dorm cook is constantly leaving out food until it goes bad, then junking it. Also, if you use trashcans and not compactors, this has an advantage over dishwashers in that it is both faster and completely indestructible. No part of this process can break. Furthermore, if the outside trashcan gets kicked, compost the pile and LEAVE IT KICKED, and no one can kick it!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 27, 01:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooooooo good point.  I'm going to stop putting dishwashers and trash compacters in my houses now Cheesy  I figured out the thing with the trash can, but it bugged me laying there like that so I had the sim pick it up.

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 27, 01:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do sims not automatically pick up the trashcan when they compost then?  Mine tend to do that when I direct them to pick up the rubbish.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 27, 03:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mine didn't, he just picked up the trash to compost it, and I had to direct him to pick up the can.

Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 27, 06:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is totally wrongheaded. I only do dishes in the bathroom sink (mostly because the kitchen sink is a bit hard to get to in my tiny apartment, but still).

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 27, 07:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooooooo good point.  I'm going to stop putting dishwashers and trash compacters in my houses now Cheesy  I figured out the thing with the trash can, but it bugged me laying there like that so I had the sim pick it up.
Unless your sim has the ability to kick his own trash can, never pick up the trashcan. Someone else will kick it while you're not watching. If your sim *CAN* kick his own trashcan, do so repeatedly to produce lots and lots of free compost. Tongue

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 27, 07:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use a no trashcan tipping over hack (because I hate how dogs come onto my sims lot just to kick over the trashcan and roll in the trash, or how sims furious at my sims come to knock over the trashcan...)

Sure, it'd be free compost, but for me it's more of an annoyance issue when everything that comes onto my sims lot knocks over the can and then my sim needs to travel through twenty feet of snow to pick up the can.

Doesn't mean I won't use this, because I find it annoying that sims would travel through the house to the bathroom with someone in the bathtub bathing to wash the dishes when the kitchen sink never got any use because the bathroom had a higher environment score.

Seriously, in real life, who really walks across their entire house, with a pile of dishes in their hands, when you're in the room across from the kitchen, to the bathroom, to wash the dishes...
« Last Edit: 2007 March 27, 07:19:52 by IAmTheRad » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 27, 07:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just leave it kicked. A Klingon proverb states, "Not even Romulans can capture what has been destroyed."

Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 27, 07:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it was the dog that knocked it over. I praised him.  Cheesy

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 27, 17:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ehh, I'll tempt making my game explode into a Big Firey ball visible from space by using a non-awesome hack by not having my sims pick up a kicked over trash can.
FlyOnTheWall
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 27, 18:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Furthermore, if the outside trashcan gets kicked, compost the pile and LEAVE IT KICKED, and no one can kick it!

I never even thought of doing that! Now I can thwart all the angry stalkers!
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 27, 20:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its funny, I've only ever noticed sims trecking through the house to wash dishes in the bathroom when their significant other was in the bathroom at the time.  Any other time they would use the kitchen sink.

Needless to say it was damn annoying.  I'll be using this for now own.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 27, 21:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see it happen in dorms a lot, where the dishwasher is blocked by someone loading it, and the cafeteria worker, maid, or even my playable cleaning up with trek across the dorm to wash the plate in a bathroom.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 27, 21:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I always make sure there's an extra sink or dishwasher in the cafeteria when I play dorms.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 28, 07:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, since dorms and Uni are ordinarily insufferably boring, I've turned them into farming areas. Then I removed all the dishwashers and non-bathroom sinks and installed a trashcan or two. Now the dorm chef tosses all the rotting food there, where I use it for the compost.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 28, 13:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You think it's bad watching them do dishes in the bathroom? Try watching them ignore the perfectly functional & obstenaibly higher environmented & cookinated benches in front of them to go prep food in the very funky, green-smoking bathroom with the horrible locker-room bench-top. That's some fucked up shit right there.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 28, 14:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep a sink in the bathroom so they can wash their hands after flushing (a'la a similarly named hack found here on MATY). But, yes, when more than one person wants to clean up the dirty dishes at the same time then the second one to get moving doesn't have a sink to use. Rather than stand and wait his turn or some other intelligent action, he immediately heads to the bathroom, where BUY instructs him to put his dishes on the floor and GET OUT!!

Besides the elimination of green dishes on the bathroom floor that must be manually moved (or tolerated until the maid comes to get them), I expect this shiny new toy will help out in the homes where (prior to more automated processes) I was trying to manually force composting by removing sinks & dishwashers in the kitchen only to be thwarted by the "clever sims".

*V smashes the Thanks button repeatedly and dreams of owning her own wool factory --- hopefully one not run by sims

Cheesy

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 28, 21:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, since dorms and Uni are ordinarily insufferably boring, I've turned them into farming areas. Then I removed all the dishwashers and non-bathroom sinks and installed a trashcan or two. Now the dorm chef tosses all the rotting food there, where I use it for the compost.
I'm curious, what's your method on this?  Do your uni sims stuff the produce in inventory for when they grow up, or sell it for extra pocket change? 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 29, 00:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious, what's your method on this?  Do your uni sims stuff the produce in inventory for when they grow up, or sell it for extra pocket change? 
Inventory. Pocket change means nothing, my Uni families all have hideous money from 9.5K scholarships combined with packing them into free dorms. Because I'm such an utter miser even with sims, I can never spend it all. They just hoard it in their inventories and/or use it, perhaps for a cool, refreshing glass of piemonade or something.

Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 29, 03:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cool!  so does your "be farmer" macro stick the produce in inventory too? (harvest as oppose to sell)?  because if it does i'll use it more often.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: