More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:21:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "Application will now terminate" fixed, but kinda iffy?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Application will now terminate" fixed, but kinda iffy?  (Read 5889 times)
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
"Application will now terminate" fixed, but kinda iffy?
« on: 2007 March 17, 12:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am nearing the end of my patience with my computer and this damned game..

Okay, having cloned all the people from my old neighborhood that went kablooey in Oops You Broke It, I started rebuilding in a new neighborhood with CAS-made duplicates.

I opened SimPE (yes I understand it's not ready for Seasons, but from what I understood, it will work for cloning sims out to bodyshop)
I followed the usual Export procedure with each sim I planned on keeping, shut down.
I opened Bodyshop, checked that they arrived, shut down
I opened sims, made about five of them, shut down for a few hours to go take care of family
I transfered another batch of downloads to my Downloads folder to test if they were going to behave and made SURE to remove the broken neighborhood from the Neighborhoods folder.
I booted up, everything loaded normally. I figure I'm good to go.
I click on Create A Family to "transfer" over the next clone family.. and two bars in, CAS stops loading and I get a musical stutter and a pop up error. "This application has crashed. Application will now terminate".
After a little groaning, I pull OUT the last batch of downloads and drop them back on desktop.
I open again, click CAS, same thing. Shut down.
I remove the last two downloaded sims I pulled from Exchange (a couple of simselves that were intended to go into the neighborhood) and all their bits and pieces by hand checking each ID number from Clean Installer.
Open, click.. ATI driver dies. Shut down.
Reboot, install new Direct X, reboot again, this time giving the tower a couple minutes while I walk off a little frustration.
Open Sims folder and delete NeighborhoodManager, all files from Thumbnails, Groups.cache, Accessory.cache, cigen, and Content Registry. JUST IN CASE.. I change the title of Lot Catalog, which holds 68 items.
Boot up, everything's fine. Click CAS.. Application terminates. Now.. I noticed when I went back to see if the game remade the Lot Catalog, the new one has 42 items. I have no idea if that has any bearing on the problem being as I am completely unawesome or I wouldn't be having so much bloody trouble.
Three EMPTY and furnished lots did get transfered. Not duplicates of the crap, just the lot file. After dropping a sim in one, there was a tremendous amount of errors on the sim, resetting did nothing. I managed to get the game to pause between errors, noticed the phone was left in the house on the move, and deleted it. Unpaused, no errors. I saved, and made the afforementioned group of five in CAS.
I also realized, at some point during all this, that I'd failed to "register the breed" of some custom pets. I didn't think I could duplicate them as well as I'd like and opened the various houses (borked neighborhood) with pets in them to register breeds, then saved out of the houses. This was before the removal of Borked Neighborhood and deletion of all cache & Manager file.

I have Sims 2 base Holiday Edition, every stuff and expansion pack, not even going to bother with the new holiday crap unless I can find a way to accidentally come across it.

So. Any ideas? Am I doomed to never get this damned neighborhood off the ground?
« Last Edit: 2007 March 18, 18:33:47 by Strangel » Logged

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: "Application will now terminate" loading CAS?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 17, 13:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mama mia - ke Via Dolorosa! If it wasn't so sad, I would laugh for sure. Wink

CAS is using too the sims made in the Body Shop. May be, just may be (an amateur suggestion), if you throw all the custom-made sims in the Body Shop to the trash, things will improve. Also delete the cloned sims from the SimPe.

But wait too for the professionals' theories, hope they will help you with advanced suggestions.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 17, 19:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh trust me, it's worth a laugh. If I wasn't ready to take a sledgehammer to a few things, I'd be laughing too.
While I wait for the pros to comment, I'm going to try pulling the SavedSims file, which is where all the SimPE clones are, and see if that lets me open it. See? You helped. lol Because as old hat as I am about having problems with sims, I didn't think to take THEM out and try.

..and I forgot to mention, my hack files (aside from updated SimWardrobe ones) are still on the desktop as I haven't taken the time to go through and find out which ones work yet.
Oh, and the last time I tried to open CAS, was in a different neighborhood. So it's a game-wide problem.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 17, 19:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this will help but I have noticed that SimPE clones are slightly dodgy.  I always make the clone and then fire up Bodyshop and clone and save again, deleting the original SimPE clone as I go.  If you have a look at the file sizes, SimPE clones often have file sizes of 500-1000Kb whereas Bodyshop clones are usually 100-200kb.  It seems to me there is a fair bit of stuff copied over in SimPE clones that the game doesn't need.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 17, 20:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but I have noticed that SimPE clones are slightly dodgy.  I always make the clone and then fire up Bodyshop and clone and save again, deleting the original SimPE clone as I go. 

ditto!
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 17, 20:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pulled the SavedSims file and I think you're all right. Something's up with the clones because now CAS is loading just fine. Going to drop the old downloads back in and duplicate the clones in BS. There's no telling if it'll fix the problem of getting the sims to work, but if it's definitely the way I'm cloning, I'm happy to have gotten a solution.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 18, 03:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem once with a corrupted sim I downloaded for the game crashing the CAS. So I deleted the saved sims files chronologically from the point when the problem started occurring, and that fixed it for me.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 18, 03:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the tutorial i followed for cloning Sims said to clone with simPE then clone again in bodyshop. (i had some sims i wanted to transfer over to another hood) I had no troubles with this, but i did delete the simpe files.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 18, 18:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arighty. Definitely a major size difference between clones going INTO BodyShop (approximately 1k each) and those coming OUT (approximately 150-200mb). I'm thinking part of the reason it kept crashing even BodyShop (with the same Application has crashed message) is the size of those files. I'm having to move them in three or four at a time, get them resaved, delete the SimPE clones, and drop in more.

I noticed, when I went to open the SavedSims file, I've got a ton of new files in my Docs/EA/Sims 2 folder.

TS2BodyShop 2007.03.17 14.50.04 (notepad)
TS2BodyShop 2007.03.17 14.50.04.mdmp

Rows and rows of that. Different numbers each time. I wasn't sure if I should attach the files or not. I DID delete the BodyShop cache before starting.

EDIT: Changed the title to reflect situation, also forgot to add one simfile in particular (SimPE clone) is crashing BodyShop all on it's own. Same size as the others, but it crashes out even if it's the only file.

LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: "Application will now terminate" fixed, but kinda iffy?
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 19, 05:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i havent reallly encountered the exact same problem like you did.
but i did encountered the situation when my application keep crashing at neightborhood selection screen.
go to your teleport folder and delete everything in there.
this may fix it, i think its when the game try to transfer some stuff from somewhere to somewhere else and crash the the stuff getting stuck ended up getting loaded everytime you enter the game.
Please let me know if it work or not
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
Re: "Application will now terminate" fixed, but kinda iffy?
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 19, 08:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Soon as I saw this I went to look, no luck, Teleport is already empty.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: