More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:42:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Get Over It, Already!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Get Over It, Already!  (Read 26348 times)
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Get Over It, Already!
« on: 2007 March 18, 09:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish Sims wouldn't mourn so long. I understand that it is very sad that your father just died, but my sim stood and sobbed for three straight sim hours, ignoring all my commands, even the macro commands. You are wasting my time, Damia Ai, and your baby is hungry, and I want you to go garden. Hop to it!

Does anyone else have trouble with sorrow-ridden sims ignoring commands?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Get Over It, Already!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 18, 09:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. It is a source of supreme annoyance that in my family would earn you a death by beating. And now you've motivated me to hunt it down and kill it. I find sim death reactions to be obnoxious in general, as they fail to react appropriately to the event, instead whining about it in a way that, in my family, would mean the next death would be YOURS.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 18, 09:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. It is a source of supreme annoyance that in my family would earn you a death by beating. And now you've motivated me to hunt it down and kill it. I find sim death reactions to be obnoxious in general, as they fail to react appropriately to the event, instead whining about it in a way that, in my family, would mean the next death would be YOURS.

Yay Cheesy This annoys me too. I thought it was just me being a heartless cow Tongue

laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 18, 09:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay Cheesy This annoys me too. I thought it was just me being a heartless cow Tongue

Oh, it annoys me so badly. Seriously, Damia is my second gen Legacy, and when the cats died? Didn't bat an eye. Her mother died? One sniffle, then she was fine. Her father dies? The world ends. Plus, she was blocking the door to her son's room, where he desperately needed to sleep, and she wouldn't budge! Just kept sobbing. *resists the urge to kill her*

I can't wait for the fix Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 18, 09:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is hope for you yet, Emma, as pathetic as you are.

Anyway, next time you see this obnoxious activity, someone force an error and send the log.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 18, 10:00:07 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 18, 10:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Oh, it annoys me so badly. Seriously, Damia is my second gen Legacy, and when the cats died? Didn't bat an eye. Her mother died? One sniffle, then she was fine. Her father dies? The world ends." [Laylei]

If you play the Legacy, don't let the sims' relations on the lot to pass 35-40 daily. That's enough for a friendly interactions. Then you will save all the whinning.
Damia had for sure high relations with her father, that's why she was so sad. It's easy to do it, occupying Damia  with chores, without permitting  her autonomous interactions with her relatives.

...I hate Legacy...Smiley

laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 18, 10:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Oh, it annoys me so badly. Seriously, Damia is my second gen Legacy, and when the cats died? Didn't bat an eye. Her mother died? One sniffle, then she was fine. Her father dies? The world ends." [Laylei]

If you play the Legacy, don't let the sims' relations on the lot to pass 35-40 daily. That's enough for a friendly interactions. Then you will save all the whinning.
Damia had for sure high relations with her father, that's why she was so sad. It's easy to do it, occupying Damia  with chores, without permitting  her autonomous interactions with her relatives.

...I hate Legacy...Smiley

Ha, just by meal interactions and such, they're all 100/100. Plus, her dad was a popularity sim with a LTW of 20 best friends. Every inhouse best friend was one less person he has to call.
Cat Moonshadow
Asinine Airhead

Cat in the Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 18, 10:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It irritates me that they will sob about it for ever, but if it's their spouse who dies the wants immediately roll up a new want to get married, especially Wealth sims. Jeez, at least wait until the body's cold!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 18, 11:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It irritates me that they will sob about it for ever, but if it's their spouse who dies the wants immediately roll up a new want to get married, especially Wealth sims. Jeez, at least wait until the body's cold!
But there is no body.

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 18, 12:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I knew what it had to be about.  I was just saying this last night to Panther Pink.  His mother had died a few sim days ago (weeks ago in my time) but was still showing on the family splash screen. 

"Bring out your dead" wasn't working, so I used the Summoner from the InSim and she went away.  Panther cried for hours, constantly dropping things out of queue, and I just kept telling him, "She's been dead for days!  Get over it, already!"  And, yes, I went through the same constant sobbing when she had actually died a few days before, so it was a repeat performance.

Really, they can mourn with just a sigh as far as I'm concerned.  This crying at the top of their "lungs" gets ridiculous, though.  And not constantly.  Do one or two things, when they have a second or two that they're not busy, then they can hang their head and sigh.  That, I could handle.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 18, 13:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until the Resurrection was available in the game, and there wasn't the TJ's Carreer Rewards hack, I passed the same experience. It was terrible feeling.

I overcomed it, by changing in the SimPe the relations between the dead sim and his family members and best friends to 30/30. The mourn stopped almost immediately.

Now I resurrect all my elders, and wait for the hood to blow up. 400 sims, and all is well, touch wood...at least no one dies.
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 18, 15:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But there is no body.

Which is too danm bad, really. I think it would be cool to have a police detective come to the house, have CSI swarming around the body, and actually haul away another sim if there's murder involved. And then they could have a REAL funeral, with mourners and coffins and black clothing...and THEN all the fuss would be over and there would be no more annoying mourning sims.

Or maybe I've been watching too many cop shows.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 18, 17:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Satellite, ma'am? Now really, how likely is that? It looks to me like someone hit your husband with a blunt object..."

Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 18, 17:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And then they could have a REAL funeral, with mourners and coffins and black clothing...and THEN all the fuss would be over and there would be no more annoying mourning sims.

Oh yeah, I'd really want to have a new 'party' option on the phone - funeral! Sims that had known the deseased could make random speeches, and... Well, I don't know, but it would be awesome! I tried to have a funeral in my poverty challenge family once, with the black buffet table and everyone dressed in black but it wasn't quite right...

There's probably too much to hope for from upcoming 'Celebrations', I'm afraid...  Tongue

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 18, 18:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I create a phone group of close friends specifically to invite them over when I know a sim is going to die. Kind of like a funeral. Lots of food and juice. I don't mind the mourning, really.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 18, 18:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, I'd really want to have a new 'party' option on the phone - funeral!

That would be great if the scoring was reverse of normal parties.  Make sure all your guests are misserable in order to have a great funeral!
*too much coffee*

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 18, 18:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I create a phone group of close friends specifically to invite them over when I know a sim is going to die. Kind of like a funeral. Lots of food and juice. I don't mind the mourning, really.

Oh great idea!  A wake!  Cheesy
Kinda hard to plan if it's going to be a death by plague or satellite...  Will have to wait for an old-age death.

Does asp level matter?  Even though most of my sims have very close families, they are usually gold or better when a sim dies.  I rarely see great sobbing jags for more than a few sim hours.  By morning, they're over it.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 18, 18:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just had another sim die, her son was crying and I forced and error on him.

Is this what you need, JM?
« Last Edit: 2007 March 18, 23:04:36 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 18, 19:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had "funeral parties" the last two times I tried to throw anniversary parties Cry  One or the other of the guests of honor drops dead in the middle of the festivities and it's still somehow a roofraiser.  Even the widow(er) remembers it as a great party!
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 18, 19:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Survey says: Interaction - Emote (0x7F92B912/0x1007).

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 18, 19:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the crying over roaches... and I have no crybabies or whatever its called. They still cry about it.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 18, 20:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I hate about mourning is that it's invariably at the wrong time. Sims ignore the actual death completely, then hours or days later they stompinate a queue with sobbing. I wouldn't mind the Grim Reaper stompinating other actions, but no, they'll autonomously do other stupid crap like play cops n' robbers right in front of a grandfather's death scene.

Sims also seem to care more about roaches than the death of family members. Who on earth cries about bugs?

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Cons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 18, 20:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the crying over roaches has go to go. And the boo hooing over a death is totally annoying also the wake up in the middle of the night when they reach full sleep bar is also annoying. Aggh!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 18, 21:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And then they could have a REAL funeral, with mourners and coffins and black clothing...and THEN all the fuss would be over and there would be no more annoying mourning sims.

Oh God yes, I'd love to be able to have funerals.  Weddings and funerals, best family day out for anyone, especially if there's a fight - free food and entertainment.  Do you know, when the game was first released, there was a publicity pic with a family gathered round a hump in the ground with a headstone.  Turned out to be lie - bastard Maxis and their staged pictures, I really got my hopes up about that.  I can manage fights at the weddings but I'd love to be able to get the widow and his mistress slugging it out over the open grave.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 19, 17:28:49 by maxon » Logged

Inteen for AL, yay!
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 18, 22:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that game extremely needs some hacks as cryforall(when accident pee for ex.} and mournenabled (on cemetery lots)for visitors.Let's townies suffering too!  Cry
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: