More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:35:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is anyone else having this much problems with flashing blue accessories in pets?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is anyone else having this much problems with flashing blue accessories in pets?  (Read 23778 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Is anyone else having this much problems with flashing blue accessories in p
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 25, 03:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem as well since the first day of OMGPetz, with Dr. Pixel's mesh and otherwise. And after the Pets-patch and with Dr. Pixel's "fixed" mesh too. Mirror fixes have been temporary at best - any changing of lots borks all baubles back to blue. Haven't noticed it with vamps, but I don't spend that much time Downtown. Like you, I'm irritated at the loss of a good "turn-on" category, since it's essentially useless to me now. Haven't bothered with accessories since Seasons install (gave up on them altogether a couple weeks after Pets came out), but I'll give it a shot the next time I play and see if the new EP makes any difference for me.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Is anyone else having this much problems with flashing blue accessories in pets?
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 25, 06:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How strange is this!  Shocked I recall seeing one incident of flashing after getting pets. That was with a vampire and at the time I had somebody's mesh alter for vampire teeth.. made them smaller and I can't recall who they were by but it was off MTS2. Anyway I figured they weren't updated for pets, removed them and have never seen another flash since.

Maybe I just don't use enough accessories?
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: Is anyone else having this much problems with flashing blue accessories in pets?
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 25, 06:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What kind of graphics card are you using, Gwill? I've got a Nvidia Geforce 5200....maybe it's another nvidia issue?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 25, 07:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i got a radeon card, not nvidia. so i dont think its that... Heck i even changed drivers from the catalyst to the omega ones, and im still getting blue flashes. Have been getting them since pets, and still have them in seasons. And changing in the mirror is only a temp solution. Next reload or walkby its blue again.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 25, 10:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Radeon X700 here.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 25, 10:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

x1950 here

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
CrabOfDoom
Asinine Airhead

death by tray it shall be

View Profile
Re: Is anyone else having this much problems with flashing blue accessories in p
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 25, 23:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got that problem after Pets, too, so much so that I mostly gave up on using any accessories like that. I was having the same deal of a sim crouching down, but the blue accessories staying at standing level. I know I'm only using an integrated Raedon Xpress M200, but come on! I haven't tried any necklaces or such since installing Seasons, so I haven't seen if it's still persisting for me.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 26, 00:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have flashing blue, but a steady blue. Not all accessories, just some. In BodyShop and CAS. Once I put it in game, however, the blue disappears. Nvidia 6600GT.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 26, 13:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I get that too.  I've pretty much gone through all of my sims and just removed accessories.  I've noticed it happens a lot with accessories that are wearable with other accessories or glasses.  I have yet to come across a regular cloned pair of glasses that this happens with, even if it's a new mesh.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 26, 15:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happens pretty consistently, I'd say 80-90% of the time, when I make this one sim I have saved in bodyshop- I make a lot of movies with him, and he has stay-on horns from MTS2, and the horns almost always flash no matter what age I make him at.

INFP or something
Katie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 27, 23:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw this today for the first time. It's a flashing blue, deformed version of generalzoi's trench coat accessory. He was not wearing the trench before the installation of Seasons.

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 29, 19:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that with the installation of Pets and subsequent installation of Pets patch(es) I also continued to have this random blue glasses/earrings problem.

Of course, with Seasons, somehow my whole neighborhood got borked and I deleted ALL my custom content and started over, purposely NOT downloading or installing any custom glasses or earring files (much to my dismay, as even in 'rl' I am a jewelry freak)...

So today, SimChic came out with some fabulous new earrings.  I have downloaded them but am afraid to install because I've actually liked NOT having all my female sims have flashing blue squares.

But, just for the sake of discovering if installing Seasons and removing around 10,000 files from my downloads folder has somehow fixed this problem, I'll install these files and see how it goes.  Will report back, but I suspect it won't be good news.

Oh yeah, my video card is a Radeon.

And re Katie's post of the deformed trench coat - just before installing seasons, I had several townies show up at commercial lots looking like that except they were red from the head down.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 30, 01:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this:

Move your downloads folder out of your game folder
Start up Bodyshop.
Close Bodyshop.
Delete the DL folder that BS created in your game folder.
Move your DL folder back into your game folder.

I have TS2 on a second account the kids use and they had lots of blue flashing content last night (they don't care).  I followed the above instructions tonight and when I opened the game, the blue flashes had disappeared.

I did this on my own account after installing Seasons and it worked.  Why, I have no idea.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 30, 02:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are solid blue pool walls/floors related to this issue? I made a pool on a new lot the other day and when I went to try out some pool walls, I couldn't see any of them- it was just solid blue. I tried useshaders, nothing. But on my legacy lot where they've had a pool for ever, I was able to put in the new walls/floors just fine.

INFP or something
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 March 30, 06:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this:

/snip

I did this on my own account after installing Seasons and it worked.  Why, I have no idea.

Okies, Im going to try this as well, because blue floating squares, where the lovliest earrings used to be, is driving me up and down the walls.
Ill let you know if it works out for me as well.
Baaaaaaaah.

/edit:
And the answer is, that doing the dl folder swaparound does not work on my sims. They still have blue flashing squares, where their earrings ought to be. Sad
« Last Edit: 2007 March 30, 07:07:24 by cyperangel » Logged

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 March 30, 07:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this:

I'll try anything.

Are solid blue pool walls/floors related to this issue? I made a pool on a new lot the other day and when I went to try out some pool walls, I couldn't see any of them- it was just solid blue. I tried useshaders, nothing. But on my legacy lot where they've had a pool for ever, I was able to put in the new walls/floors just fine.

That sounds more like a Nvidia issue, or a just plain underpowered graphics card.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 30, 07:09:01 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
CrabOfDoom
Asinine Airhead

death by tray it shall be

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 March 30, 17:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drat. I played for a bit last night, and to experiment, made a vampirized Sephiroth. He's asleep in his closed basement coffin, and his fangs are hovering above it, flashing like his last mortal meal was a radioactive blueberry pie. Not exactly the best way to instill terror into the neighborhood.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 March 30, 19:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay.  I played last night and installed earrings and glasses on several female sims. 

Started the game up this morning and sent a business owner to his lot where I knew all the females including the manager would show up sporting their new accessories.

Here's what I got:

The manager wearing glasses based on an XMSims mesh:

customer Octavia wearing earrings from Sim Chic (mesh from Sim Chic):

customer Tara who should be wearing Sim Chic earrings, but she's preggers, so maybe that's why they aren't there:

and another customer wearing earrings from TSR based on a mesh by Lianna at TSR:

And I asked my personal computer geek (husband) since I never get this stuff right and he says I have a Radeon 9600 video card, 2 gig of RAM and an AMD 2.1 gig processor.

So now I'm wondering if it's a conflict with the video card?

All I know for sure is that the glasses are all going.  No sense letting them clutter up the downloads folder if their gonna go blue...

edited because I used html not BB code.

toriamos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 March 30, 20:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have blue flashing accessories since pets. My computer has the intel graphic (the one that was ok'd for the sims 2) and my son also has blue flashing accessories he has  Nivida  GeForce.  Some things work some do not. Simchic necklaces are ok.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 March 30, 23:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds more like a Nvidia issue, or a just plain underpowered graphics card.
[/quote]

I'm on a laptop, so it might be that my graphics card has finally failed to be powerful enough, but why does it show on one lot- the lot with more sims and more stuff- and not the other?

INFP or something
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 March 31, 10:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on a laptop, so it might be that my graphics card has finally failed to be powerful enough, but why does it show on one lot- the lot with more sims and more stuff- and not the other?

Different sized lots?  A large lot with lots of objects sucks more power out of the card.
Don't know, sorry.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 March 31, 11:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen this problem on my sims too, so far with one necklace and a pair of earrings. They turn blue and start hovering as the sim moves around, and changing them in the mirror doesn't seem to help. It's only accessories that I downloaded a while ago that are flashing blue though, newer ones from places like SimChic don't seem to suffer from the same problem.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 March 31, 17:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Different sized lots?  A large lot with lots of objects sucks more power out of the card.
Don't know, sorry.

The lots are the same sized- my legacy fam and my boyfriend's legacy fam- and since mine is several generations ahead of his, mine has way more objects on the lot as well as more sims, as I said... twice now.

INFP or something
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 April 01, 18:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to add...almost ALL my blue accessories were based on XMSims meshes.  So they were removed from my game.

But before I did so, I did install both the recently updated Pets patch and the Seasons patch.  I figured this would not fix anything, especially after reading Pescado's explanation of how patches 'work'.  But, on the outside chance, I tried it anyway.  Nope. Still had blue eyewear based on XMSims meshes.  So they are gone.

So far, I am not experiencing problems with earrings based on Sim Chic mesh or Lianaa's TSR mesh. I have also not had problems with earrings based on Dr. Pixel's mesh downloaded from All About Style.

I have a cat eye glasses from Lianaa at TSR that I have yet to try out in the game - I am hoping that mesh is not going to cause the 'blue' problem, but I'm not holding my breath.

Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 April 01, 20:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i had the problem with flashing accessories but it didn't fix until i reinstalled the entire game.   

now i'd like to figure out why the hell the snow groundcover in seasons causes the flashing blue screen of death.  everything else works fine  until it starts to "snow".

i really don't want to have to reinstall the game again, i think 4 times is plenty. Cry

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: