More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 09:51:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  LTW's
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: LTW's  (Read 35612 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: LTW's
« Reply #50 on: 2007 March 29, 19:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not certain that the technique is effective with ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 March 29, 20:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, you just made my day! I know you don't approve of thank you so here is a Kiss instead.

As soon as I get off nightshift I will try out this new shiny.

INTJ
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 April 03, 20:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid-ass question (but then I admit to being a stupid ass): If I download a hack and place it in my lovely downloads/hacks folder while in-game, do I have to quit and restart for it to kick in? I've twins about to turn teens.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 April 03, 22:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid-ass question (but then I admit to being a stupid ass): If I download a hack and place it in my lovely downloads/hacks folder while in-game, do I have to quit and restart for it to kick in? I've twins about to turn teens.

Yes - and admitting it doesn't make it any less daft.

Inteen for AL, yay!
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2007 April 07, 01:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried putting the wants packages in the Downloads folder with a Pets game, and it doens't work Sad So no luck for us.

dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2007 April 07, 03:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm very happy to have read this thread and found an awesome version of this hack.  Makes me wonder what else I've overlooked.  Awesome hacks are always welcome in my game.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Zirconia Wolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 April 14, 15:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick question regarding LTWs : While flipping through my Uni guide (Prima) the other night I noticed that they had a list of the various (current-for-that-EP) LTWs. I couldn't help but notice that one of them was something like Have 10 Kids Abducted By Aliens.

I have yet to see (re-roll) this LTW. Was it overwriten by one of the later EPs or....Huh

I am using the "anyLTWforallaspirations" mod, plus the "enable the Uni career LTWs" hacks in a game with all EPs including Seasons. I've cycled through all the LTWs with the LotDebugger but no dice! All the other LTWs are there though. Not that's it's a big deal (it's kinda a freaky LTW) but it just made me curious.

-ZW
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2007 April 14, 16:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure those LTWs were either disabled or "oops"'d out before the expansion shipped.  The prima guides are written before the game ships, so sometimes there are things in it that aren't actually in the game because of last-minute changes. 

Am I in the ballpark here, Pes?

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2007 April 16, 16:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I vaguely recall reading about this LTW (the 10 kids abducted by aliens), I have not seen this in the code.  It would be neat if there were parts that existed and it just needed to be hooked up properly like the Uni Career LTWs tho.

Sadly... even with ltwvariety, or perhaps because of it? My sims are all quite boring, and the majority of them all tend to have the same exact LTWs:

1) Popularity = have 20 best friends
2) Knowledge = Max 7 Skills
3) Fortune = Earn $100,000,000 (or whatever it is)
4) Romance = Woohoo with 20 sims or have 20 simultaneous lovers
5) Pleasure = Have 50 First/Dream Dates

Ugh!  Stupid generic sims with like generic interests.  One of these days, I'll get around to adding an LTW re-roller that deducts aspiration points maybe to that Asp ReNuYu Orb thingy.  I should just narf the reroller code from the FFS Lot Debugger and slap it together. Tongue

I think I had one sim that actually had one of the Uni Career LTWs on their own, without me necessarily re-rolling... but I don't remember which sim that was now.  I'll have to look through them again and hope it hasn't managed to roll away.

Ste

Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 April 16, 18:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, I seem to have uncovered a problem with your modification. Apparently my Sims can and do actually get the Uni LTWs, but they can't get the actual jobs, even if I shift+click on the newspaper with the testing cheats enabled.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 April 16, 19:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly... even with ltwvariety, or perhaps because of it? My sims are all quite boring, and the majority of them all tend to have the same exact LTWs:

Yea, I go back and forth on that hack -- there're times I leave it in, but when I start seeing a run of the same-old-same-old (or SSDD Smiley ), I pull it out again.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 17, 15:49:50 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 April 17, 00:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't wait to try this out.  I saw this in the test directory last night but haven't gotten a chance to play with it.  Does anyone know if this will conflict with Squinge's Any LTW mod?
BambuLimey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 April 17, 10:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flamingo: Do your sims in question have university degrees? The Uni jobs won't appear anywhere if your sim isn't qualified to get them. If your CAS sim has an LTW for a Uni job - well, sometimes Life sucks - you could reroll their LTW using the FFS Lot Debugger, or the Cheese Orb, or use syberspunk's shiny hack to make Uni job requirements more realistic.

RainbowTigress: I suspect this may clash. El Presidente mentioned that only one LTW-altering hack can be used at a time. I don't run any Squingeland hacks myself, so I can't give you an answer from first-hand experience.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 April 17, 12:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, yes, they did graduate from Uni. I removed the hack and am going to see later today if it was that hack or not causing it.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 April 17, 15:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The LTW variety hack and JM's Uni-unlock one seem to be completely compatible, though. I have both, and I'm getting loads of variety and ...just once so far...Uni-wants.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 April 17, 18:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I experimented with this last night.  I ran the hack conflict scanner, and while Squinge's AnyLTW and Pes' ltwvariety do conflict, there is no conflict between Squinge's AnyLTW and Pes' uni LTW mod.  However, I ended up taking out Squinge's hack because it takes too long to cycle through all the LTW's to get to the one I want.  Tongue  I think I'll stick with ltwvariety, and if I have a sim I want a different LTW for, I'll spawn the Sim Modder through testingcheats. 

I was interested in Squinge's reduced requirements LTW mod for the ones like 3 children instead of 6, etc., which will help with curbing the population explosion, but I did not like changing Max 7 skills to 5 skills.  Usually my sim kids have maxed 5 skills already by the time they become a teen, and when I tested this in my test hood, the "Max 5 skills" would not roll up as  LTW for a teen who had maxed all but one skill point.  I had to take away two skills and 1 skill point from another before it would roll up.  Then she could get the LTW.  I tried changing the mod in SimPE from 5 to 7, but when I saved it, it blew up from 8k to 32k!  Shocked  Also the "Directory of Compressed files" entry disappeared.  I don't know why this is, but I couldn't figure out how to compress it again, so I just deleted it.  I would love to see one though that reduced the number of children or 1st/dream dates, etc., but not skills.  It would be awesome if we had one we could modify ourselves to make it harder/easier or just customize it to our personal playing style. 
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 April 17, 18:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I experimented with this last night.  I ran the hack conflict scanner, and while Squinge's AnyLTW and Pes' ltwvariety do conflict, there is no conflict between Squinge's AnyLTW and Pes' uni LTW mod.  However, I ended up taking out Squinge's hack because it takes too long to cycle through all the LTW's to get to the one I want.  Tongue  I think I'll stick with ltwvariety, and if I have a sim I want a different LTW for, I'll spawn the Sim Modder through testingcheats. 

I was interested in Squinge's reduced requirements LTW mod for the ones like 3 children instead of 6, etc., which will help with curbing the population explosion, but I did not like changing Max 7 skills to 5 skills.  Usually my sim kids have maxed 5 skills already by the time they become a teen, and when I tested this in my test hood, the "Max 5 skills" would not roll up as  LTW for a teen who had maxed all but one skill point.  I had to take away two skills and 1 skill point from another before it would roll up.  Then she could get the LTW.  I tried changing the mod in SimPE from 5 to 7, but when I saved it, it blew up from 8k to 32k!  Shocked  Also the "Directory of Compressed files" entry disappeared.  I don't know why this is, but I couldn't figure out how to compress it again, so I just deleted it.  I would love to see one though that reduced the number of children or 1st/dream dates, etc., but not skills.  It would be awesome if we had one we could modify ourselves to make it harder/easier or just customize it to our personal playing style. 
50 dream dates is ridiculously easy. Just take a married or 100/100 couple to a community lot with some snapdragons, and have them continuously date, switching the asker each time. The snapdragon/dream date boost combo should keep you thoroughly in the green, and you don't have aging. It's just boring grinding. Now Grilled Cheese....why they made it something completely unattainable unless you plan on the sim being a porker is beyond me. 50 would be reasonable. 75 doable.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 April 17, 19:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it is easy, but as you say, it's so mind-numbingly boring.  Tongue  That's one of the reasons I don't play Pleasure sims.  That and their boring wants.  Jump on the sofa.  Juggle.  Jump on the sofa some more.  Ask someone on a date.  Juggle.  Soak in hot tub.  Jump on sofa.  Play chess.  *pulls out hair*
« Last Edit: 2007 April 17, 19:24:41 by RainbowTigress » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 April 18, 17:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I don't play Romance sims. Woohoo in the bed...Woohoo in the hot tub....Woohoo in the photobooth...Make out with X, Make out with Y. Yawn. If they started actually wanting to be caught cheating or bork their girlfriend's brother right in front of her, then I'd be more interested. Hence, grilled cheese zombification. The Oversoul is not amused by Romance Sims. The Oversoul is amused by zombies shuffling around jonesing for melty cheesy goodness.

That reminds me...my current neighborhood needs a bit of necromatic meddling.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Cyjon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 April 20, 23:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least Romance sims get 3500 aspiration for each boring act.  Pleasure sims get 500 so you have to do 7x as many boring things.  I generally play with only two romance sims in my neighborhood (one male one female) but I won't play with pleasure sims at all any more.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 April 20, 23:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the thing is, the aspirational value of those "boring" things is discrete. If they had gotten ASP continuously like motive-satisfaction for doing silly stuff, it'd have been more tolerable: But they don't, so the result is that satisfying their wants involves running about starting and stopping activities like a severely ADHD child.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2007 April 22, 01:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but I've known people like that IRL. The sims version appears to be a true and accurate representation of the pleasure-seeking personality, IMO. This doesn't make the behaviour any less irritating, however.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 April 22, 12:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but I've known people like that IRL. The sims version appears to be a true and accurate representation of the pleasure-seeking personality, IMO. This doesn't make the behaviour any less irritating, however.
Well, I'm not sure how "moving one chess piece" really constitutes playing chess or kicking the ball once constitutes a proper game of kicky bag, really. But I guess I'm a completist and not at all a pleasure sim, given that I derive satisfaction from being uncomfortable and miserable.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 April 23, 00:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I guess I'm a completist and not at all a pleasure sim, given that I derive satisfaction from being uncomfortable and miserable.

Maybe in your honor the next EP will add the 'Misery' aspiration. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: