More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 04:30:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Household residents won't approach the Cowplant
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Household residents won't approach the Cowplant  (Read 10151 times)
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Household residents won't approach the Cowplant
« on: 2007 March 22, 20:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here's the deal: last night I was testing a new potential challenge of mine whereas I entered 8 characters from Pleasantview and would gradually remove all of their amenities until only one Sim remained alive (not allowing myself to direct their actions; they were on Free Will). The little buggers are stubborn, though, as by the sixth day they were all pretty much in the green, so I introduced a Cowplant into the household to see what would happen when I slowly removed their food sources. By the ninth day, only a townie (Ivy Copur) that had come home with one of the residents had been eaten. I had him milked and waited some more, but alas none of the residents would approach it, even if they were starving and couldn't get to the fridge to eat. I eventually had to install a pool with no ladder in order to kill any of them.

Has this always been so (the household not autonomously going for the cake)? If so, does anyone know of a hack that could enable them to go for the cake on their own without direction?

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Household residents won't approach the Cowplant
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 22, 21:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the darwincowplant hack installed? Your sims may be too smart to be eaten.

Fail.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 22, 21:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely not. I've never even heard of it.

"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 22, 21:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Residents are too clever to be eaten by their own cowplant; it has to be someone else's for them to autonomously grab for the cake hence a visitor being eaten.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 22, 21:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I was going to say playable, controllable sims cannot be eaten by the cowplant. Visiting playables can be, however. I have lost quite a few that way before the Darwin Cowplant hack was installed. I still get the occasional dumbass playable sim that grabs the cake though Grin

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 22, 23:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Household sims can only be manually directed to take the cake (and get devoured) by the Cowplant, otherwise it's visitors only I'm afraid.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 23, 00:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does removing amenities mean you removed fire sources? Fire being, in my experience, the easiest way to kill a sim.

Unsouper
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 23, 02:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I removed the stoves, but I left them for last (hoping someone would set themselves on fire, but of course no one did, despite there being three fires in total that just destroyed shit). I guess fire, starvation and drowning are the only ways to have Sims autonomously kill themselves then, eh? Pooh. That's no fun at all. Heck, even if I could find a way to get them to try to repair an appliance on their own, that would be nice. Oh well.

Heh, the general idea of my challenge was to create a household and divide it in two so that only males could enter one side and females the other and see which side would do better/worse. Unfortunately, all the Maxis Sim males I chose to set up there turned out to be not very neat.

It was quite funny to see them all jump into the pool, one by one, despite the fact that that they could clearly see that the ones that went before them were complaining about having no ladder to get out of the pool with.  Grin Sandy Bruty was hte eventual winner, but she missed a drowning death by mere seconds after Mortimer Goth finally succumbed to the pressure.

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 23, 04:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running With Scissors Playset!  They can do that autonomously and there's a chance of dropping dead too.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 23, 06:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't Maxis update that so that the chance of death is greatly reduced?

Spoilsports.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 23, 06:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim do sometimes autonomously try and repair things on their own...I haven't had it happen very often very often though.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 23, 08:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A very small kitchen in a crowded household is a great way to kill sims by fire.  Once the fire starts, everyone rushes into the kitchen to stand there panicking, thus blocking the exits for anyone sensible enough to try to get out of there.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 23, 13:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't Maxis update that so that the chance of death is greatly reduced?

Spoilsports.

Yes I think they did, I'm not sure if mine is the older version or not.  I seem to recall that someone posted the older version somewhere on the web.  I haven't even used them in ages, I really should because it's quite comical watching them run like lunatics, they remind me of me Cheesy
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 23, 15:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims will try to repair computers. I just had one fry himself today, and I know I didn't direct him to do anything with the computer, let alone try to repair it.

Fail.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 23, 17:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Occasionally, I've had Sims with high mechanical skill autonomously repair the computer, but nothing else. Today there was a Servo doing a walkby. The house was a mess and the parents were busy with several babies, so I invited him in hoping "do chores" would kick in and I would get a free house cleaning. To my surprise he fixed their computer too.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 23, 22:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to recall that someone posted the older version somewhere on the web.  I haven't even used them in ages, I really should because it's quite comical watching them run like lunatics, they remind me of me Cheesy
Ah, I forgot all about that. I'll try looking up the older version; thanks for the tip. Smiley Mortimer Goth, Don Lothario and Benjamin Long all got sick during their sojourn, but alas, none of them became deathly ill. >=(

I think I'll still keep the cowplant around for the next round of Pleasantview character deaths. since there's a chance that another townie that follows someone home from work could get eaten and wind up scaring someone to death.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 25, 23:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if thats the same Denimjo that posted a wcif on sims2community i sent him the more dangerous scissors( at least i should think so as the file was from july2006)  so anyone else interested PM me.

on a side note there is a more dangerous cow plant on mts2

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 26, 08:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, thank you for sending them to me. I quite appreciate it (by the way, I'm actually a she, but don't tell).

*runs off to find the more dangerous cowplant*

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 26, 19:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would ask for the scissors, but I found out that the new smite option on the lot debugger is tremendous fun. May have made seasons worth it.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: