More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 10:47:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Question about number of character files
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about number of character files  (Read 3278 times)
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Question about number of character files
« on: 2007 March 19, 21:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question about the character count. I hope this is the right place to ask. I use all the clean templates and am forever grateful for them, because playing the same sims over and over in every neighbourhood sure gets boring. I donīt have installed the empty Pleasentview, but renamed the N001 template to N001-bak.
I also have all of Pescadoīs no respawn hacks, meaning: no stray respawn, no townie regen, antiredundancy, no ssrespawn, no dormieregen. I hope I didnīt miss any. I have all eps and the first holiday pack.

Now, I created a new neighbourhood to see if everything works, before I loaded my own neighbourhoods after installing Pets and Seasons. I installed both at the same time, so the last time I played my neighbourhoods was with OFBp2.
The newly created neighbourhood had an empty character folder. So I assumed everything was working fine and loaded my costume hood. Everything went fine for a while. A wolf was visiting one of my lots, but I thought this was okay as wolfs seem to be considered npcs. I donīt want any strays.

The problem occured, when I let one of my sims try to adopt a pet via phone. The game paused for a long time. I thought this was, because the pets in the adoption pool had to be created and waited. Unfornutaly after being frozen for a really long time the game crashed. Afterwards I looked in my neighbourhood folder and saw, that the game had created about 150 new character files. I didnīt create any sims or pets myself. So my question is, if a 150 character files, could be the right number for the pets and seasons npcs (with antiredundancy) and the pets in the adoption pool? It seems like a really big number to me.

Any input would be appreciated. I backed up my hood before the installation of course and would like to know, if I should use the backup?
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: Question about number of character files
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 19, 23:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd restore my backup if I was you.  I had a similar thing happen to me, but I shut the game down (it looked hung) and didn't get any extra files.

See the discusion here : http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=7555.0
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 20, 00:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd actually fire up the game and try the adoption call again... I'd probably delete the 'hood afterward, I don't want 100 stray pets!
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 20, 02:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you angelyne! I should have done a search. I actually had read this thread, but forget about it again.

Myros: I did try again and the same thing happened. Only this time I got only about 50 more character files on top of the 150. It seems to be connected with the empty template, though. The pet adoption agency in the Riverblossom Hills, which I let create all the seasons and pets characters worked fine. I guess Iīll use the backup.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 20, 03:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the nostrayrespawn thread, JMP claims (yet again, he's claimed the same thing for the last 5 versions) that the most recent version of that hack will not hang... So I've downloaded and will try it yet again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: