More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:52:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I have a quiet, happy baby in Seasons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have a quiet, happy baby in Seasons  (Read 13448 times)
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
I have a quiet, happy baby in Seasons
« on: 2007 March 26, 18:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing my family with the new baby, when I realised the baby was acting perfectly normal. No excessive crying, etc. So I thought about it for a while, and watched. The option to change the baby's diaper never came up. No diaper changing at all. I probably didn't notice earlier, because I was having the Sims routinely bathe the baby. So I experiemented by waiting until the tykes thumbnail turned from green to quite yellow. Still no option to change the diaper. I finally had the Sim bathe the baby, and yup, the thumbnail turned back to the normal green after the bath.

As long as I routinely bathe the baby, it is happy, cooing and being sweet just lying in the crib while looking around. Very nice.

Until a patch is ready, I thought maybe some of you with screaming babies might want to try a routine bath and see if it works in your game ....

For every King, there is a Queen ....
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: I have a quiet, happy baby in Seasons
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 26, 18:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do baths increase Fun?

Play With works, but you just have to brace yourself for vomit all the time.

I like the fussy babies.

Is hygiene dropping rapidly too?

Mine have been eating a lot more, but I thought maybe that had something to do with no longer having Inge's sleep through the night patch. I thought maybe being awake caused hunger to drop faster.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 26, 18:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My ACR sims have gone a bit mad (sadorandom TryForBaby rolling) so I've had a stream of infants and toddlers. Some babies seem to be OK, some just won't be settled by anything. Someone wondered if it could be related to personality? Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be affecting all babies. You might just have got lucky.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 26, 18:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I've only had two infants born in Seasons, both are quiet as well.  I have noticed they don't seem to sleep as much but there's been no wailing, except when they need their diapers changed.   I do have that option.

The babes are bathed, played with, cuddled, and fed regularly.  Had been waiting for the excessive crying to start, but it hasn't so far. 

I just figure my gameplay is rather mundane so I have boring babies.

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 26, 18:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The babes are bathed, played with, cuddled, and fed regularly.  Had been waiting for the excessive crying to start, but it hasn't so far. 

I just figure my gameplay is rather mundane so I have boring babies.
It sounds like you routinely pay lots of attention/take good care of the babies.

I think a lot of us have issues because we were used to throwing them in a crib, feeding them once a day, and ignoring them till toddlerhood.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 26, 18:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My ACR sims have gone a bit mad (sadorandom TryForBaby rolling) so I've had a stream of infants and toddlers. Some babies seem to be OK, some just won't be settled by anything. Someone wondered if it could be related to personality? Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be affecting all babies. You might just have got lucky.

I had a run of apparently "good" babies and hadn't experienced the fussy babies at all until last night. Brandi Broke gave birth to twins and the little buggers wouldn't quit crying no matter how much they were cuddled, played with or fed.

I did notice something amjoie had mentioned though, both babies were in need of a diaper change and there wasn't any option to do so. They didn't have a changing table and only after selling a few odds and ends to be able to afford one, did the option come up.

Another thing that was odd was that I had the nanny take care of the babies while Brandi was working and she bathed the babies in the kitchen sink; I don't recall ever seeing a nanny bathe an infant before. She also consistently left them on the floor in the kitchen rather then returning them to their cribs.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 26, 19:04:34 by KellyQ » Logged

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 26, 18:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have some evidence that suggests the screaming may be brought about by low social motive, and the Cuddle action may be failing to grant additional social after a certain point, making it unraiseable.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 26, 19:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had plenty of babies in seasons, all of which never ever cried if their diaper wasn´t full. I installed all of Pescado´s seasons hacks dumply without looking at the manuals of every hack and had just assumed nocrybabies was a fix for that issue.

I just now RTFM and realised this is not at all the case. By now I have put back in squinge´s breastfeeding hack, which would stop this behaviour if it is caused by low social, as breastfeeding increases social. Maybe bathing does, too? At least it does so for toddlers. I hardly ever bath my babies.

However I had a babies, when I played the Riverblossom Hood without any hacks, but Pescado´s and they didn´t cry either. And the Ottomas twins were hardly ever cuddled. Does this bug not appear in every game?
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 26, 20:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No cry babies fixes obnoxious nice & shy sim crying in irrelevant situations.
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 26, 20:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No cry babies fixes obnoxious nice & shy sim crying in irrelevant situations.

Yes, I realised that when I finally read the manual, after reading about the bug here and wondering why it was still an issue. Anyway I am still glad to have it, as the constant crying of mean grumpy adults was very out of character and I didn´t even know there was a fix for it.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 26, 20:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well it's totally random because I have a set of twins, one that is perfectly fine, the other cries constantly no matter how much I cuddle,play,feed.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 26, 21:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims will not be allowed to spawn until the crying issue is fixed. Crying babies make me absolutely crazycakes in real life, don't need to test my blood pressure with pixelsprogs.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 26, 21:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims will not be allowed to spawn until the crying issue is fixed. Crying babies make me absolutely crazycakes in real life, don't need to test my blood pressure with pixelsprogs.

At least with the game you can press the 'mute' button. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 26, 22:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a few that cried incessantly, but they are in the minority. Most of the babies have been just fine. Weird sort of bug... why (and how) is it picking and choosing which babies to affect?

Fail.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 26, 22:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that's what I was wondering...lol the little boy twin is just screaming his lungs out and his sister is just laying there contentedly looking around...my first thought was, wow I wonder what THIS kid's personality points are!  I didn't know it was a bug at the time lol

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 26, 22:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM seems to think it might be when the fun gets too low to recover.

Maybe like the caffeinate thing or the eat/sleep thing when sims get too much in the red to recover. Maybe your twins were verging but you got one up in time and the other's fun had gone beyond recovery point? The babies I've pulled the bars of up manually don't seem to sink back into crying babies.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 26, 23:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of think it gives him personality.  Cheesy Maybe he will grow up to be an evil serial killer. Shocked

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 27, 00:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today I had two sets of twins born in the same house at the same time. It's really a disaster.

I made them all selectable, and it just seems that ALL the motives are dropping faster than they used to.

And the comfort motive never seems to fill up more than halfway.

I have some evidence that suggests the screaming may be brought about by low social motive, and the Cuddle action may be failing to grant additional social after a certain point, making it unraiseable.
I haven't had any problems keeping them full green in social.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 27, 03:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of think it gives him personality.  Cheesy Maybe he will grow up to be an evil serial killer. Shocked

One can only hope. Wink

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 27, 13:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it happens more often with twins (or one of a set of twins). I wonder if there's any difference between normal and cheesecake or cheat twins too.

I was quite happy with my crybaby - she laid next to her mother (who set her down on the kitchen floor) while she died, so makes perfect sense to me that she can't much be comforted.

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 27, 13:37:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any problems keeping them full green in social.
I haven't encountered any actual problems either, but in testing I have observed cases where I dragged social to very low levels and it would not go back up no matter how many times the baby was cuddled. It seems like if you start out in a good condition, you're fine, but if it sinks below some critical point, it will not go back up easily. Snapdragon and other radius-emitter therapies can help, but actual socializing appears to become totally ineffective. Standard baby care is NORMALLY sufficient to keep the baby placated anyway until it becomes a toddler, but those who run aging off or not aging out ASAP are effectively running a race against time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 27, 16:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least with the game you can press the 'mute' button. Smiley

I tend to play large lots with lots of Sims, and sometimes an audio cue is the only sign that one of them is doing something stupid or potentially fatal.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 27, 16:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today I had two sets of twins born in the same house at the same time. It's really a disaster.

I made them all selectable, and it just seems that ALL the motives are dropping faster than they used to.

And the comfort motive never seems to fill up more than halfway.

I noticed that, too, but even then the infants weren't terribly fussy

I also noticed that toddler hygiene seems to go down way faster than it did before.  I usually only bathe a toddler once, at the most, and my last four toddlers required two or three baths per child.  It's quite vexing as I don't use tubs as a rule and it cuts into vital skillbuilding time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 27, 21:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly haven't noticed this to be a problem. With the new Seasons-related bonii, it's entirely possible to max out all 3 available skills as a toddler.

Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 27, 22:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the reason that fun is being blamed is that, in my game anyway, about 50% of babies are transitioning to toddlers with their fun motive completely in the red.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: