More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:11:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Hair today, gone tomorrow
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hair today, gone tomorrow  (Read 3355 times)
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Hair today, gone tomorrow
« on: 2007 March 21, 14:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey all,

A bit ago I went on a download cleaning spree and chucked out loads of unwanted cc. A side effect of that is that some sims in bodyshop who were sporting a hairstyle that got deleted, now have a huge chunk out of their skulls where the hair used to be.

They work fine in CAS (I can just select another hair, though they show up with random hairstyles at first), but in Bodyshop I cannot change their hair anymore. Only the black-brown-blonde-red-custom options show up in the screen, but I'm not able to select a different hairstyle.

Is there anything that can be done about this? I've tried packaging them and reinstalling, but that didn't work, they still show up with half their skulls missing and I'm unable to change their hair.

Thanks in advance.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Hair today, gone tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 21, 14:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure, but I had something like that happen in my game; see this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=5764.0
The cause for that glitch remains unknown Tongue
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 21, 15:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just because the game thinks the hair is still there but can't find the file or something, I suppose.

That still doesn't tell me how to solve it though  Undecided I really don't feel like redownloading all those hairs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 21, 16:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bodyshop sims will be unfixable if any of their genetic components are missing. Once in-game, they can be fixed in CAS or at a mirror.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 21, 21:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ack, dammit. Okay, thanks for the info Smiley

abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 21, 23:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this happen a lot, too. Iīve not used any of those sims, because I was worried, that even I could fix their appearances in CAS, their genetics might still be borked. Mainly because when I select new hair in CAS, the maxis eyebrows wonīt show up automatically.

Does anyone know, if fixing them in CAS will also fix their genetics?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 22, 05:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mismatch between hair and eyebrows should be related to hair not binned, i.e. custom. What you do in CAS will became genetic, yes; that's why I would suggest to create the sim in CAS with genetic hair only and change them to custom (if you want them) only when in game, with a mirror, otherwise that custom hair will be genetically transmitted and will make a genetic mess in offspring.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 22, 06:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this happen a lot, too. Iīve not used any of those sims, because I was worried, that even I could fix their appearances in CAS, their genetics might still be borked. Mainly because when I select new hair in CAS, the maxis eyebrows wonīt show up automatically.

Does anyone know, if fixing them in CAS will also fix their genetics?

Yes, CAS will fix the genetics.

The sims will be perfectly normal, so go ahead and use them.

Fail.
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 22, 11:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! That is really good to know. Iīm glad I didnīt delete them. I really like the way the genetics work in the game and didnīt want to use messed up sims anymore.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: