More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:29:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Servo and alien mods?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Servo and alien mods?  (Read 5093 times)
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Servo and alien mods?
« on: 2007 April 12, 00:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing a lot recently since Seasons came out (and since it beats studying).

I thought of two things that would make the game more fun (for me).

1. Make Servos stop autonomously serving food.  I keep my sims fed plenty well without constantly having pies, cakes, and lobster prepared for them at random.  Just clean the house, train the pets, and provide a father figure to the kids, please. 

2. I'd like for the chance to be abducted by aliens to rise based on the sim.  Keep the baseline chance, but then add a percent or half a percent for each unusual "type"--vampire, zombie, werewolf, plantsim, servo--and for each skill that's maxed out.  I figure the aliens would be more interested in unusual specimens.

Are there any mods like these out there?
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Servo and alien mods?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 12, 00:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't help you with the second one, but Squinge at insimenator.net has a 'no autonomous cooking' hack, and there are numerous 'no servo chores' hacks floating around (I think there's even one here at MATY). If you choose a 'no servo chores' hack, but still want the servo to clean, you can use Macrotastics, which is found on this site.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 12, 14:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool, thanks.

As long as I've got a thread, is there also a mod out there to make is easier to get nibbled by the LOTP?  I've got a sim who wants to be a werewolf, and he's built up a 100/100 relationship with the LOTP (the Prima guide says you need a "substantial" relationship, but gives no numbers), but if I leave them to their own devices all they'll do all night is play razzle.  I've got the mod that makes a lycanthropy potion an aspiration reward, but I'd like to be able to make a werewolf properly.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 12, 15:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the wolf comes. ignore it. it'll nibble when it wants attention. (it's a wolf interaction, not a pc-controlled one)

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 12, 18:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the wolf comes. ignore it. it'll nibble when it wants attention. (it's a wolf interaction, not a pc-controlled one)

Should I greet it first, or ignore it totally?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 12, 18:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should I greet it first, or ignore it totally?
Greet it. I'd turn off autonomy on your sims as well to provide maximum nibbly opportunities.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 12, 21:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you know if Greet -> Procrastinate would work? Or would that stomp the NPC action towards the sim?

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 13, 00:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there are numerous 'no servo chores' hacks floating around (I think there's even one here at MATY).

A direct link.
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 13, 16:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay . . . for getting nibbled, I've locked the doors to pets so that the LOTP can't go into the house, gotten rid of the chew toy I had to keep him from destroying my stuff after I greeted him, and now it's just a matter of waiting for him to get bored and bite my sim, I guess.  Hopefully he'll do it before the sim dies of old age.

Also, thanks, Breyerii for the link.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 13, 16:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you know that weres age, right?

Anyway, it depends on how much wolfyboy likes your sim, not the other way around. but yeah, sounds like you've got it sorted. boa sorte!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 14, 01:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know that weres age.  (Do they come back as werewolf ghosts?)  If I wanted to keep him from dying, I'd have his cousin vamp him.  Since being a werewolf tanked his grouchy/nice trait (and his wife was no prize on that front, either), I might bring them back as zombies, just to have some around the neighborhood.  Since none of my sims ever die accidentally*, I'm usually pretty sick of playing them by the time they die.

* I am making this absolute statement in the hope that fate will prove me wrong. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: