More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 03:38:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  LTW's
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: LTW's  (Read 35631 times)
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: LTW's
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 27, 22:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WITCH FTW!!!
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: LTWs
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 27, 22:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh. It seems the Seasons version of the hack just requires you to drop stuff in the Downloads folder. I'd be more than glad to use the hack if I didn't have to modify core game files.

Didn't see that. I only saw the "haven't updated it yet" thread.

Interestingly, the file still contains wants.package and wantstuning.package although the intructions do say to drop it all into the downloads folder.

Has anyone tried to see if it actually works correctly this way?

I don't have Seasons yet, so I can't test it myself.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 27, 22:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tested it. It does appear to work correctly, which is great.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 27, 23:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I missed the 'drop it all in downloads' thing, and did the old method of replacing the wants and wantstuning files in the game directory, and it works fine that way too.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 28, 01:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not even know that there was new LTWs with seasons  Undecided

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: LTWs
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 28, 11:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interestingly, the file still contains wants.package and wantstuning.package although the intructions do say to drop it all into the downloads folder.

Has anyone tried to see if it actually works correctly this way?

Yes, it is working so far in my game.  I don't see why it should be a problem since the game seems to read anything in Downloads last and that overrides game files.  A lot of hacks and mods work that way - in fact, most do surely?  It used to be said that replacing your CAS!.package required changing base game files but they work just fine in Downloads too.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 28, 11:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is interesting. This issue warrants further exploration. It may be that they entirely changed how this stuff is read and more things may be open to overriding. If so, an Awesome version may be in the works.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 28, 11:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of LTW, is it possible to repeat the 20 best friends over again without first destroying friendships?  Especially if you've already hit the 30 best friends want. I know the career ones are easy to redo over.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 28, 11:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A LTW to be a Montana Mountain Man, eating raw meat and wearing bear pelts?  Shocked

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 28, 12:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of LTW, is it possible to repeat the 20 best friends over again without first destroying friendships?  Especially if you've already hit the 30 best friends want. I know the career ones are easy to redo over.
Wait for them to die?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 28, 12:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it is true that you can just stick them in the Downloads folder and not have to worry about anything else, then that makes things much easier. *shrugs* ... If anyone can confirm this, then perhaps the same thing would go for my teen woohoo wants hack.  That would definitely be useful to know. Smiley
Ste

That is interesting. This issue warrants further exploration. It may be that they entirely changed how this stuff is read and more things may be open to overriding. If so, an Awesome version may be in the works.

Oooh. New Shinys! I've been holding off on the teen woohoo wants hack because of already changing stuff with Squinge's mods. Looking forward to these!

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 28, 13:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An experimental revision of the Squinge LTW Mod is here. In the event that this link stops working, it will be because it was either discontinued or moved here. I've posted this information over in Squingeland also.

Due to the way LTWs interface with the game, it remains impossible to load more than a single LTW-modifying hack into the game. Ordinary wants may be possible, however. More experiments are currently under way.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 28, 14:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due to the way LTWs interface with the game, it remains impossible to load more than a single LTW-modifying hack into the game. Ordinary wants may be possible, however. More experiments are currently under way.

* Kyna is non-awesome and a little confused. 

By LTW-modifying hack do you mean a hack that modifies the LTWs available in the game, or do you also mean hacks such as ltwvariety that modify the range of LTWs available to a sim?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 28, 14:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Modifies available LTWs by adding new ones. LTWvariety only modifies BHAV check trees, not wants themselves. More experimentation is ongoing.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 March 28, 14:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

Does this experimentation include a completely new LTW: winning x number of fights?  Grouchy, active sims would love that want.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 March 28, 14:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am encountering some unusual behavior in the way wants appear to override. It appears possible to install a nonexistent want, yet an override for an existing want appears to fail to take.

Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 March 28, 21:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I just deleted squinge's and stuck yours in...i'll let you know if my game goes 'asplodie.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 March 28, 22:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah, great :-) Even if just one version works in the downloads folder, I woud like to see an awesome version with the uni careers and some extra goodies :-)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 March 28, 23:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. So I went and told Squinge about this, and he apparently responded by nuking my post. See if I tell HIM about any more shiny findings.

Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 March 28, 23:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hrrrmph. snob.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 March 28, 23:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably because of the massive size reduction you mentioned in your post over there (from nearly 1 MB to 32 kB).  Whoever deleted your post probably thought that kind of size reduction made Squinge look like a sloppy coder.

rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 March 29, 03:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll take massive size reduction in my hacks any day...That being said, I'm trying JM's version.  I loved finding the uni LTW's immediately.  I played all day without anything exploding. 
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2007 March 29, 03:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably because of the massive size reduction you mentioned in your post over there (from nearly 1 MB to 32 kB).  Whoever deleted your post probably thought that kind of size reduction made Squinge look like a sloppy coder.

hasn't that been pes's claim all along?

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 March 29, 18:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oooo - terrif.  Salutes - off to test.

Inteen for AL, yay!
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 March 29, 18:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't s'pose there's any chance of this being made available for Pets?  Seasons hasn't come to mac, y'see...  I put Squinge's into my game, but 1MB vs. 32K... that's a pretty big difference.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: