More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 04:42:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  JobData - school - public error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: JobData - school - public error  (Read 4551 times)
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
JobData - school - public error
« on: 2007 March 26, 02:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What could be causing this error? I have no idea what object might be iinvolved with JobData - school - public.

edited to send as txt doc

« Last Edit: 2007 March 26, 16:02:06 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

For every King, there is a Queen ....
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: JobData - school - public error
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 26, 13:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... do you have any hacks that affect school related stuff?  Such as any homework, private school, or night school hacks?

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 26, 16:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it a recurring error, or a problem that only occurred once? Clearly it is the work of the Non-Awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 26, 17:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is recurring. Many lots, with or without children. It doesn't seem to be tied to any one circumstance, sometimes happening shortly after the lot is opened, and sometimes a little later. It goes away with a reset, and doesn't come back until a restart of the game.

I don't have any hack conflicts. And all my mods are approved for Seasons, mostly awesome mods with just a few other non-conflicting mods. It is the same brew of mods I have run since OFB, and through Pets, though always updated. That's why this is confusing to me, because I have constantly updated, but not added new mods, other than those specifically related to Seasons (and nothing about schools).

It was happening way before the Insim, which I just added yesterday. Actually, this has happened ever since I installed Seasons ....

If it isn't something that stands out, and is easily pinpointed, then I suppose I am in for a long and arduous search for the culprit. Sigh. Just thought I'd ask, first, in case you could say, "It's the such and such," and save me the trouble.  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2007 March 26, 17:52:22 by amjoie » Logged

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 26, 21:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... the obvious answer is to look for any hacks related to school type things.  Remove those first.

If the problem persists, remove your Downloads completely to even see if it is hack related.  If there is no problem without hacks, then it is hack related.  You can probably limit yourself to any type of global hacks.  All other types of custom content (genetics, clothing, furniture, self-contained objects) are mostly safe.

Then just use binary search.

Ste

amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 27, 01:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I only have one non-awesome mod that relates to school, Carrigon's no school mod. But I had nothing of hers in my game for a while, until she updated. The problem was happening even before, so it isn't that mod. I suppose some mods may affect school in a non-obvious way, so they don't stand out. Sigh.

This time, I had hoped to avoid the customary "divide in half, and then in half, and then in half" until the stinker is found, that usually accompanies a new expansion. I suppose its my fault. I love to mod and remod the game until it plays exactly the way I want.

Oh well, this only happens about once every six months ....   LOL   Roll Eyes

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 29, 20:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are your awesome hacks UPdated?

amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 31, 05:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are your awesome hacks UPdated?

Yup. Every expansion, I fresh install the whole game in order, installing patches along the way. I add the latest greatest and test it to bits, to find out what is under the hood. Then I ditch the test hood and add Pescado's updated mods, and other Awesome mods. After that I start searching the web for everyone else's updated mods. No mod goes into the downloads folder that isn't either updated or I hear from the creator that it is safe to use in the new expansion because no update is needed. After I get the mods in, I make a new test hood and use that until I feel it is safe to movan established hood into the game. [But with Seasons, I'm going to start all over, because everything needs to be built differently, to accommodate the Seasons features. So it's a great time to start fresh.]

As the days go by, whenever I add updated mods, I check with the hack scanner to catch conflicts.

But, invariably, I still find something or other that needs to be taken out of the downloads folder, and it isn't always a mod. So it seems like I'm always doing the half, and then half, and then half thing each new expansion. But it is a lot easier now than it used to be, because everything is organized.

I'll eventually find the culprit, when I have time to do the search. Right now, though, I'm installing programs and moving files from my old computer to my new Dell XPS 710 H2C, so everything is taking a back seat to getting the new PC up and running. That's why it took so long for me to realize you had asked a question. Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: