More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:35:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Gender Confusion
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Gender Confusion  (Read 6764 times)
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Gender Confusion
« on: 2007 March 20, 06:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted my sim to have a baby girl but she kept having a boy so after the 4th try (via speeding the process using the InSim) I decided ah no big deal I can just change the sex in SimPE. I know it's not for Seasons but it should be able to handle that. I changed it saved it loaded up the game and when the baby turned toddler it only showed boy haircuts to change to from the change appearance. I figured ah well maybe when it becomes a child. Nope. The game reads it as a her as in the description from the neighborhood's view it says "Wonder Girl". But when it comes to changing hair or clothes it's all boy options. Can I fix it or do I need to scratch him er her and try again?

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: Gender Confusion
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 20, 08:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooo - transgender sim, splendid.

Yeah, I know, useless reply.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 20, 11:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted my sim to have a baby girl but she kept having a boy so after the 4th try (via speeding the process using the InSim) I decided ah no big deal I can just change the sex in SimPE. I know it's not for Seasons but it should be able to handle that. I changed it saved it loaded up the game and when the baby turned toddler it only showed boy haircuts to change to from the change appearance. I figured ah well maybe when it becomes a child. Nope. The game reads it as a her as in the description from the neighborhood's view it says "Wonder Girl". But when it comes to changing hair or clothes it's all boy options. Can I fix it or do I need to scratch him er her and try again?

Hmm, sorry to say I have no idea.  I've been using SimPE with Seasons, but only for simple tasks with objects and BodyShop stuff.  I'm afraid to try anything involving neighborhoods or Sims til it's updated, for fear of exactly this kind of issue...

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 20, 11:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that all SimPE could do regarding gender was change how the Sim was treated -- i.e., changing a male to a female would result in a male-looking Sim who spoke like a woman, used the ladies room, showed up on blind dates when a female was requested -- with the costuming options and appearance remaining male.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 20, 12:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once a Sim has a skin gender they stick with it no matter what you do to their gender in SimPE, so what you have is a little girl trapped in a boys body, but you can fix it.

Use Sim Surgery to export your transgendered Sim and Body Shop to clone a female version. Then you can use Sim Surgery (in which case you'll need to make her in a family in your Neighbourhood so that you can copy her, or maybe even the alt sugery so that you can copy her straight from the bodyshop version - but I haven't tried that with Seasons yet) to paste her back over your boy/girl so you'll get a girl/girl

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 20, 12:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What gender does SimPe show when you open the sim description in the neighborhood file? It should be set to female.

Also, open the sim's character package, then on the Age Data (AGED) and Property Sets (GZPS) make sure the gender parameter is 0x00000001. On the Material Definition (TXMT) properties, see if paramGender is 1.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 20, 12:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bad Things Happen when you attempt to pervert the will of nature like this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 20, 13:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incidentally... exactly how were you trying to make the sim reproduce?  Did you "pollinate" them with someone else's DNA? Or were you just trying to self produce?  I don't know the state of this now, but I vaguely remember reading about sims who don't have a "father" so the "mother" will always produce a baby that is the opposite of its gender.

Like with Brandi Broke, who starts off preggers, and her 3rd kid is always a boy.  I think this was because there wasn't a proper "father" for the unborn baby.  I could totally be making this up tho.  Tongue  Anyhew, if you're tryin to have your preggers sim birth a girl, then you should probably insimenate them with someone else's DNA.  Then you can save, and do the birth, exit without saving, re-enter dance until you get the gender you want.

Ste

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 20, 14:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like with Brandi Broke, who starts off preggers, and her 3rd kid is always a boy.  I think this was because there wasn't a proper "father" for the unborn baby.  I could totally be making this up tho. 

No, it's true. It's in the Myths thread.

(Is it me, or did those two sentences.... Grin)

Fail.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 20, 20:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The gender you change in SimPE (or via Insimenator) changes only their behavior, and some (not all) related animations, but that sim will retain all the skins of original gender, for every life stage. You need to apply a surgery, also, possibly from a "BodyShop cloned clone": export the sim (sim A) with SimPE surgery tool, open it in bodyshop, clone it and then change its gender, save this clone (sim B); re-open SimPE, re-apply surgery on sim A from sim B; commit & save.

As an additional check, open the character file and check if all the skins in property sets are correctly genderized (i.e. ambodynaked -> afbodynaked etc.). You should have at least 1 property set for every life stage.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 20, 22:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had this exact same problem before, actually. It turns out that I actually had missed one of property sets when changing the Sim's gender, so perhaps you should just recheck everything. Also, I didn't notice any retained skin issues on my Sims, but it is possible that I was being oblivious.
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 20, 22:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a write up on how to do all of the steps necessary to make it really work over at the SimPe forum http://www.ambertation.de/simpeforum

but the site is down right now. Once it's back up search for gender under a posting by me & you should find it.

Morague
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 21, 02:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once a Sim has a skin gender they stick with it no matter what you do to their gender in SimPE, so what you have is a little girl trapped in a boys body, but you can fix it.

Yeah, I know, useless reply.

Looks like I do have a transgender Sim. Wee! If I wasn't so bent on this damn story line I'd be having a very fun time with it! I still will eventually.  Cheesy

Bad Things Happen when you attempt to pervert the will of nature like this.

Yeah but it's soo fun!! I am playing god after all! haha

Incidentally... exactly how were you trying to make the sim reproduce?  Did you "pollinate" them with someone else's DNA? Or were you just trying to self produce? 

Ste, I used a specific male to be the father. As that was also a part of the story I am trying to create. I tried it 4 times and each time it turned to be a boy. That's when I gave up and tried SimPE but now I see that it isn't really the way to do it. But hey at least I learned a few things along the way!

Thank you to the other's I didn't quote who gave me help and a few who gave me tips on how to fix it. Thank you very much!

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 21, 06:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Double post because I'm not awesome and screwed up)

Ok so I thought I could figure out how to do the sim surgery without a full step by step process but no, I was wrong. I first couldn't even figure out how to open the exported sim into body shop.  Roll Eyes Then I tried to just make a new one in Body Shop but then again I couldn't figure out how to replace the existing one with it. Then as I'm looking around in the kids files I changed some numbers by accident and ended up saving it. No I hadn't backed it up, didn't care that much. lol. I ran the game to see what I did. He/She was still in the game but had no family tree, no memories ect. Plus he was an adult. So I moved heshe out and might play him in another house just cause I messed him up so good it's funny.

Now since the Mother of this now very mixed up child still had the memories of having it but it didn't show up on the family tree I'll just either have her try again and find  a tut on how to delete memories or I'll put the one I made into the game and use InSim to change it's parents.

Since I messed up so great I figured I'd share my stupidity with you all so you could all laugh at me... er with me! This is what I get for trying to do this without any prior knowledge on what I'm doing, no instructions, and me being rather tired to boot. But hey at least I got a laugh out of it too!

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 21, 21:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like I do have a transgender Sim. Wee! If I wasn't so bent on this damn story line I'd be having a very fun time with it! I still will eventually.  Cheesy

If you do a bit of a search on MTS2 you can find some female oufits for guys. sshodan has some that aren't too hilariously awful.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 22, 01:15:07 by rohina » Logged

ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 21, 22:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do a bit of a search on MTS2 you can find some female outits for guys. sshodan has some that aren't too hilariously awful.

I'll have to look those up for future uses! Now that I know how to mess them up, I'll likely be doing it more.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: