More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:35:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Stray Respawns
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Stray Respawns  (Read 92349 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: No Stray Respawns
« Reply #25 on: 2007 January 26, 00:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please don't kill the animals.

Is this a request from an animal lover, or a tech "it will mess up your game" warning?  I'm going to point a few people at it and the ones who aren't talking about hunting or recipies for cooking strays in the hottub are bound to ask me!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 January 26, 01:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both. Killing the animals is mean, and also, will do nothing to alleviate character file bloat, as killed sims of any stripe still exist in your files.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 February 13, 18:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both. Killing the animals is mean, and also, will do nothing to alleviate character file bloat, as killed sims of any stripe still exist in your files.
Awww.... killing animals is mean JM? They're not real you know? Tongue Ok, so as far as my dumb virgalitype brain was able to understand from this post, strays are being respawned randomly in game wihtout the player actually taking in strays into households? Also when you adopt pets, does the game take them from the pool of strays? (don't recall what the prima guide said, sorry and I just started playing again in a looooooooooooong time so I wouldn't know  Huh)

I'm not really interested in this hack for my current game but since I've been thinking about demolishing all current files and revamping with fresh new hoods, I wouldn't want them to get bloated with stupid animals I won't use. Isn't there a way to make this work tho without making the adoption option a nightmare?

Greets,
Ali

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 February 13, 19:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The adoption option will function with and without this. With this hack in place, extra adoption animals are not spawned unless absolutely necessary. Strays will be caught and put in the pound instead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 February 14, 04:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the latest version, my game still hangs when I call to adopt.  Yes, I left it alone for over 5 minutes and it was still hung.
fionghuala
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 February 14, 08:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume that this will still allow us to put up animals for adoption and have them appear in the pool?
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 February 14, 16:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Allrighty then! I'll try this out in my current hoods tho when I first got the game I would let my sims run out to greet each and every stray... also the pets, I figured they should make some pet friends ^^

Anyways, thanx for the explanation...

Greets,
Ali

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 February 15, 18:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The adoption option will function with and without this. With this hack in place, extra adoption animals are not spawned unless absolutely necessary. Strays will be caught and put in the pound instead.

I especially like this!

Does this only happen if the pool is completely empty? Or does it carry a minimum number of animals at all times?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 05, 17:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this work with Seasons?
and is there a list of hacks/mods that work with seasons that were made for Pets etc?
Im new to the MATY, and I'm having difficultly finding hacks for Seasons that worked in Pets too.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 05, 18:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go here for Seasons compatible hacks
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 18, 10:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the latest version, my game still hangs when I call to adopt.  Yes, I left it alone for over 5 minutes and it was still hung.
Problem should finally be fixed in current version.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 21, 04:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay!  It works!  It gave me a choice of 2 identical large breed puppies, 1 small breed puppy, and 3 identical kittens.  I actually don't care!  My Sims can get puppies and kittens now!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 21, 05:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Puppies and kittens look the same because they only have a single base coat, so there's no way to know what their final markings will come out as. They also share an identical mesh.

Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 25, 04:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok I have a sensible question.  I have just put this back in the game, but I'm peeved that once you adopt the puppies or kittens, they disappear, and you only have adult animals to adopt.  So then the only way you can satisfy the puppy or kitten want is to breed 2 adults.  This pisses me off and I would like a way around it.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 April 14, 18:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this hack is in place when you created the hood (or played it for the first time with Pets), you shouldn't get a ton of strays/adoptable adults.  That means when all the puppies and kittens have been adopted, you'll get new ones automatically.  I assume there will be a giant pause when they regenerate...
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: