More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:43:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Alien and Zombie fitness textures enabled *Update: 3/23/2007*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Alien and Zombie fitness textures enabled *Update: 3/23/2007*  (Read 39783 times)
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
Alien and Zombie fitness textures enabled *Update: 3/23/2007*
« on: 2007 March 23, 08:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a simple package to enable the missing fitness textures for the Alien and Zombie skintones, it also fixes the fat texture being used instead of the fit texture for adult male bottoms. Sims may have to change fit state or change their appearance using a mirror for the textures to update; I have not tested this, I just know it exports all the textures in BodyShop now.

Uses the textures from the game files, so it will work just fine with any skin replacements but they will have to update the fit and fat textures.

UPDATE 3/23/2007
I stand corrected, it is possible to not use a second XSTN, I just needed the Bin to link it to the default set. If you have the previous version you don't have to replace it unless you don't like the custom skin tone icon in CAS; they both work the same. Argon Fit fixes v2.rar is the new one.

Changelog:
-got rid of compression because it was crashing the game
-Fixed two skin tone icons in CAS debug, no longer shows as custom

* Argon Fit fixes.rar (3.72 KB - downloaded 1674 times.)
* Argon Fit fixes v2.rar (3.86 KB - downloaded 6556 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 March 23, 19:19:44 by Argon » Logged

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
Re: Alien and Zombie fitness textures enabled *Update: fix crash*
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 23, 14:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nice.  I'll test this out for you and let you know how it goes.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 23, 17:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

with your fix the alien and zombie skintone show up twice in CAS, one with the custom content asterisk and another without.... Not a big problem, but I thought you woud like to know.
could you take a look at the problem I have for a long time with male sim S2 when they are fit ? here some screenshots to illustrate :

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 23, 17:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's how it's supposed to be, I had to use another Skin Tone XML to link it with the base game (they're exactly the same, just a different group id). It's not a problem, it's by design for now since there isn't anyway around it unless someone can tell me exactly how Maxis assigns ids to Property Sets in the skins.package file.

That looks exactly like the other problem I fixed in this package, the fat texture is being used on the bottom for fit sims. Did you try changing fit states with this in the downloads folder?

EDIT: It's worth noting that all custom skins to this point are borked because of this problem with the base skin tones; if anyone noticed the ambottomnaked_nudecut_sx property set is never exported into the custom skintone package without this fix in place it's because ambottomnaked_nudesoft_sx has a fitness value of 1 where it should be 2.

Also, thanks to my alien twins and SimPE, I found out that you need to change fitness states for the textures to show up. So if you have a Sim who is a fit alien, you need to make him change to normal or fat and then back to fit for the new texture, aliens who are normal fitness just have to change to fit to see the new texture. The change appearance will just clear out any unused property sets from the Sim's character file. Any fit adult males should change fitness state too to fix the "fat bottom" problem.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 23, 18:04:31 by Argon » Logged

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 23, 18:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: It's worth noting that all custom skins to this point are borked because of this problem with the base skin tones; if anyone noticed the ambottomnaked_nudecut_sx property set is never exported into the custom skintone package without this fix in place it's because ambottomnaked_nudesoft_sx has a fitness value of 1 where it should be 2.

Is this an issue with fit sims only?  And is it both males and females?

Or only male fit sims are borked?

And... if I have like custom nude skin tones from a long ass time ago (I think I'm using old ones from even since the basegame) is there a way for me to fix this?

Or... much easier, anyone have some current default replacement nude skintones (for males and females) that they could recommend?

Ste

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 23, 18:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@pioupiou
That's how it's supposed to be, I had to use another Skin Tone XML to link it with the base game (they're exactly the same, just a different group id). It's not a problem, it's by design for now since there isn't anyway around it unless someone can tell me exactly how Maxis assigns ids to Property Sets in the skins.package file.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but can't you use the same group and instance numbers as the ones in the skins.package?

When I made an alien skin 'unhider', I just extracted the original XSTN, made the changes to the flags, and saved it into a new package. And it didn't appear with the custom content marker.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 23, 18:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Ste
Only fit male young adult and adults, and yes the custom skins can be fixed an it wouldn't take that long to do (clone CASIE_ambottomnaked_nudesoft_sx and it's respective 3IDR, change the fitness value on one CASIE_ambottomnaked_nudesoft_sx from 1 to 2 and modify the other's 3IDR to point to the fit material definition; you might have to change the resource node and shape too, I'll have to double check) I'm just too lazy to do it and I don't use customs skins anyway.

Alternatively, you could export the textures from the custom skin and create a new skin with those textures. Any default replacements don't need any changes.

@Theo
I had to add property sets, I couldn't overwrite the ones in the skins.package or they would no longer show up in the game. I could use the same group id, but then I'd have to know how Maxis assigns Instance ids so I could avoid overwriting something else, if you want to change it go ahead, but that's where I ran into problems. I had the skin unhidden while I was working on it, it's not just the flag value. The reason your alien unhider didn't show up as custom content was because the bin which points to the XSTN was not in your package, the file where the XSTN is referenced determines if it shows up as custom or not.

Edit: typos and better explaination
« Last Edit: 2007 March 23, 18:22:18 by Argon » Logged

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Alien and Zombie fitness textures enabled *Update: 3/23/2007*
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 24, 12:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I didn't understand your fix was already doing what I was asking (so I did not even think of trying in game..... Embarrassed). I thought it was another problem with alien or zombie skintone. Blame it on english not being my first language...
Thanks a lot
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 16, 12:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey thanks for this. I noticed the problem with fit state males a few months ago. I contacted EA about it but they said there wasn't a problem!
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 03, 14:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed the issue with the alien fit skintone and the S2 fit skin for a long time, although in my game the tops are wrong but the bottoms are ok.  I also reported the skin issue to Maxis.  I've found that using a custom skin for the aliens fixed that problem.  For S2 skins, I exported in BS, imported back to the game unchanged as a custom skin, and changed existing sim's DNA with SimPE as a work around. That's tedious though.  I'll try your hack.  Hopefully it will fix the S2 issue.  I use a custom PT with a custom alien skin, so don't have that issue in my game and I rarely have zombies.  Never noticed there was as issue with them.

Just coincidence but it works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: