More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:05:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  New Pets Patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Pets Patch  (Read 27127 times)
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
New Pets Patch
« on: 2007 March 23, 19:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see there is a new patch out today. Anyone want to be the guinea pig? I am posting this in the Oops! You Broke It! forum as the prior patch did just that.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: New Pets Patch
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 23, 19:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if I trust it. They made a number of errors just in their list of fixes. Wonder if they really fixed the fishtank...
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 23, 19:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed the new patch. A few days ago, I broke down and installed the first (borked) patch, after deciding that the new bugs were still preferable to the old ones, but I hadn't played yet. How fortuitous it is that I decided to check MATY 'one last time' today before firing up my game - otherwise I'd not have known about the new patch, and would've gone postal at the sight of a blonde Lucy Hanby. My sims thank you. Tongue

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 23, 21:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the patch that patched the patch, but will sit on it for a while since my game has been running just fine since I dumped the Pets patch that broke it.

I doubt it will fix poor Cassie's deranged cheekbones.
torawashi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 23, 22:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. Would installing this bork my game if I have Seasons?
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Pets Patch Part 2
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 24, 01:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get it here

Someone else go first.  I'm not screwing my game again.
 Cheesy

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 24, 01:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I backed up my game, installed it on top of Seasons, and am playing a lot right now. No resetting, and no problems so far. Will edit shortly to update. This will happen more than once.

Edit 1: The maid getting stuck on the fishtank still happens. The only difference is that they don't make a puddle and stop to mop it up. Not sure if that is post-Seasons stuff (henceforth known as PS)

Packaging lots DOES include recolors and cc objects now.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 24, 02:03:10 by Nec » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 24, 03:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Pets patch would have little to no effect on Seasons game, as Seasons does not use Pets object code or executables.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 24, 06:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch seems to work fine (no Seasons installed).
All the fixes are in this time, and no hair oddity or ugly toddlers.

The maid actually cleans the tank once!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 24, 14:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Pets patch would have little to no effect on Seasons game, as Seasons does not use Pets object code or executables.

In fact, a dialog to that effect pops up now.  I installed the patch on my test system just to see, and the dialog box said something to the effect that 'You have a newer expansion, and probably need a patch for that.  Install this one anyway?"

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 24, 17:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The date [3/12/2007] of the patched pets object package (try saying that 3x fast Tongue) supercedes that [1/25/2007] of the seasons object package.  So... if patched object packages of previous EPs have no effect on your game, this won't help you if you have seasons.  However... you can patch, and extract and repackage the new/changed/patched BHAVs into separate (or one big) file and stick it in your Downloads.  This should effectively solve at least some of the problems.  Any changes made to the executable won't translate over.  So, we'll have to wait until an actual patch for seasons comes out.

Ste

abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 24, 17:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I donīt really understand the way patching works. If patching an older expansion pack has no effect, how can these bugs be fixed in my game?

When a seasons patch comes out, will these fixes be included? Some are really pets related, like the birds and womrats fixes. How can these be included in seasons patch? I mean people can have seasons and not have pets. I donīt really understand how the code for birds and womrats can be included in seasons?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 24, 17:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When a seasons patch comes out, will these fixes be included? Some are really pets related, like the birds and womrats fixes. How can these be included in seasons patch? I mean people can have seasons and not have pets. I donīt really understand how the code for birds and womrats can be included in seasons?
The code is there, but selectively disabled when the game detects you lack ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone. As for whether the Pets patch fixes will be included? Who knows? My guess would be "No", because that would be the competent move.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 24, 18:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the patch has been officially posted, there probably will be one for people with Seasons too. That's the way they handled the Uni patch when they finally got around to it.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
MaxisManiac
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 24, 18:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the Seasons patch is coming out this weekend.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 24, 22:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if I would have to start a clean game with all EPs and boosterpacks installed, I'd need to wait for a Seasons patch and then install all the previous patches up to Seasons for them to have any effect on my game?

Undecided

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 24, 23:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonder if they really fixed the fishtank...

Nec, don 't be ridiculous. That's just an EA running joke. "Oh, and we fixed the fishtank. Roffle!"

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 25, 03:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonder if they really fixed the fishtank...

Nec, don 't be ridiculous. That's just an EA running joke. "Oh, and we fixed the fishtank. Roffle!"

That gave me a giggle and I bet you're right.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 25, 03:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly, it may soon become a MATY joke, too, as Macro...Clean with a fishtank in the house gets your sim stuck in the same constant loop.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 25, 05:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly, it may soon become a MATY joke, too, as Macro...Clean with a fishtank in the house gets your sim stuck in the same constant loop.

Nah, we're ok.  We have TJ's fix for it.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 26, 05:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fishtank does work now if you uninstall Seasons (I uninstalled Pets, too) Then patch Pets, then install Seasons. I usually do this on another Windows account so my main game doesn't get touched, and none of that moving folders stuff happens. They did fix the NPC hair/thumbnails, too.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 26, 08:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only installed the new pet patch on top of my game (all eps and sps) (and took out twojeffs fix to see how it goes) and the maid seems to be fixed : she cleaned the tank 3 times but not in a row, and she didn't get stuck doing it. It's good for me.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 26, 08:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fish tank cleaning by maid, user-directed Sim, and macro-clean Sim now works in both Pets and Seasons in my game. Both installs are every EP, and all EPs are fully patched. Twojeffs' fix removed.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 26, 18:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The code is there, but selectively disabled when the game detects you lack ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone. As for whether the Pets patch fixes will be included? Who knows? My guess would be "No", because that would be the competent move.

Wait, then, does that mean that if, when sims 3 comes out, you bought sims 2 base game (dirt cheap) and The Last Expansion (tm), and were Awesome, you could fool the game into unlocking ALL the EPs? What would you be missing, objects?

INFP or something
prattle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 26, 21:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, then, does that mean that if, when sims 3 comes out, you bought sims 2 base game (dirt cheap) and The Last Expansion (tm), and were Awesome, you could fool the game into unlocking ALL the EPs? What would you be missing, objects?
Probably, you'd be missing some of the Maxis graphics and animations, but not anything incredibly gamebreaking if you had custom content to compensate. When I was playing Sims 1 back in the day there were quite a few cloned custom objects that would work if you didn't have the right expansion pack, but would cause your sims to give you "missing animation!" thought bubbles while using them. Then again, a lot of cloned objects without the right expansion pack would disappear in live mode, show up but be completely non-functional, or just crash your game. :p
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: