More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 01:44:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Seasons crashes before it even starts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons crashes before it even starts  (Read 2373 times)
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Seasons crashes before it even starts
« on: 2007 March 30, 22:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, my first request for help... yesterday, I installed Seasons and played a  custom content-free game for about 15 minutes.
Today, when I tried to check the updated hacks and other files... logo comes up, loading screen appears briefly ...  and that's it, "The application has crashed yadayadayada". All I get is a Sims2Exception log, which always refers to the exe file. From what has been posted before, I gather that those logs don't provide useful information or do they?

Since those error files mention the Sims2EP5.exe file, I tried to replace it with a different exe aka no-cd... same crash happens.
The next try featured a mini-image instead of the original disc ... same result.

groups.cache does not even regenerate after I deleted it.
I emptied the Downloads folder and as far as I'm aware, I replaced any changed game files with their original backup file.

My computer is a 3GHz Pentium 4, 1.50GB RAM, WinXP with a NVidia Gefore 7600 GS. The driver version is 9.1.4.7, which ran fine with Pets before.

The last thing I did in game was changing the game options (disabled the check for custom content).
Maybe I'm bored enough to try a complete reinstall tomorrow... though I think it won't help.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Seasons crashes before it even starts
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 31, 02:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rename your sims2 folder under mydocs and see if the game actually boots at all, it should create a new sims2 folder. If it still won't boot, you may have corrupted core game files somehow.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Seasons crashes before it even starts
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 31, 09:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, renaming would have been quicker. Wink I tried with new user accounts and the game starts smoothly. Then I added the most important downloads back in and it's still fine. Added default replacements and CEP and still have a running game. So now my culprit is the Scriptorium. As soon as that is installed, the crash happens.

Guess I can live without it...

PS: Problem solved, thank you Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: