More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 06:48:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Need help decoding XA
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Need help decoding XA  (Read 2610 times)
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Need help decoding XA
« on: 2007 March 18, 09:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to get the songs from splash.package, but when I extracted them using SimPE, they're not in mp3 form, but in XA format I believe. Then I tried to decode them using xantippe, but the result is far from good, the songs were ringing and sound distorted.....

so anyone can point me to the right direction on how to decode them properly? I think the game has the decoder somewhere since it can play the music perfectly, is there a way to 'extract' the decoder from the game?

thanks in advance
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Need help decoding XA
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 18, 09:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There doesn't seem to be much of an interest in extracting such things, and I know of no utility which does this. The usual method of doing this is to take a wire, plug one end into the speaker port, and the other end into the microphone port, then hit Record and cause the game to play the sound.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 18, 10:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or use Audacity, select Stereo Mix on the Mixer Toolbar, and hit record (do this if you don't have a microphone).

When I ued Xantippe, it always decoded a WAV file that sounded correct, so I'm not sure what the problem in the OP is.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 18, 12:55:16 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 18, 12:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking that I'll record them if there's no other option... I agree that nobody seems interested in this except me though:D

Actually some of the tracks decoded with xantippe do sounds ok, but most of them sounds bad, especially OFB and Seasons ones..... Tongue

anyway thanks for your help Wink
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 18, 19:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is that XA is an unknown (and not that well documented), just like so many idiotic things that EA does to their games. They can't make their formats work right, and you can't fix them because you can't even use them the way you want.

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 19, 03:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey I found a solution... Someone at MTS2 told me to get Game Audio Player and it works perfectly Grin way better and faster than xantippe  Cheesy

ok then, thanks to all of you for trying to help me  Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: