More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 18:14:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is anyone else having this much problems with flashing blue accessories in pets?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is anyone else having this much problems with flashing blue accessories in pets?  (Read 24055 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Is anyone else having this much problems with flashing blue accessories in pets?
« on: 2007 March 24, 10:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I know other people have been having problems with flashing blue accessories since the install of pets, I've seen enough topics about it, but I haven't heard the outcry I'd expect if everyone was having as much problems as me with them.
The solution is "Just go to the mirror and change appearance and the accessories will return to normal.", but that's not something I'm willing to do every fucking time I enter a lot, and it's not something I can do when I run into non-playables on community lots all covered in blue squares.
Also most people I've talked to seem to only blame Dr. Pixel's necklace mesh, but I'm having problems with all custom accessories and a few of the maxis ones (including the grand vampire's teeth).
I'm very fond of glasses, and other decorations, and I really want them back.  I have been completely unable to use anything of the sort, except for a few very basic maxis eye glasses, ever since I installed pets.  The only reason I installed the pets patch was hoping against hope that it would fix this problem, which of course it didn't; it only caused worse problems.

So my question is: Is it just in my game it's this bad, or do other people just live with it?
And: Does seasonI come with the same problem?  I'm more than willing to uninstall pets when I install seasons just to be able to give my sims horns and elf-ears again.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Is anyone else having this much problems with flashing blue accessories in p
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 24, 10:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't seen this problem in Seasons, although I have seen it once or twice in Pets, generally on lots I haven't loaded before. It probably goes away when you install Seasons. Mostly. That, or it's a purely fat, Gwilly problem.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Is anyone else having this much problems with flashing blue accessories in pets?
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 24, 13:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a pretty big outcry at the time, if you checked different boards.  However, more serious problems soon cropped up, like the mysterious bird death (which TwoJeffs fixed.)  So the flashing accessories weren't discussed as much.

Also, the problem is extremely sporatic.  It ranges from Pescado-like "only saw it once or twice" to people who have everything flashing everywhere, up to vanilla games with vampire teeth flashing!

I have had it in varying degrees.  I have the game in two different user accounts on my computer.  After installing I played my test neighborhood, and it has lots of flashing.  My regular neighborhood, in a different user account, has very little flashing.  Don't know if that's significant, but I thought it was interesting that the first neighborhood was affected more.

I have also seen a werid thing that I never saw anyone else mention.  An accessory in my game can go from flashing to normal without any intervention.  I have a business lot, and one of the regular customers has demon wings.  One visit they will flash, the next visit they will work properly.  Then later they'll be flashing again.

I also can't go the "just change their appearance" route.  I have accessories on dozens of townies, and some townies are wearing four or five accessories.  So if they flash, I just let them flash. 

I know none of that really helps you, but you're not alone.  Lots of people have this problem.  It's not just Dr. Pixel's mesh. 
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: Is anyone else having this much problems with flashing blue accessories in pets?
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 24, 13:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm one of the lucky ones then - I've seen it exactly twice and fixing in the mirror seemed to fix it permanently.  In the process of sorting it out, I did discover a free earring mesh from Peggy Sims wasn't working properly and I deleted that.  It was interfering with the appearance of other meshes in the accessories section.  Also, Dr Pixel did update his mesh though I can't remember where it was posted (I don't think it was Blarneystone Sims at first though it might be there now).  However, if you can't find it, I do have it still I think and could send it to you.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 24, 13:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr. Pixel updated the mesh in a thread in the creator section on MTS2.  I have that update, and it still flashes.
I really like dressing up my townies (proffesors need glasses!), so this is a massive annoyance to me, and I seem to have a bad case of the flashies.

Anyway, my copy of seasons just arrived in the mail (like, two minutes ago).  I'm wondering whether to install it right away, or wait until I have time to do a full re-install and re-create of neigbourhoods.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 24, 16:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem too like mad.  I have been looking for threads on it but couldn't find any.  Still happens in Seaons for me.
vlsullivan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Is anyone else having this much problems with flashing blue accessories in p
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 24, 16:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it still happens. Lucky for me I don't see it often. One weird instance involved a vampire's fangs flashing. Now how do you go about removing a character's teeth? Huh FeeEssen's dental surgery, I suppose.

Looking in the mirror helped. Sometimes just selecting an item (in the case of downloaded lots that had flashing areas) helped. It has become less of an issue now that I have Seasons and Vista and a bunch of new problems Cry
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 24, 18:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, it's still happening like crazy for me too. I've gotten to where I don't use earrings and/or necklaces anymore. I find it too annoying to have to send sims to the mirror every few minutes of gameplay to "change appearance" to make it stop flashing or to have use cheats to select visiting sims to do the same. I used to use the glasses category as a "turn on" quite a bit but not any more because I can't be fussed to mess with this all the time.

The few custom glasses I have seem to work fine but I could be wrong because I don't really use them that often. Also I don't have any problems with facial piercings of any kind. It seems to be just the earrings and necklaces, regardless of whose mesh they are based on. Simchic earings flash blue also so it's not just Dr.Pixel's mesh.

I wish someone could figure out what's causing this and make it STOP! Angry

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 24, 18:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Seasons is now installed, and accessories are flashing just like before.
I'm uninstalling pets this moment to see if that helps.  If not, I'm going to be very fucking pissed.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 24, 18:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really haven't noticed this flashy accessory business. Is this only with custom accessories in Seasons, and does it persist AFTER you correct it with a mirror? Otherwise the flashiness could just be a holdover from ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 24, 19:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Gwill, there's a note in the list for the new Pets patch that mentions ... hang on:

Extra erroneous panes in the "Glasses" category have been removed.

Do you think that has anything to do with your problem?

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpatch.php?appVersion=1.6&variation=cd&languageCode=

Inteen for AL, yay!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 24, 20:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't a lot of earrings and necklaces made from glasses? That might be it. Personally I couldn't be bothered dressing sims to that extent, I'm not usually zoomed in that close to see tiny decorations.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 24, 20:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really haven't noticed this flashy accessory business. Is this only with custom accessories in Seasons, and does it persist AFTER you correct it with a mirror? Otherwise the flashiness could just be a holdover from ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone.

It happened with at least one pair of custom glasses, added to the sim after seasons.  It does correct when using a mirror, but flashiness comes back randomly after a while; typically when changing clothes (or otherwise taking glasses on/off).  Except for the vampire teeth I haven't had much problems with maxis stuff, and it's inconsistant so it takes forever to test.  I'll try summoning a cobble of vampires later and see how they are doing.
So far I haven't had any flashing since I uninstalled pets (except for the glasses one sim was wearing at the time of the uninstall), but I'm still testing.

Hey Gwill, there's a note in the list for the new Pets patch that mentions ... hang on:

Extra erroneous panes in the "Glasses" category have been removed.

Do you think that has anything to do with your problem?

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpatch.php?appVersion=1.6&variation=cd&languageCode=

That was in the first pets patch, and it did nothing to help.

Aren't a lot of earrings and necklaces made from glasses? That might be it. Personally I couldn't be bothered dressing sims to that extent, I'm not usually zoomed in that close to see tiny decorations.

All of them are in some way.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 24, 20:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A 'cobble' of vampires? Cool!

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 24, 20:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This started happening for me after I installed Pets and has continued through installing Seasons. I haven't installed either patch for Pets yet. The flashing blue accessories happens upon first entering a lot, after my sims return home from work, after showering or when visiting a community lot. When they invite other sims over, the visiting sims have flashing blue accessories.

I don't have any vampires so I've never seen the flashing teeth thing.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 24, 21:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw this when it happened the first time I installed, but after removing and then replacing the accessories, it was banished and hasn't been seen since.

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 24, 21:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...interesting. That didn't work for me. My downloads file on my home computer got deleted due to my stupidity when I installed Seasons, so I had to start all over from scratch. I have downloaded only a couple of necklaces that use a mesh from Simchic but didn't bother tracking down any other accessories due to the flashiness issue.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 24, 21:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to say I'm now officially fucking pissed.

To maximize the effectiveness of testing, I opened a business and gave makeovers to anyone who came by, covering them with as many different accessories as possible.  They all walk away looking perfect (or as perfect as you can get with horns, elf ears and two sets of glasses), and come back later in various degrees of this:

She's got blue flashies on two out of four accessories.  For the record, that's necklace by Dr. Pixel (not flashing), earrings by rose (flashing), Glasses by XMsims (flashing) and elf ears by louis (not flashing).

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 24, 22:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just as an off-the-wall query - it's nothing to do with CEP is is?

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 24, 22:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I had the latest version of CEP but I just MTS2 and see a new one was released on Friday; I will give that a shot.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 24, 23:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CEP only deals with objects, not body shop items of any kind.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 24, 23:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims can't wear glasses anymore.  Ever time I start the game back up, the glasses that were working fine when I quit the game are flashing blue again.

I just installed the new part 3 or 6 or whatever pets patch is out now, I hope that helps.

But I installed the patch and did not take out my download folder or any thing else so when I start the game up again,  the whole blasted thing might explode.    Grin
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Some more screenshots to show how bad it is in my game...
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 24, 23:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I give a sim accessories, they show up fine; then usually the next time I enter the lot, they go breaky.  Sometimes it also happens when someone just changes clothes.

Glasses by XMsims, necklace by Dr. Pixel:

Both flashing.

Mama flashies in the foreground, daughter flashies in the background.

Daddy with flashing chain necklace and flashing horns.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but there are also some "sparklies" by HP, not flashing.  In fact those are the only accessory I have yet to see flash.

Vampire, notice blue teeth in the back of the head?

In fact; two vampires at the lot, at the same time; one flashing one not flashing.

Let's see how many accessories we can pile onto a sim at a time!  (Had to do a quick raid of the booty, I don't have all that many accessories in my downloads.)

Ears, horns, glasses, and necklace all flashing, some stuff by rose not flashing:

Got something like three pairs of earrings and two necklaces on her, in addition to the glasses, horns and ears and that weird hair thing.

Ears seem to be the only things flashing...  Neither of his monocles, his glasses nor his charming anthlers are affected at the moment.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 25, 00:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem with one of Peggy's accessories, but I thought it was a problem with the object, since I rarely use accessories outside of glasses.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 25, 01:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... after Pets all accessories were flashing, but one necklace. Changing appereance in the mirror solved the issue, in all cases. I haven't put attention on vampires, though. My version is Mac, i.e. not patched.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: