More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:06:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The scarecrow
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The scarecrow  (Read 43457 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: The scarecrow
« Reply #100 on: 2007 March 29, 16:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They kind of wiggle some. I think that's if a sim touches or looks at it or something. The Halloween objects depress me, you can't throw a proper costume party or have kids trick or treat. Just some boring decorations. There should at least be a smashable pumpkin.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2007 March 29, 16:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an inflatable lit-up pumpkin head that kind of sways around a bit - I just put that in front of a fresh grocery shop for the first time. Otherwise I don't know about the other ornaments.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2007 March 29, 16:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes all tree yard decos are animated when your Sim views them.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 March 29, 19:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was suggested I view this thread...

Gee...when I joined up a couple days ago, I had no idea I needed to bring my eBay stores discussion board requisite asbestos undies along with me to this site...

Truthfully, I kinda forgot about the scarecrow.  Now one of my poor sims is gonna have to be sacrificed...

And, in my real life, I've had plenty of death and sadness.  That still doesn't prevent me from directing sims with 2 mechanical points to fix the tv.  Sometimes certain sims should not continue living...especially ones that continually attempt to burn down the house while cooking in spite of having more than enough cooking skill points...in my experience, some sims are just firebugs.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2007 March 29, 19:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The scarecrow is nonlethal and cannot kill or harm your sim.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 2007 March 29, 19:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The scarecrow is nonlethal and cannot kill or harm your sim.

well, don't you think its time you fixed that maxis bug?

Grin

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007 March 29, 19:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...who says I haven't?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2007 March 29, 19:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see anything named 'scarecrow' in the ffs directory, nor in the director's seasons cut...

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2007 March 29, 23:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Pes has already discussed the fact that his personal game has some mods and shinies that are his, all his, and which are not likely to be shared, either because they are being tested, or because they are niche interest mods (the niche containing a population of one), or because he's special.

Case in point: how many of you / us own a Perpetual Drink'n'Wet BrynneSim (no drinking required!)?

For all we know, his version of the scarecrow roams around the lots and shoots fatal laser beams out of its eyes at random. Smiley

Other possible Pes mods: a Cycle Of Death series, similar to the SimSlice Cycle Of Life, wherein cute, fuzzy lambies, cowsies, chickies, bunnies and squirrelies are both edible and endlessly replenishable; work vehicles replaced with Black Helicopters and other military vehicles, the Hate Mail mod, the L33T Haxx0R computer system, the No Means No electric gate, the Stop Annoying Me With Mindless Fun-Boosting Behaviors That Don't Boost Your Skills mod, new deaths such as Death By Exploding Whale, Death By Vegetable Ingestion, Death By Killer Clown, default replacement ANGRY! eyebrows, extra-tall fences with barbed wires on top, land mines, and entire vast tacts of land converted to bunker lots and cave houses.

Actually, that all sounds kind of cool.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2007 March 30, 00:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death by Killer Clown ROFL I want that one!!!!!

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
madamejeanie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2007 March 30, 00:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FWIW, I agree with Witch - I wish there were more chances for random death - the ones already in the game (hit by satellite, swarm of flies etc.) all seem to have a pretty low chance of happening. For as long as I've played TS2 (which was since it first came out) I have seen NO satellite deaths, NO fly swarm deaths, no hail deaths, nothing. The only 'accidental' deaths I have ever had were ones caused by deliberately taking out the pool ladders.  Grin

I had my first accidental death by satellite the other night.  One sim went outside to use the telescope, but the other one was topping off a logic point and using it already.  So I had the first sim pop a squat on the grass and "stargaze" for a couple of minutes while he waited.  Then I started watching a sim in the house and heard the thing hit.  Grimmie was out there using his phone already by the time I realized what was going on, so it was too late to save him.  It was pretty neat and totally unplanned.  I resurrected him later because I wasn't done with him yet.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2007 March 30, 01:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my first accidental death by satellite the other night.  One sim went outside to use the telescope, but the other one was topping off a logic point and using it already.  So I had the first sim pop a squat on the grass and "stargaze" for a couple of minutes while he waited.  Then I started watching a sim in the house and heard the thing hit.  Grimmie was out there using his phone already by the time I realized what was going on, so it was too late to save him.  It was pretty neat and totally unplanned.  I resurrected him later because I wasn't done with him yet.

Is that you Jeanie?  Sounds like a seance...

Inteen for AL, yay!
madamejeanie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007 March 30, 01:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that you Jeanie?  Sounds like a seance...
[/quote]

It is indeed.  A lurker steps into the light.   Smiley
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2007 March 30, 03:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I was kind of disappointed in Maxis this time around.

I was totally  waiting for the ladybugs to swarm and eat my sim alive. Or the fireflies, if you catch too many. Come on, Maxis, what's the matter with you?

All kidding aside, I did kind of expect something nasty from the ladybugs.

Fail.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007 March 30, 12:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All kidding aside, I did kind of expect something nasty from the ladybugs.

Put a 1/2 dozen of their houses on your lot, and it will slow to a crawl -- that's pretty nasty. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007 March 30, 13:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious about the animated snowman as well.  I've never seen it -- though I've seen the "evil" snowman made by some of my grumpier Sims.  I'll have to try viewing the scarecrow more -- I'd like to see the animation.

I've been playing Sims ever since Livin' Large came out (back when), and between TS1 and TS2 I've only had one accidental death.  I left my first TS1 family alone for a few minutes while I took a potty break, and came back to find the husband burned to death from a kitchen fire -- I was too new to the game to realize the need for smoke detectors and the desirability of cooking skills.  I exited without saving, and have never left the little folks alone again.

Actually, I did have a Secret Society member eaten by a cow plant recently -- I was trying to get my Sim over there to feed it, but wasn't fast enough.  I resurrected the poor thing and put her in a dorm.

I have tried desperately to get various Knowledge sims electrocuted so I could fulfill their want of being brought back from the dead, but have never been successful even after multiple successive electrocutions.  I once tried to let Loki Beaker die through illness in order to advance a story line, but he kept getting better.  I changed the story line.  All my Sims die of old age -- it's just the way of things.

Actually, when talk of TS2 first started, I wasn't sure I would buy it.  I was in my mid/late 40s -- I'll be 51 this year, for those who care -- and I had seen enough of my elderly relatives die, and I was suffering impending empty nest as my children grew up.  I liked the fact that my Sims were immortal and the little Sim children remained forever children.  However, addict that I am, I bought the game and have never regretted it.  I've come to enjoy seeing my Sim children grow up and establish lives of their own -- much as my own children are doing now -- and if I want to keep an elder around, the elixir of life is available.  Inevitably, though, I allow them to go out with hula girls and a Mai Tai in hand -- perhaps thinking of it like that is helping me come to terms with my own inevitable demise  Grin

So ... how about the scarecrow, eh?  Cheesy

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2007 March 30, 13:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once tried to let Loki Beaker die through illness in order to advance a story line, but he kept getting better.  I changed the story line.

That's such a fabulously funny piece of bathos. If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't now be digging soggy cake crumbs out of my keyboard. Roll Eyes

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007 March 30, 17:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh what a letdown.

Put the scarecrow on a lot.  Had the wifey sim look at it a lot.  It scared her.  She laughed and went back to talking to the trees.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007 March 30, 17:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be like a ghost scare -- it's full effect depends on the personality and motive level of the scared sim.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007 March 30, 18:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh what a letdown.

Put the scarecrow on a lot.  Had the wifey sim look at it a lot.  It scared her.  She laughed and went back to talking to the trees.

yeah, i want the pescado version with laserbeams as well Smiley

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2007 March 30, 20:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be like a ghost scare -- it's full effect depends on the personality and motive level of the scared sim.
It isn't. The scarecrow scare is harmless.

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2007 March 30, 22:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uh, maybe to sims it's harmless... but I jumped off my chair about 6"...so it scares some people (and no I never watch horror movies of any kind, so it's probably THAT kind of people)...

Velda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2007 March 31, 21:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got Loki Beaker to die of disease by locking him in his bedroom with the mini-fridge, a wall speaker constantly playing salsa music and no bed or bathroom access.  Sleep deprivation seems to help it along, but it still took forever.  It must have been five or six Sim days.   /Loki-killing tips
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2007 March 31, 21:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got Loki Beaker to die of disease by locking him in his bedroom with the mini-fridge, a wall speaker constantly playing salsa music and no bed or bathroom access.  Sleep deprivation seems to help it along, but it still took forever.  It must have been five or six Sim days.   /Loki-killing tips

That's funny  Grin  I did something similar.  I forced him to go to work, since that was always said to be a no-no with illness.  And I wouldn't let him sleep or eat - poor guy kept passing out.  Then he'd go to work and he'd get to eat there.  Eventually he was in such a state that the Social Bunny showed up, and Loki beat the crap out of him -- which made him feel better.  I kept at it for 10 Sim days and kept reinfecting him with the virus from the biotech station, but he would not die of disease or starvation and actually got well several times, so I finally gave up.  (it was really rather distasteful to me -- it's not the way I like to play the game, but I had this album concept, plus I wanted to see how this affected his child ....... Well, I was never any good with albums, either.)

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Velda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2007 March 31, 22:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

10 days!  I couldn't look at him that long.  It is distasteful, that's true, so now if I want someone to die of disease for a storyline I just use the Insimenator to dispatch them quickly.  This was in my more experimental days, and I was surprised at how long it took.  He entertained himself by making crank calls, though.  He died just as someone was stomping into the house to shove him.   Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: