More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 17:21:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No elder work clothes in new Seasons careers?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No elder work clothes in new Seasons careers?  (Read 3988 times)
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
No elder work clothes in new Seasons careers?
« on: 2007 March 19, 15:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if my problem is peculiar to the Roth house in Riverblossom Hills (Seasons), or if it has to do with the new career paths that come with Seasons.  At any rate, here's the deal:

Morty is on the Adventurer track, and Stella is on the Journalism track.  Both became elders, and now neither have any work outfits.  They have the option to dress for work at their wardrobe, but when they do it they just spin around and stay in their everyday clothes.  Likewise when the car pool comes -- spin, but stay in everyday clothes.  When I look in their wardrobe, there are no career outfits there -- unlike other Sims, who seem to keep every outfit for every job they ever had. 

At the moment I only have one other elder who's in a regular (non-elder) job -- Leod McGreggor, who is on the Business track -- and he changes into his work clothes just fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone have any insight on the problem?

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: No elder work clothes in new Seasons careers?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 19, 15:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Adventurer track has a number of outfits that reuse original TS2 outfits (the pirate uniforms), which simply lack elder versions, as Maxis did not bother to make the saggy-boobed, thunder-thighed version of them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 19, 15:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin

Well, regardless of that -- it seems they should have, unless elders are to be force-retired upon aging.

Morty had already passed that stage and was a hostage negotiator -- kind of a swat-team-with-stocking-cap outfit.  Stella was simply wearing a pant-suit with a camera around her neck.  As soon as they aged -- no more work clothes, not even when they got promotions (not sure what their promotion clothes should look like).

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 19, 17:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stella was simply wearing a pant-suit with a camera around her neck.  As soon as they aged -- no more work clothes, not even when they got promotions (not sure what their promotion clothes should look like).

Oh so THAT'S where that came from ... right.

Inteen for AL, yay!
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 20, 11:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Adventurer track has a number of outfits that reuse original TS2 outfits (the pirate uniforms), which simply lack elder versions, as Maxis did not bother to make the saggy-boobed, thunder-thighed version of them.

Okay, so I checked in CAS in debug mode, and the saggy-boobed, thunder-thighed versions of the pirate uniforms and other new career track clothes do, indeed, appear for elders.  So .... I guess they're not associating with elders who are actually working?  Or is it just the Roths? (It's 7 Sim-days before my next "new career track" Sims become elders, so I won't know for sure until then). 

Any clever coder feel like checking this out and possibly developing a fix, if it's a universal problem?

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 20, 12:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't find the outfits for the Dread Pirate as a certainty. The others appear to exist, but you may or may not have that level of the career track. Screenshots of problem and job may help.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 20, 17:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Sir.  I'll see what I can do when I get home.  Morty definitely was beyond Dread Pirate as an elder.  He was Hostage Negotiator at the time of transition, and is now International Sim of Mystery (or whatever that level is called).  Stella was a Horoscope Writer at time of transition -- she may be a Sports Writer now, can't remember, but I know it's supposed to be the same baby-poop yellow pant-suit with camera.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 20, 23:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, El Presidente - here we go.  I hope the pictures are not too large and not too small ..... and are the type of thing you were asking for.

Here we have Jason Greenman, Space Pirate (top of the Adventurer track).  He's getting ready to dress for work.  As you can see, he's an adult.

Here we have Jason all dressed for work -- and a fearsome sight he is, too!

Now we have his neighbor, Morty Roth -- also Space Pirate, also getting ready to dress for work.  Difference?  He's an elder.  (And another Sim entirely, of course).

And here we have Morty, theoretically dressed for work.  Not so fearsome.

In CAS, I made a Random Old Guy.  I went into debug mode in order to unlock the career outfits.  So there's Random Old Guy in the Space Pirate suit.  The hat, alas, was not available.  Perhaps this is part of the problem?  But it wouldn't explain why elder Sims on the new career tracks with suits that don't have hats, don't wear career outfits.

Is this what you wanted to see?

Thanks for your patience and for looking at this.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 20, 23:58:58 by phyllisp » Logged

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 21, 08:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's part of what I wanted to see, yes. I'll look into this, but see if you can get a screenshot of a dysfunctional uniform which LACKS a headgear.

UPDATE:
Nevermind, I found out why this happens. A fix is being investigated.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 21, 10:22:22 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 21, 10:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, thank you, you Fat Obstreperous Jerk, you!  Grin  You're the best!

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: