More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 11:40:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  New Pets Patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Pets Patch  (Read 27223 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: New Pets Patch
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 26, 22:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, then, does that mean that if, when sims 3 comes out,

Lies and propaganda.  Watch out or you'll get this moved to Retardo Land.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 27, 02:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so should I...

Wait for the Seasons version of this patch (lies and propaganda says coming soon) or

uninstall Seasons, patch, reinstall Seasons or

just install the newest patch over top of what I have now?

I'd rather not uninstall but would like some of the fixes since they seem to be fixing stuff...

Unsouper
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 27, 03:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering the same thing.  At least I'm in good, green, witchy company. Cheesy

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 27, 04:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided just to install over it. Despite Pescado's saying it would do no good, it did definitely FINALLY fix the maid/fishtank thing. (WOOHOO!) Some sheep was saying that it didn't fix everything, though, ones who have Seasons and didn't know that installing it over Seasons wouldn't do any good. My theory is that bugs that are strictly object based, like the fishtank, will be fixed because the patch alters the relevant objects.package file, while it won't fix things that require altering the exe.

It doesn't hurt anything to install it, so you may as enjoy the fishtanks fix while waiting for the Seasons patch. Especially since the idiot Liar had said it would be out over the weekend, and that was obviously boldfaced Lies and Propaganda. Uninstalling is too much trouble.  Roll Eyes

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
FlyOnTheWall
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 27, 05:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there really going to be a Seasons version of the patch? I can't find anything "official" about it anywhere. Why didn't they tell those of us with Seasons whether to download this patch or not?
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 27, 07:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly, very oddly, when I put in the pets patch even having seasons installed it fixed a seasons problem.
Werewolf, Vampire, and normal Sim skin types are now updating correctly at proper times. was fixed...
Plant sim face textures did not change when the plant in question turned into a vampire. Of course, a vampire plant is silly, but it was still an annoying bug...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 27, 07:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided just to install over it. Despite Pescado's saying it would do no good, it did definitely FINALLY fix the maid/fishtank thing. (WOOHOO!) Some sheep was saying that it didn't fix everything, though, ones who have Seasons and didn't know that installing it over Seasons wouldn't do any good. My theory is that bugs that are strictly object based, like the fishtank, will be fixed because the patch alters the relevant objects.package file, while it won't fix things that require altering the exe.
Objects.package will not be fixed because Seasons ignores the Pets objects.package completely. Anything requiring executables or objects.package will not be affected by this, which means pretty much everything. If you think it fixed anything, it's probably purely due to placebo effect.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 27, 07:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Objects.package will not be fixed because Seasons ignores the Pets objects.package completely. Anything requiring executables or objects.package will not be affected by this, which means pretty much everything. If you think it fixed anything, it's probably purely due to placebo effect.

Now, if you're saying the placebo effect when I made a plantsim vampire before I installed the patch, then when I installed the patch the vampire skintone appeared correctly on the plant was a placebo effect? I may not be the expert on the game, but extensive testing with a custom plant skintone (and the regular plant skintone too...) with vampire skintones (maxis and a default replacement) on a plantsim showed the same results, and then putting in the patch and doing the same tests, but not as extensive, came up with the results of the patch working was a placebo effect?

Odd...
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 27, 07:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well MaxoidSam did say I imagined that cheat into the game, so I must have used those same powers to imagine the maid cleaning the fishtank once and then moving on to clean everything else instead of obsessing over it.  With those sorts of powers, though, you'd think I'd do something more useful or interesting with them.  Wink After all, TJ already had the fishtank thing under control. Silly me.  Cheesy

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 27, 11:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Liss, good to find you in my company Wink So I'm gonna install overtop on the theory that it can't hurt and even a placebo effect provides temporary relief. Gimme them sugar pills.

Unsouper
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 27, 12:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed over Seasons first and noticed a couple of differences. Thought it was working ok. Then, after uninstalling, patching, and reinstalling, I realized that really did fix things. Only things I noticed was that the maid kept cleaning the tank, only without making a puddle. Recolors were packaged with lots, but the Sims2Pack installer is separate.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 27, 17:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Liss, good to find you in my company Wink So I'm gonna install overtop on the theory that it can't hurt and even a placebo effect provides temporary relief. Gimme them sugar pills.

mmmmmmmmm sugar. *drool* *tweak*

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 27, 21:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to make sure I understand what I've read... Installing the newest pets patch with seasons installed is NOT going to apply all the fixes it mentiones for pets? I need to uninstall seasons, install new pets patch, then reinstall seasons to have the patch work 100%?
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 27, 21:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to make sure I understand what I've read... Installing the newest pets patch with seasons installed is NOT going to apply all the fixes it mentiones for pets? I need to uninstall seasons, install new pets patch, then reinstall seasons to have the patch work 100%?

I tried both ways, as I said, and I would say yes.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 March 27, 21:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or wait for the Seasons version.  Smiley

- Kurt Vonnegut
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 March 27, 21:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or wait for the Seasons version.  Smiley

Meh, I think I'll wait.  XD

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 March 27, 21:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fish tank cleaning by maid, user-directed Sim, and macro-clean Sim now works in both Pets and Seasons in my game. Both installs are every EP, and all EPs are fully patched. Twojeffs' fix removed.

Murphy's law for my game. I never had the problem of the maid or macro-cleaning sims get stuck on the fishtank until after installing Pets p2. I haven't tested the maid but I do have macro-cleaning sims get stuck now.

TwoJeff's fix installed now.  Angry
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 March 27, 23:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These stupid patches are making my head spin.
I guess I'll just install all of them and pray my game don't esplode into a BFVBFS.
Ever since my last reinstall which would be somewhere in the fall of 2006, I've been playing the game unpatched. So far no glitches or bugs, other than the werewolf still looking like a werewolf when shapeshifted back to human. I haven't had any fishtanks for a long, long while so I wouldn't know about that.

Of course I'd have to add that I barely play the game anymore in the first place. Tho may I slip in here that lately I've been getting "the blue screen of death" sometimes when I play TS2 for a long time. It started happening right before I got seasons and after installing some "awesome hacks" I got here. If it happens again (which I hope not) I'll make sure to note down the error message and such.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 March 29, 19:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to make sure I know what to do - Since I don't have Seasons, I should install all the Pets patches and I won't get into trouble?  I never installed patch 1 because of the bad press it got here.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 March 29, 20:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to make sure I know what to do - Since I don't have Seasons, I should install all the Pets patches and I won't get into trouble?  I never installed patch 1 because of the bad press it got here.

The replaced Patch 1 with the new one, so there's only one to install.

- Kurt Vonnegut
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 March 30, 20:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New Sticky at the tech forum of official bbs...

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=5602c28013eeb8045905e21cb2b86ece&directoryID=21&startRow=1&openItemID=item.21,root.1,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

Author:  MaxoidGoonter - Rank: Stammering Sim - View MySimPage Profile 
Date:  Mar-30-07 12:10 PM PDT (updated Mar-30-07 12:42 PM PDT)
Subject:  Patching your game - The definitive answer 

You only need to apply the most recent patch for the most recent EP you have installed.
This is because the installation of your most recent EP includes all previous bug fixes, so there is no need to apply previous patches.

EXCEPTION: If you have Pets and Seasons, please apply both patches - some of the Pets fixes were not included with Seasons. Thanks!

FlyOnTheWall
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 March 30, 21:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I thought the Pets patch wouldn't do anything if Seasons was installed.  Huh
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 March 30, 21:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It won't, as far as objects.package fixes are concerned. It MAY potentially do something about borked texture or mesh cases, as those files are still used, but will do nothing to address EXE or object fixes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2007 March 30, 21:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I thought the Pets patch wouldn't do anything if Seasons was installed.  Huh

Anecdotal evidence suggests otherwise...
* AmberDiceless broke down and uninstalled Seasons, patched Pets, and reinstalled Seasons after all, just in case.

ETA: Any chance some awesome personage will be identifying the Pets fixes not included with Seasons and making them available to the Seasons-enabled Peasantry?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 March 30, 21:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The more I read this thread the more confused I get LOL. 

If I understand correctly what J.M is saying...   Even if I uninstall Seasons, install the pets patch, then reinstall seasons... any fixes having to do with the pets object.package and/or pets.exe won't be working with seasons installed?

That makes it sound like it's completely useless installing any Ep patches, because the newest Ep installed is going to ignore the fixes anyways.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: