More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 13:31:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Fishing in owned community lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fishing in owned community lots  (Read 4791 times)
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Fishing in owned community lots
« on: 2007 March 20, 11:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Repost in a shiny new topic Smiley

My problem is that sims don't keep the fish/boots they catch while visiting owned community lots, despite being able to earn the fishing skill badges. On normal community lots this doesn't happen.

I haven't tried it yet, but I think this would also apply to harvestable produce. Has anyone had this problem too?

They don't? I thought they DIDN'T gain fishing skill, which was fixed in the recent comm-skilling update, but I saw no code pertaining to the non-keeping of fishes. Did you leave your neighborhood file open in SimPE, thus preventing the inventory from being written?

I have the comm-skilling installed - which would explain the skill building - and no exotic hacks that I can think of.

The lot was an owned community lot, where I brought and adult (not the owner) and two kid sims. When one of them caught the first boot, I checked its inventory and it was empty. At that time I was hoping their inventory would be "fixed" when returning home.

I waited long enough for the bronze badge, at which time all three had caught enough fish for a whole week, or so I thought. When they returned home, I re-checked the inventory and it was still empty. Sad

And I never run SimPe or other heavy program while playing the sims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Fishing in owned community lots
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 20, 11:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Repost in a shiny new topic Smiley

My problem is that sims don't keep the fish/boots they catch while visiting owned community lots, despite being able to earn the fishing skill badges. On normal community lots this doesn't happen.
This affects only OWNED community lots? Interesting. I'll look into this, and possibly enable a hook for slave-based fishing industry.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 20, 11:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't fish/produce go to the owner's inventory on owned lots? I thought that was 'by design' (assuming EA actually 'designs') so family members could fish/harvest and the owner can restock.

You could set up lots like those 'pick your own' orchards. Sims visit and fish or whatever and then have to buy the fish they caught from the owner Smiley

Unsouper
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 20, 11:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't fish/produce go to the owner's inventory on owned lots? I thought that was 'by design' (assuming EA actually 'designs') so family members could fish/harvest and the owner can restock.

You could set up lots like those 'pick your own' orchards. Sims visit and fish or whatever and then have to buy the fish they caught from the owner Smiley

So all the catch is in the lot owner's pocket? I'll check that later, thanks for the hint Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 20, 11:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's pretty neat if it is doing that, but then it would definitely be a bug that it's stealing the fish and fruit from you as a customer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 20, 20:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This also drove me crazy.  I have a home-based business; the owner does nothing but paint still lifes for sale.  She has never fished or gardened, she is chained to the easel.  All other householders fished, but had no fish in their inventories; saw that they were all in the owner's, had the slowly dawning realization, etc.

However, I have one sim in the same household who does strictly all the gardening/harvesting.  Produce he harvests does not show up in the business owner's inventory - it remains in his inventory.  Can't say if that holds true on an owned community lot as I don't have any yet in this 'hood.

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 21, 04:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This also drove me crazy.  I have a home-based business; the owner does nothing but paint still lifes for sale.  She has never fished or gardened, she is chained to the easel.  All other householders fished, but had no fish in their inventories; saw that they were all in the owner's, had the slowly dawning realization, etc.

However, I have one sim in the same household who does strictly all the gardening/harvesting.  Produce he harvests does not show up in the business owner's inventory - it remains in his inventory.  Can't say if that holds true on an owned community lot as I don't have any yet in this 'hood.
Handy, that. Wonder why it works in this bass-ackward manner.

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 21, 10:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm again it works this way - the lot owner sim had the entire North Atlantic biota in its inventory - but I think it's wrong.

In my opinion, harvestable goods should go into the lot owner's inventory only if the harvesting sim meets one of these conditions:
  • Is the owner itself
  • Is a member of the owner's household (may include the above condition)
  • Is an employee working at the current lot

On all other occasions, those goods should belong to the sim that performed the harvesting, whether or not it is selectable.

Any thoughts?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 21, 11:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno - I don't see why just because one sim is selling beans in a farmer's market, that means the other sims should be able to help themselves for free from the apple tree. But I agree with Pes - it's backasswards. I could better see fish going in everyone's inventory and harvest not rather than the other way around. And it's not hard to fence off something you don't want somesim getting to.

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 21, 11:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm again it works this way - the lot owner sim had the entire North Atlantic biota in its inventory - but I think it's wrong.

In my opinion, harvestable goods should go into the lot owner's inventory only if the harvesting sim meets one of these conditions:
  • Is the owner itself
  • Is a member of the owner's household (may include the above condition)
  • Is an employee working at the current lot

On all other occasions, those goods should belong to the sim that performed the harvesting, whether or not it is selectable.
I thought of this already, yes.

gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 21, 13:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any thoughts?

Remember how PO'd everyone was about visitors harvesting our money trees? 

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 21, 13:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember how PO'd everyone was about visitors harvesting our money trees?
Hah, but it's not like visitors are harvesting your plants autonomously. Different issue entirely. We'd be similarly outraged if visitors were casually harvesting our plants and absconding with the loot autonomously.

gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 21, 13:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah, but it's not like visitors are harvesting your plants autonomously. Different issue entirely. We'd be similarly outraged if visitors were casually harvesting our plants and absconding with the loot autonomously.

Yeah, but did MaxisEA comprehend that fine distinction?

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: