More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:02:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I'm sure everyone but me knew about this Maxis Hair for Male Sims.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I'm sure everyone but me knew about this Maxis Hair for Male Sims.  (Read 33999 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
I'm sure everyone but me knew about this Maxis Hair for Male Sims.
« on: 2007 March 24, 21:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The two sims up for download here: http://www.portalmix.com/lossims/descargas/especiales/andyylucas/#skins come with new hair. It's pretty nice hair, properly binned.

Anyway, there is so little good stuff for male sims that I figured people might want to know about this. I frequent all sorts of "finds" and "updates" sites, and had not seen these until today, so maybe some of you haven't either.

A bit of warning though, the sims come with facial templates, and townies/NPCs will use these when generated, and the templates are so ugly it makes you want to crawn under a rock and die to get away from the ugly.... You can remove the templates by deleting the "achetype" files.

Fail.
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
Re: I'm sure everyone but me knew about this Maxis Hair for Male Sims.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 25, 00:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you SimPE in different facial geometries...?
zoebme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 25, 01:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sim "Paolo Meneguzzi" from the Italian EA-Site also comes with new hair (binned) here: http://www.electronicarts.it/Downloads.aspx?id=1274. It doesn't really work with dark skintones though, because there is some weirdness at the forehead and there are light spots. Maybe someone who knows what they're doing could look into that? That sim isn't particularly pretty, either, but I don't think it comes with a face template.

By the way, I didn't find this sim myself, I got him originally from an "International Downloads Pack" I got here http://ts2preorderpack.myfreeforum.org/forum1.php. You can also get all the preorder stuff there.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 25, 02:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you SimPE in different facial geometries...?

I've been meaning to try that with these two and with Jeanette and Hillary Duff, who are also archetypes. It would probably work, and hey, more townie variety is good!

Fail.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 25, 03:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* simsbaby twiches.

I found that Andy sim's clothing in Nightlife a long time ago, and spent ages trying to figure out why it wouldn't work. Thanks for finding these.  Smiley
* simsbaby 's brain explodes.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 25, 04:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can I extract only the hair of those sims? I don't care for additional archetype faces or clothes, I'd just like to see the hair in game. When I open the SIMS2PACK file with the Clean Installer I can check all the lines where it says "hair", but I don't know if that also includes the mesh. Each one of those recolor files is only 2 KB which seems quite small to me ... Huh
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 25, 04:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made these because even when Maxis/EA make something good, they break it. Tongue

This is just the hair from Andy and Lucas, nothing else. Also fixed it so that it no longer resets to the default hair when switching colors.

Download Here  Wink

Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 25, 05:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been meaning to try that with these two and with Jeanette and Hillary Duff, who are also archetypes. It would probably work, and hey, more townie variety is good!

Honestly, I keep meaning to do it myself, but keep forgetting.  But, now I have four extras to play with, so... 
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 25, 06:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I keep meaning to do it myself, but keep forgetting.  But, now I have four extras to play with, so... 

There's also the Tata Young sim, which is also an archetype, so that makes five total. I forgot about her earlier. You can get her from the link http://ts2preorderpack.myfreeforum.org/forum1.php

The Paolo sim sadly is not an archetype. Why they had to do it differently that time, I don't know.  Roll Eyes

Fail.
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 25, 06:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I see what you mean.  Thanks for that other link... more archetypes means more fun, and I'd not heard of that one previously.
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 25, 12:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is just the hair from Andy and Lucas, nothing else. Also fixed it so that it no longer resets to the default hair when switching colors.

Download Here  Wink
Wow, great, thank you! *hugs* Out of curiosity I installed Andy, Lucas and Paolo last night - phew, those are really BUTT ugly. I'm always happy about variety, but not in that bad way ... Shocked
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 25, 17:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inspired by that same kind of morbid curiosity that compels some people to look at car wrecks, I felt I had to take a look.  This is definitively a case that calls for eye bleach.  Now, morbid curiosity compelled me to further experiments.   What would happen if you were a good little Maxis drone who downloads every official thing that they spew out?  Or let's say you like the hair but do not have your very own Simsbaby to surgically cut away the cancer that is those sims's faces.   So all unsuspecting you let this archetype loose in your neighborhood.  Let's say again that you are playing some kind of legacy challenge (like the alphabet soup challenge) and it turns out that this newly spawned townie from hell is the only candidate that you can marry your legacy to.  This would be the next generation in your legacy.  Those faint of heart, please shield your eyes.

Surprisingly, even combining these horrors with a typical Maxis frog face could not top the incredible fuglyness of the original.  This has to be some kind of achievement.

However, I did have a moment's pity for the poor individuals in whose image those sims were created.  I am sure they went home and asked their wives, do I really look like that?  Followed by a quick call to the best plastic surgeon in town.

« Last Edit: 2007 March 25, 19:31:23 by angelyne » Logged
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 25, 17:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh and here are the original, so you won't have to go through the horror of putting them into your game.  All I can say is ...hmm nice hair

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 25, 19:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oooo hey - staggers back.  That was a bit sudden.  That man has planes on his face. 

(Note to self: make sure I only install Simbaby's versions of the hairs)

Inteen for AL, yay!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 25, 21:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also the Tata Young sim, which is also an archetype, so that makes five total. I forgot about her earlier. You can get her from the link http://ts2preorderpack.myfreeforum.org/forum1.php

The Paolo sim sadly is not an archetype. Why they had to do it differently that time, I don't know.  Roll Eyes

also a good link http://ts2downloads.freespaces.com/ ..official pre-orders here as well. but the other site has listings of international downloads, pulled-downloads and last i looked most of the pre-order stuff

i also feel pretty bad for those Lucus and Andy guys ...its like they took their features and then pushed them to the extremes ...i checked out their site, they're actualy pretty good looking ...stuck their sims music video in my game too. they had to have used some other program with the sims 2, to do that video ...
« Last Edit: 2007 March 25, 22:12:45 by morriganrane » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Tata Young Hair & Dress
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 26, 00:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, those sims are ugly. Who would let EA make a sim out of them?

Anyway, here is the Tata Young Hair fixed up. The brown one wasn't showing up, instead it was displaying a custom texture made for the Tata sim. Now brown is brown and the Tata texture is custom.

Edit: Here is the dress too.
Download Hair

Download Dress
« Last Edit: 2007 March 26, 00:35:42 by simsbaby » Logged

Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 26, 00:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will someone please explain to a rapidly-growing-more-senile-non-awesome old lady how one actually gets the file from the rapidshare site?  

All I get is an endless progression of windows each of which asks for yet more input of somesort while suggesting I spend a bunch of Euros to pay for the priviledge of NOT having to go through the endless progress of windows.....

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 26, 00:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you click on a link that goes to rapidshare, the first page you will see will have a comparison of what you'd get if you were a paid customer versus being a freeloader. On the bottom of the page, where it says Select your download: click the FREE button. The next page will ask you to wait while your "ticket" is waiting in line for the download. DO NOTHING. Just wait. When the countdown reaches zero, you are asked to type in some numbers or letters to confirm. And then just click the download button.

Fail.
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Tata Young Hair & Dress
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 26, 01:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Here is the dress too.

Goodness gracious... that dress looks almost... nice?  Not fugly?
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 26, 01:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

woohoo more hair !! <hits the dowload button>  That's just like crack baby.  Thanks Simsbaby

I abhor rapidshare!  I ran through all their extremely annoying hoops, entered the "confirmation number to prevent abuse".  It told me the number was wrong and kicked me out of the queue.  Whatever. I don't want anything THAT bad.   Why do people use that service anyway.  It blows.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 26, 01:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

woohoo more hair !! <hits the dowload button>  That's just like crack baby.  Thanks Simsbaby

I abhor rapidshare!  I ran through all their extremely annoying hoops, entered the "confirmation number to prevent abuse".  It told me the number was wrong and kicked me out of the queue.  Whatever. I don't want anything THAT bad.   Why do people use that service anyway.  It blows.

that happens when you wait too long after the little count down is over to put in the code :/ happens to me too as i have baaaaad ADD

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 26, 07:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Simsbaby. Smiley

Hexentanz
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 11, 11:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simsbaby, that dress looks very good, but it can't be downloaded from that link...  Undecided

Me neither!
SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 April 11, 12:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could wet myself from all the fugylness.

Oops. Too late.

Kiss

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 April 11, 12:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately none of the rogepost.com links are working. Simsbaby would you please try uploading them again or use a different site?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: