More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:28:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  too many professors...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: too many professors...  (Read 20162 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: too many professors...
« Reply #25 on: 2007 February 23, 17:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I just misunderstood what the dramafix did. I thought it fixed the met self memories AND stopped the weirdo.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 February 23, 18:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jade, for some reason the game feels a need to make all the profs the minute you start playing Uni - even if you start with the empty subhood templates (no characters at all), delete all characters or whatever. It doesn't create them just when you need them and it won't do just one - well for some dumb reason you hafta "meet" two the first day of class anyways. So my 3 playables met 6 profs, all different ones, even tho they were all (at that point) undecided majors and then 2 more each when they declared majors :p. Only one of about a billion 'why in the world did they set it up like that' things about Uni.

Unsouper
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 February 23, 20:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Sagana. That is exactly why I plan to create my own uni within the hood, rather than using a Uni hood.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 February 24, 00:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have InSim, or any of the other hacks (Merola's mind controller or Dolphins thingamajig), you could make the prof selectable.  Couldn't you check to see that way?

I have Merola's mirror and IIRC, making the profs selectable will only show you they are 'Unemployed' but not which majors they are assigned to.

I used SimPE (the University tab will display a major for the profs) to check and rename the profs so that their names include which majors they are supposedly assigned to for easy identification, but I'm not entirely sure if SimPE displayed the correct information though since I also use TJ's No Meeting Professors hack. If SimPE is correct, then the only stalker-ish profs aren't just the drama ones.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 February 24, 05:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote ::
* syberspunk shrugs.

Perhaps it may be considered "a waste" to interact with these sims? Since you're not supposed to move them in or marry them?
EndQuote::

Mmnn,  first i've heard about the Profs.  Sad    <adds Profs to list of 'Do Not Move In/Marry'.
Forgive me, but it's almost getting to the point where it's not recommended to move in/Marry ANY of the NPC's that are generated.
(Forgive me for not Quoting the proper way, this comment by syberspunk was too far back to show up to Insert from.)    Sad

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 February 24, 05:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgive me, but it's almost getting to the point where it's not recommended to move in/Marry ANY of the NPC's that are generated.
(Forgive me for not Quoting the proper way, this comment by syberspunk was too far back to show up to Insert from.)    Sad
That's a pretty good rule, yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 February 24, 05:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Sagana. That is exactly why I plan to create my own uni within the hood, rather than using a Uni hood.

How in the world could you do that? There wouldn't be any classes or homework, or term papers or anything. Does just putting a dorm into a regular hood make it work?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 February 24, 07:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How in the world could you do that? There wouldn't be any classes or homework, or term papers or anything. Does just putting a dorm into a regular hood make it work?

You'd need a ton of hacks, which will probably all be broken when the next edition of Lies and Propaganda comes out.

BTW, your Sims get credit toward their semester grade by interacting socially with a professor.  Even College->Rampage uses this on occasion!
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 February 24, 09:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, your Sims get credit toward their semester grade by interacting socially with a professor.  Even College->Rampage uses this on occasion!

I make use of this quite a bit for my popularity and romance sims.  An outing with 2 profs at around 30/10 and autosoc often boosts the grade meter enough to finish the semester without doing the term paper or assignments at all.  Add to that the boost in motives and asp meter, and it's hard to resist. 

I'm not sure if I would claim that it's literally faster than College Rampage, but I like to play Uni a little looser.  Most of my sims have a very abbreviated adolescence, so college is a time for them to make friends, find a mate, shag, etc.  If they roll up the want to make friends with their prof., I let them. 

Before I came to MATY, one of my sims rolled the want to make friends and flirt with her sorority sister's prof., which I indulged. She had 3 bolts for him and he wasn't heinous to look at, so I let them marry.  He was abducted by aliens the night after their wedding, and produced the first alien I ever had.  She was even cute!  That prof. later threw two really cute twins, too.

Anyway, for nostalgic reasons I'm a little more sympathetic to all the profs now.  He was a literature prof. though and apart from always showing up in his prof. uniform, there wasn't anything strange about him.  Being a knowledge sim, the funny bow tie suited him anyway.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 February 24, 14:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Literature profs are the best kind. I got quite fond of a lot of the profs when Elaine from my legacy dated a whole lot of them, and Prof Spencer, whom she eventually married, was a great dad until he got hit by that satellite.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 16, 15:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought marrying profs or any Uni NPCs was a VBT, no?

Anyhew... I've been thinking about merging my maxian hoods, thanks to Dea and SaraMK for their hardwork creating bug free DNA fixed hoods an awesome, easy to follow tutorial. Yay! Cheesy

I'm just curious tho... since I've been thinkin about merging 'hoods and what not, is it possible, with antiredundancy in place, to add a 2nd (and 3rd) University without having all those other NPCs generated?

Can antiredundancy stop those extra NPCs from being generated?  Will the game "know" that there are already 24 Profs, 3 Cheerleaders, 3 Llamas, 3 Cows, 3 Cooks, 3 Coaches, etc.?  And are these NPCs shared across Uni hoods?

OR... does the game have to generate separate profs, cheerleaders, coaches, etc. per Uni sub hood?

And if so... can I just use SaraMK's clean/empty templates/instructions?

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 16, 18:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uni-NPCs retain their special codes and behaviors upon moving. For things like Cheerleaders and Mascots, this means they continue to behave in their psychotic way after marriage and post-Uni life. Drama professors continue to behave in their obnoxious ways after marriage also. Normal professors lack special behaviors and are relatively safe, but all professors will respawn themselves if you deplete the pool. And respawning is generally a bad thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 17, 00:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if so... can I just use SaraMK's clean/empty templates/instructions?
I dunno about any of the other stuff, but the empty templates won't help. NPCs spawn when needed, and Uni appears to believe it needs 24 profs when the first playable student enters the hood.

If it's possible to share them across sub-hoods, then that'd be good, but otherwise they'll generate even if you start with an empty hood (I started with that - no dormies which is very nice Smiley

Unsouper
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 17, 10:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just curious tho... since I've been thinkin about merging 'hoods and what not, is it possible, with antiredundancy in place, to add a 2nd (and 3rd) University without having all those other NPCs generated?

Can antiredundancy stop those extra NPCs from being generated?  Will the game "know" that there are already 24 Profs, 3 Cheerleaders, 3 Llamas, 3 Cows, 3 Cooks, 3 Coaches, etc.?  And are these NPCs shared across Uni hoods?

OR... does the game have to generate separate profs, cheerleaders, coaches, etc. per Uni sub hood?

In my numbers experiments, the game will only add another batch of students (50 in total per university) when you add a new university.  Apparently, the universities share staff.  With the clean templates, you don't get anyone though the profs will generate the first time you send a student to college (as they go into the dorm). 

Inteen for AL, yay!
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 March 17, 11:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uni-NPCs retain their special codes and behaviors upon moving. For things like Cheerleaders and Mascots, this means they continue to behave in their psychotic way after marriage and post-Uni life. Drama professors continue to behave in their obnoxious ways after marriage also. Normal professors lack special behaviors and are relatively safe, but all professors will respawn themselves if you deplete the pool. And respawning is generally a bad thing.

Ha this explains why the stupid professor I allowed to marry my legacy heir kept falling in love with everyone he met. I thought this was some sort of bug in my game, but I didn't worry too much because I just killed him off and counted it towards one of my types of ghost for the challenge. Now I know never to marry them again!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 March 17, 12:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never seen the magical student addition happen in my game (with empty U001-3 templates in place).
Dormies are only generated to populate dorms, and SS lots.

Professors always spawn, although I do not always end up with 2 professors per major.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 March 17, 19:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never seen the magical student addition happen in my game (with empty U001-3 templates in place).
Dormies are only generated to populate dorms, and SS lots.

Professors always spawn, although I do not always end up with 2 professors per major.

I'm confused, has it ever happened where you did not end up with 24 profs total?

And... have you ever tried to add more than one Uni with empty plates?  And if so, do you ever end up with more than 24 profs?

Ste

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 March 17, 20:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused, has it ever happened where you did not end up with 24 profs total?

And... have you ever tried to add more than one Uni with empty plates?  And if so, do you ever end up with more than 24 profs?

Yes, I have and nothing is added until you play the university for the first time.  I'll check and see if I got 24 professors if you like.  I added two universities to Little Carping when I made it fresh with Seasons.  I have no townie/dormie/anything even remotely Maxian not even sodding pets - regen in.

To be clear Jordi, the game adds 50 new students with every extra University without the empty templates.  But Syberspunk, the second university DOES NOT add another set of professors.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 17, 20:16:44 by maxon » Logged

Inteen for AL, yay!
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 March 17, 20:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be clear Jordi, the game adds 50 new students with every extra University without the empty templates.  But Syberspunk, the second university DOES NOT add another set of professors.

That is awesome.  That is exactly what I wanted to hear.  So, by using the empty templates, I can theoretically add 3 universities and only have one set 24 professors.

Ste

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 March 18, 21:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Little Carping has 2 universities, no students and one set of 24 professors.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: