More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:17:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sigh, that's what I get for messing with non-awesome hacks.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sigh, that's what I get for messing with non-awesome hacks.  (Read 9459 times)
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Sigh, that's what I get for messing with non-awesome hacks.
« on: 2007 March 24, 00:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mkay....
I buckled down, a few months ago, and tried the inteenimater.  I only played with it for maybe two weeks before Seasons came out.
Now I have a dilemma for which I need some advice.
I had two girls who had babies in University...This was all fine when I was running inteen because it is set up to move the children out with the mothers (if I remember correctly). 
What I did to try to get one of the children out was summon them with Inge's teleporter shrub (to the main hood) at which point I used the option to move the toddler in.  Once he was moved in, he lost his toddler state and was sort of in limbo...He couldn't play with the toddler toys and I realized that it was because the game was confusing him for a different age. (child or older, not exactly sure)
So, I control clicked (testingcheatsenabled) and "set to birthday".  The child grew into a child, but now he has this obsessive want to be his own friend, lol...(that sort of thing scares me....like the crazy bugs that were rampant before the expansion packs)
So, I am hesitant now to try moving in the other toddler to a base neighborhood household for fear that impending doom would be nigh behind if I mess around with this too much more.
I have no idea if what I did and what ended up happening is a VBT,  but I am going to risk being laughed at to save the rest of my neighborhood. Smiley
Thanks for any advice.

EDIT: Oh, I should mention that my overall question here is...How might I safely get the other toddler back into the neighborhood without creating an explosion? Smiley
« Last Edit: 2007 March 24, 01:01:06 by OpiumGirl » Logged
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Sigh, that's what I get for messing with non-awesome hacks.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 24, 01:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what sort of backups you might have of your game files, but have you considered a temporary uninstall of Seasons while you get parent/child out of Uni with InTeen in? Alternately, maybe age the toddler to child or teen before moving them out via shrub and see if the move works more smoothly? And it's probably not the most ideal "solution", but you could always try to age the toddler to teen (past the social worker age), send him/her to an early grave before the parent graduates, and be done with it ;o)

Good luck!
Liz

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 24, 02:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 24, 13:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wrong image. Here is the relevant one:

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 24, 15:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 24, 15:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what's that "God" you are talking about?

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 24, 15:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me.

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 25, 00:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wrong image. Here is the relevant one:

Thanks, Venusy. I had good intentions of finding the right image but Google returned me some highly disturbing results for Kitten Killer and after seeing those, I lost the will to be accurate.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 26, 10:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all so much for the help! Smiley
As I mentioned, I've converted and am anti kitten killing from here forward.
Now, anyone have any ideas on how to resurrect my kittens who are stuck in Uni?

EDITED for grammar.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 26, 13:47:32 by OpiumGirl » Logged
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 08, 15:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You people slay me.  LOL.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Zirconia Wolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 09, 15:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er, no offence but InTEEN has never given me any problems whatsoever. I find it & InSIM to be the best "uber-mods" for Sims 2 around. Then again, I make sure I have the correct version installed (InTEEN was only updated for Seasons a day or to ago) and actually read the documentaion/instructions that comes with it.

But that's just me....

-ZW
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 09, 15:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er, no offence but InTEEN has never given me any problems whatsoever. I find it & InSIM to be the best "uber-mods" for Sims 2 around. Then again, I make sure I have the correct version installed (InTEEN was only updated for Seasons a day or to ago) and actually read the documentaion/instructions that comes with it.

But that's just me....

-ZW
I think you are missing the point. It's more what InTeen allows you to do than what it could potentially bork.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 09, 17:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it has nothing to do with the coding, and for the record, I've read the Inteen documentation thoroughly.  Shocked  I think most of the people here do the same.  I just rushed taking inteen out since it wasn't compatible with Seasons...at which point I had to dig myself out of after using Inteen. 

Jase, you are the panderer of kitten killers! Wink
SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 09, 17:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The child grew into a child, but now he has this obsessive want to be his own friend, lol...(that sort of thing scares me....like the crazy bugs that were rampant before the expansion packs)
Lol, that's quite funny. Maybe he was a skitz? Well, a skitsophrenic toddler is unlikely, but be it on your own head: you downloaded the inteenimator!
(Just kidding, it's a fair hack)
Anyway, you could use SimPE's sim surgery to export him/clone him and then re-place (as in, place anew) him to the main hood. It would require some relationship tweaking but I figure it's the safest bet. When my 'hood got corrupted (well, I thought it was corrupted) then that's what I did. Any corruption *shouldn't* be carried over once you've cloned him.

ETA: Brain fart ~ is SimPE updated for Seasons yet? I've heard it's safe to tweak *some* things, but ignore my ignoramus advice if it isn't!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 09, 21:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not updated yet. I've done a few little things in it since I couldn't wait (name changes, checking townie names back when I was thinking about doing the Alphabet Challenge, color binning hair) and so far so good. But of course it won't have anything on the new careers or plantsimage. Not sure about much else because I've never really gotten into the details of SimPE. I mostly use it to change townie personalities to their genetic personality when they somehow get borked, and change townie names if I get duplicates.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 11, 13:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only things not working are the memory editor and the family relationships from what I understand.  Otherwise, SimPE is working fine.  It's just that I need the memory editor NOW dammit.

Inteen is fab BTW. 

Inteen for AL, yay!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 11, 16:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can't they get friend or social points with themselves if they play that damn hand held game ...he could slowly become his own best friend.
if you haven't fixed this yet inteen is out so stick it back in ...personaly i would have just stuk the old one in long enough to try and get the sims as most of the time all it does to a new expansion supress new interactions or sometimes a few old ones ..maybe make weird things pop up in strange places ..

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 12, 10:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best action for you in this is inaction, for now.  I have used this Hack Which Must Not Be Named many times over the years and you should just wait until the Seasons updated release is out and then put it in at least long enough to reclaim your Uni child.  Until then, play other families.  I never used the hack so much that I didn't have plenty of other unaffected families to play while the hack was updated.  As for the boy with the odd wants, as long as he is not afflicted with a jump bug, massive Q-dump bug, or some other heinous malady I wouldn't be too concerned.  The game is pretty resilient in my experience and he should be just fine, and I would expect him to 'grow out' of his peculiar narcissism in time if you play him long enough.  It's really quite funny if you think about it.  I really love these kinds of 'glitches' because they can break the monotonous routine of 'normal' sims lives, especially if you have a lot of them.  Maybe he has low self-esteem?  Perhaps because of this he has one less free 'wants' slot available than others?  Role-play it and add it to his story.  This sort of uniqueness is something special that gives that sim a certain character that none of your others have, making him something more of an individual than the others.

Besides a BFBVFS isn't a BFBVFS until a BFB is VFS!

"....like the crazy bugs that were rampant before the expansion packs..."
I miss those...wait...I still have some of those!

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 12, 20:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides a BFBVFS isn't a BFBVFS until a BFB is VFS!
Ha, true enough!

I have come out of it without any noticeable sparks...so far, that is.

I just used the same method to pull out the other boy (with Inge's Shrub Plus) and this second one happened to teleport and move in with no visible problems (like wanting to be his own friend).

I also went back to the first boy's memories and found no record of him meeting himself.
Looking back, when I first installed Seasons, I had all sorts of odd want related glitches.  It seemed, at first, like all of my sims had turned into romance sims because they had a bunch of flirt wants and other romance specific wants.  But, over the course of playing it, it seems that these have all gone away.  So perhaps that was just a fluke that came with the new expansion and how it reset the game.  Well, at least I hope it was.  Roll Eyes

Anyway, all of the kittens are back home and safe.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 13, 01:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking back, when I first installed Seasons, I had all sorts of odd want related glitches.  It seemed, at first, like all of my sims had turned into romance sims because they had a bunch of flirt wants and other romance specific wants.

Are you sure it wasn't the fact that it was spring?

I could swear everyone started on Spring when I first installed, and spring usually makes my sims want to kiss, flirt, and go on dates...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: