More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 17:56:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  New Pets Patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Pets Patch  (Read 27116 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: New Pets Patch
« Reply #50 on: 2007 March 30, 21:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty much.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 March 30, 21:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But hopefully the fixes ARE in the Seasons patch, which is now out.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 March 30, 21:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They obviously aren't...considering the statement made by maxoid on the official BBS and quoted here.

this all just makes my head spin.

maybe I should just stop playing and go back to selling on eBay...gee...which one is more aggravating?

Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 March 30, 22:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was really starting to think maybe J.M was just yanking my chain because I assumed seasons read the pets object.package when it needed to do stuff from pets.  After finally finding a message on the offical bbs... it explained that a new ep grabs code from the objects.package of the previous ep and merges it with the new objects.package.  I didn't realize it worked this way.  So apologies to J.M for ever doubting your wisdom LOL.

As for the new seasons patch... It lists 3 fixes, but the file is 45 meg in size. I would assume it contains the latest pet fixes. I can't see needing 45 meg for 3 fixes.  But considering how wrong I was in my understanding of how the game worked, I could very well be wrong LOL.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 March 30, 22:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was really starting to think maybe J.M was just yanking my chain because I assumed seasons read the pets object.package when it needed to do stuff from pets.  After finally finding a message on the offical bbs... it explained that a new ep grabs code from the objects.package of the previous ep and merges it with the new objects.package.  I didn't realize it worked this way.  So apologies to J.M for ever doubting your wisdom LOL.
This is false and wishful thinking. Objects.package does not work that way. Textures, meshes, and animations are grabbed from previous expansions, but objects and executable codes are most assuredly not.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 March 30, 22:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is false and wishful thinking. Objects.package does not work that way. Textures, meshes, and animations are grabbed from previous expansions, but objects and executable codes are most assuredly not.

Well I didn't quote the message exactly, but from what I understood of the explaination,  the objects.packge that is in the seasons folder contains all the objects.package info for seasons and any previous ep's installed. Or is this wrong as well?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 March 30, 22:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I didn't quote the message exactly, but from what I understood of the explaination,  the objects.packge that is in the seasons folder contains all the objects.package info for seasons and any previous ep's installed. Or is this wrong as well?
This is correct. However, modifications to the objects.package of a PREVIOUS expansion thus have no effect whatsoever on a new expansion.

Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 March 30, 22:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is correct. However, modifications to the objects.package of a PREVIOUS expansion thus have no effect whatsoever on a new expansion.

Which means I wasn't entirely correct with my earlier reply.  uninstalling seasons, installing pets patch, then reinstalling seasons does in fact patch the game pretty much completely.  I now understand how all this works. Thank you for putting up with all my questions trying to figure this out Smiley
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 March 31, 00:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, apparently the aquarium/maid being fixed was actually a glitch. It only happened twice. Now they are stuck again. Grrr.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 March 31, 02:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, apparently the aquarium/maid being fixed was actually a glitch. It only happened twice. Now they are stuck again. Grrr.
Told you it was just placebo effect.

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 March 31, 03:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you did. They still didn't get stuck the first two times  Angry You infiltrated my game...didn't you. You Fat Stealthy Obstreperous Ninja Jerk Tongue
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 March 31, 18:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience (for those who care):

I have both Pets and Seasons.  I backed up my folder before trying anything.

I installed the new Pets patch.  It told me that I may end up having to uninstall and reinstall the more recent expansion (Seasons) in order for the patch to work.

I then tried to install the Seasons patch, but it told me I must uninstall and reinstall Seasons first.

I decided to first try playing a house with the fish tank (Goths) to see if the Pets patch fixed something obvious - the OCD maid-fishtank problem.  Maid was still OCD regarding fishtank.

Next I uninstalled and reinstalled Seasons, installed the Seasons patch, and reinserted my backed-up folder.  Went back to the Goth house and played for 4 Sim-days -- the OCD maid-fishtank problem did not reappear during those 4 days.

Whether that means the patch(es) worked or it's an anomaly is anyone's guess.  The maid-fishtank problem was the only problem I was really aware of in my game.  I suppose time will tell.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2007 March 31, 19:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, it told me to reinstall seasons too.  I'll be doing it later today. *sigh*

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: