More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:52:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Changing the season on a lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Changing the season on a lot  (Read 4837 times)
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
Changing the season on a lot
« on: 2007 March 21, 19:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably already covered somewhere but I've been hunting around with no luck.

Is there a cheat or hack yet to advance the season on a lot?  I'm tired of moving my families into a new house and they are magically transported to the "last day of summer".   Angry
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: Changing the season on a lot
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 21, 19:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried the weather machine aspiration reward?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 21, 19:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is with the last day of summer, anyway? Why not start with the last day of whatever season is at the end of the cycle, or better yet with the first  day of a season, so that the seasons can start counting down from the top of the little seasons indicator? It annoys me.

Fail.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 21, 19:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's one here :  http://www.simwardrobe.com/    It's working great for me so far. It's under 'other' objects.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 21, 19:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the aspiration reward weather machine for that purpose -- I like to keep some continuity in the time line.  It's good for up to five uses.  I was told you need to be in the gold or platinum to avoid bad results (like fireballs from the heavens), but I can't attest to that as I've (coincidentally) only ever used it with gold/platinum Sims.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 21, 20:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And that 'last day of summer' thing seems to be only if you leave the seasons at the default setting.  I changed Pleasantview to be in winter first, and every lot is in the first day of winter when I go into it the first time.

Interestingly, I left the university set at the default (last day of summer) so that it'll be autumn to get the boost.  But I moved two new students out during winter and into empty dorms, and they were both in winter, not summer/fall as they should have been.  I'll have to see if that carries over to students already at uni (I didn't get a chance to play them last night).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 21, 20:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried the weather machine aspiration reward?

Yes, it doesn't provide the kind of fine-grained control that I'm after.  It also wastes 7000 aspiration points and takes up a lot of space.  I use Pescado's lot synchronizer and would prefer something with similar functionality so that I can coordinate all my households having the same seasons schedule for each.  Which means if a family leaves a lot where it was the third day of fall, I can move them into another lot and change the season to the third day of fall.

There's one here :  http://www.simwardrobe.com/    It's working great for me so far. It's under 'other' objects.

I'll give that one a try!
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 21, 21:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the aspiration reward weather machine for that purpose -- I like to keep some continuity in the time line.  It's good for up to five uses.  I was told you need to be in the gold or platinum to avoid bad results (like fireballs from the heavens), but I can't attest to that as I've (coincidentally) only ever used it with gold/platinum Sims.

I may have to try that... Wink

Is there any post anywhere that has the weather machine's likelihood for failure, and/or failure outcome(s)?
I've been sending green (I *think* they were green, never really paid much attention) Sims to use it, with no adverse affect. May just be luck, with the random thing.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 22, 01:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it doesn't provide the kind of fine-grained control that I'm after.  It also wastes 7000 aspiration points and takes up a lot of space.  I use Pescado's lot synchronizer and would prefer something with similar functionality so that I can coordinate all my households having the same seasons schedule for each.  Which means if a family leaves a lot where it was the third day of fall, I can move them into another lot and change the season to the third day of fall.
I personally find it better to leave both the seasons and day of week unsynchronized, since it help alleviate the macro/micro compression/expansion effect in TS2, where macroscopic events become disproportionately compressed while microscopic events are extended beyond their to-scale lengths. If I were to synchronize by weekday as well, for instance, I'd end up with kids heading off to college in exactly 7 day waves, rather than a gradual progression of people entering while others leave. The fact that every lot *IS* on a different microsopic day while synchronized macroscopically by aging helps to reduce the apparentness of sims only living for 2 months by days and maybe 2-3 years if tracked by season.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: