More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 03:40:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Im angry. Whats happened?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Im angry. Whats happened?  (Read 8734 times)
dontbenosey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Im angry. Whats happened?
« on: 2007 March 17, 23:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi

I have the fight club mod in my game and i only put it in not even a week ago and i went to play my favourite sim after trying to fill up river blossom hills and i had my sim fight with another sim and every time she fought with a sim she lost.  Even though the other sims have lower fitness and have no body points and my sim has 10 and the fight club mod means that my sim should get experience points for the fights shes been in and shes been in over 300 fights and she has won most of them but after i installed the fight club mod she hasnt won a single fight when she should win every single one. 
Does anyone know whats going on here? Has something went wrong or does existing sims get a disadvantage when made before the mod is installed?
Please help
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: Im angry. Whats happened?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 18, 00:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the RTFM:

Makes fighting a more desirable option in the game, eliminating those bizarre
"phalanx defeats battleship" outcomes by making fight loops keep score and
accumulate advantages instead of simply having their outcomes ignored. Fighting
is now also more skill-based, with Mechanical and Logic skill playing small
roles alongside Body. Combat experience adds a bonus to the fighter's skill
Grouchy sims will find fighting to be fun! The more grouchy the sim, the more
fun fighting is!

Also, vampires, weverwolves, and servos get a bonus. I believe zombies do as well.

You also might try reading through the FIGHT CLUB THREAD
* Nec hands dontbenosey a nickel
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 18, 01:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your sim a non grouchy sim?  More nice points?  Then they will probably always or mostly lose.

Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 18, 02:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi

I have the fight club mod in my game and i only put it in not even a week ago and i went to play my favourite sim after trying to fill up river blossom hills and i had my sim fight with another sim and every time she fought with a sim she lost.  Even though the other sims have lower fitness and have no body points and my sim has 10 and the fight club mod means that my sim should get experience points for the fights shes been in and shes been in over 300 fights and she has won most of them but after i installed the fight club mod she hasnt won a single fight when she should win every single one. 

If you read this aloud, exactly as it's punctuated, it makes you sound like a robot. It's pretty cool.
Say it into a running fan to heighten the effect.

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 18, 03:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if you read the post carefully, they mentioned that their sim won most of over 300 fights. So combat experience shouldn't be a problem.

Perhaps pre-fight-club combat experience isn't counted? And are you certain that the other sims have no body points? Townies and such do have random skill points assigned to them.

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 18, 03:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im not sure but personality points may play a role in this.

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 18, 04:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firstly, I have no idea how anyone can know how many fights theirs sims have been in - especially that number, unless you are really anal about keeping track of such things. You have to take into consideration fights when playable, not playable, as well as the type of sim they are fighting. Who knows what happens when you aren't looking. Secondly, I was simply pointing out that there are other factors besides body skill and the number of fights. I doubt Fight Club accounts for all fights and the outcomes previous to installing it, but I may be wrong there. It is probably in the Fight Club thread somewhere.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 18, 05:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the fight club mod in my game and i only put it in not even a week ago and i went to play my favourite sim after trying to fill up river blossom hills and i had my sim fight with another sim and every time she fought with a sim she lost.  Even though the other sims have lower fitness and have no body points and my sim has 10 and the fight club mod means that my sim should get experience points for the fights shes been in and shes been in over 300 fights and she has won most of them but after i installed the fight club mod she hasnt won a single fight when she should win every single one.Please help
Hmm. That's interesting. I see no particular reason for this. The only possibility that this could happen is if you overflowed and went negative somehow, but this would require a metric fuckton of fights to happen....on order of a thousand or so. Can you provide more stats on your sim?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dontbenosey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 18, 19:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim has full personality for all except nice.  She has full skill points in all.  She has lots of kids.

As to the thread a few above.  I do not think it is anal to keep track of the many fights my sim has been in the same way its not anal to keep track of the amount of children they have.  Everybody has a different way of playing the game and fighting just happens to be a factor in mine.

I have tried having my sim have a fight with a sim with no body points and nice but she still looses all her fights.  I dont know why this is happening because she should be winning.  Maybe she has went that far into the positive that it actually went negetative.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 18, 20:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember that Apostrophes are your best friends.  They cause contractions!  They show ownership!  Remember:  You pwn none with Apostrophes.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 18, 20:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge's Date counter painting give also statistic about fights.So ,one of my sim is really fightmonster-more than 430 fights won and
never lose,but... accidentaly she lost all memories and lost fight with obviosly weaker sim! Shocked Maybe reason is memory overflow?
Check memory of your sim - is still there?And thanks God I have backup until that happened.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 19, 13:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have added an overflow capping and detection to the current version, so the fight skill shouldn't overflow and go negative.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dontbenosey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Update
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 22, 18:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey

I posted a thread a while ago about the fight club mod and that i had problems with it not working.  I have tried other sims and they seem to be working fine with the mod.  All except 1.  The one sim that i wanted this mod for particulary.  I tried moving my sim out of their house and then onto a lot and have her fight with another sim but she always looses even though she has all the characteristics that would make her win! Is there any information on this? or am i just going to have to live with it?
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 22, 18:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Protip: don't create a new thread if your original one is still on the first page of the forum.

And your answer is in Pescado's post, above yours.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 22, 22:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nailati puts her face next to the fan

EXTERMINATE

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 23, 08:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nailati puts her face next to the fan

ooo - don't do that Nailati, we need your faces.  Worried.

Inteen for AL, yay!
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 23, 11:31:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think Nailati wants to exterminate herself. I think she was making a joke about robotic-sounding posts. Cheesy

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 23, 11:39:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what

does not compute

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 23, 11:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you a pusher robot, or a shover robot? Wink
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 23, 12:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I never understood that one at all.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 23, 12:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a SA cliche. What's to understand?

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 23, 17:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: