More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:34:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Get Over It, Already!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Get Over It, Already!  (Read 26695 times)
Nadine Blackstone
Asinine Airhead

Not awesome, but my lack of morality makes it okay

View Profile WWW
Re: Get Over It, Already!
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 18, 22:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disgusting but true, roaches make me cry. My simmies have user-directed OCD because of this. Even simulated roaches give me the creeps. I grew up in Detroit and my family inadvertently rented a house that had a problem. As soon as we moved in, we were looking for somewhere else to be. The Orkin man was our best friend for months. So when they cry about the roaches, I understand. Crying about the dead, who aren't schlepping around their houses and crunching underfoot at 3:00AM? GTFOI!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 18, 23:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New Less Whiny reduces the whining so that it will not pile up in queue and turn into an extended chain of whine and moan actions.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 19, 01:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disgusting but true, roaches make me cry. My simmies have user-directed OCD because of this. Even simulated roaches give me the creeps. I grew up in Detroit and my family inadvertently rented a house that had a problem. As soon as we moved in, we were looking for somewhere else to be. The Orkin man was our best friend for months. So when they cry about the roaches, I understand. Crying about the dead, who aren't schlepping around their houses and crunching underfoot at 3:00AM? GTFOI!

I lived in New York City, in an old apartment building. We kept the place spotless, and there were still roaches crawling up through the sink. I now live in Florida, where there are roaches outside. I have never been even remotely tempted to cry because of the existence of some bug in my vicinity, and no, I still don't understand it at all, nor do I think it's realistic, even if there are a few people in the world who exhibit this strange behavior.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
diamonde
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 19, 11:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a bit of a phobia of cockroaches, so I understand the fear part of it.  I avoid them as much as humanly possible, if there's one of the household arachnophobes around I'll make them kill it while I run into the other room (they owe me for all the spiders I kill for them) and if there isn't then I'll beat it to death myself, THEN run away.  I screech and flail around with a shoe like a big idiot, but I don't cry about it.  Particularly once I've killed it, which is what bugs me about the sims.  I understand being upset when they're right in front of you, but why sob about it once they're dead?  Be happy, your enemy is vanquished!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 19, 11:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would imagine that since the normal range of human reactions to roaches ranges from disgust to terror, most people are either busy killing or it, or fleeing in terror, to cry about it, particularly after the fact.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 19, 12:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cryng about roaches should only happen if you accidentally ingest them.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 19, 12:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cryng about roaches should only happen if you accidentally ingest them.
I think that would be vomiting about roaches.

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 19, 12:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"A person who is allergic to consuming shellfish is also likely to have an allergy to eating cockroaches."

One of the fine bits of knowledge brought to us by Fear Factor Tongue
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 19, 13:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"A person who is allergic to consuming shellfish is also likely to have an allergy to eating cockroaches."

One of the fine bits of knowledge brought to us by Fear Factor Tongue

For the love of pixies... who the...?  I always knew Fear Factor was a whacked show.  What happened... some poor schmuck on the show had to eat some, and as a result they learned about this oh so obscure yet frighteningly clear connection between the two critters in terms of food allergies?
Nadine Blackstone
Asinine Airhead

Not awesome, but my lack of morality makes it okay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 19, 14:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From Chef Alton Brown of Food Network's Good Eats lobster and cockroaches are cousins on the classification of living things chart, they share kingdom, phylum and class. Schmexy, right? Eew!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 19, 14:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had "funeral parties" the last two times I tried to throw anniversary parties Cry  One or the other of the guests of honor drops dead in the middle of the festivities and it's still somehow a roofraiser.  Even the widow(er) remembers it as a great party!
Must remember to do this! It will be awesome!

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 19, 14:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the love of pixies... who the...?  I always knew Fear Factor was a whacked show.  What happened... some poor schmuck on the show had to eat some, and as a result they learned about this oh so obscure yet frighteningly clear connection between the two critters in terms of food allergies?
Read it up here: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/spotlighthealth/2004-01-16-fear-factor_x.htm

"The cockroaches are fed cornmeal, not trash. The Madagascar hissing cockroach is actually one of the cleaner insects out there. It doesn't bite and isn't toxic."

It's all very interesting, but I still prefer my early May snails dish Grin
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 19, 15:16:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had "funeral parties" the last two times I tried to throw anniversary parties Cry  One or the other of the guests of honor drops dead in the middle of the festivities and it's still somehow a roofraiser.  Even the widow(er) remembers it as a great party!
Must remember to do this! It will be awesome!

Can't wait to see my simself kick kewian to death at her own funeral party.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 19, 15:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naturally. And Kewhale thinks death will save her from you...nuh-uh. I'm gonna specially code your ghosts so that your ghost pummels Kewhale's ghost!

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 March 19, 17:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"The cockroaches are fed cornmeal, not trash. The Madagascar hissing cockroach is actually one of the cleaner insects out there. It doesn't bite and isn't toxic."

Whoa, I raised Madagascar cockroaches when I was at University, I didn't know they eat cornmeal. Ours were fond of food for goldfish.
In any case, if you raise the insects yourself, or if you consider only vegetarian species, they are for sure one of the healtier and most nutritive food available.
And that comparison between lobster and insects is true: they taste like scamps minus the fish smell.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 March 19, 18:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be an extremely boring contestant, seeing as nothing I've heard of fazes me in the slightest. I mean, come on? Bugs? I eat those from a bucket like popcorn. Deer spleen? I'd probably take offense they burned it. I prefer 'em raw.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 March 19, 20:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naturally. And Kewhale thinks death will save her from you...nuh-uh. I'm gonna specially code your ghosts so that your ghost pummels Kewhale's ghost!

Could you conceivably make the ghosts do other things? I always thought ghosts were pretty boring.
SweeTart
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 March 19, 21:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of ghosts, has anyone noticed that they occasionally change into outerwear in Seasons?  Like they're gonna get cold, eh?
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 March 19, 21:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also had one (Pascal Curious I think) change into his swimming costume just so he could haunt one of his grandchildren in the pool.

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 March 20, 01:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You wish,UglyButt.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 March 20, 03:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG, did you read the damn thread? Yes, I wish, and Pescado has promised that my wish is his command in this instance.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 March 20, 05:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awwww, feel the luuurve  Cheesy

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 March 20, 06:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 March 20, 06:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm feelin' it aussieone..but now, I feel kinda nauseous..  Wink

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 March 20, 07:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm feelin' it aussieone..but now, I feel kinda nauseous..  Wink

Ditto. Lips sealed

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: