More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:50:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Anti-Weather Reactions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anti-Weather Reactions  (Read 69208 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Anti-Weather Reactions
« on: 2007 March 17, 08:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

antiweatherreaction.zip

Anti Weather Reactions (v2) for TS2Seasons
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (Doctor Boris & J. M. Pescado)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness
BlueSoup, Fat Head

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

ANNOYANCES ELIMINATED:
Sims no longer woken up in middle of night or queuestomped to gawk at weather.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. For TS2Seasons.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: Anti-Weather Reactions
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 17, 17:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!  Now, will they never notice it? Or will they just notice it when they're bored and doing nothing?

*RenegadeSims
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 17, 18:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!  Now, will they never notice it? Or will they just notice it when they're bored and doing nothing?
They will notice, but only when really bored. Really, really bored.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ravynwolvf
Anti Weather reaction hack-any chance for a nuke it to death version?
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 23, 16:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J.M. your anti-weather reaction hack is a big help for my sleeping sims and it keeps thier butts firmly in bed like it should. But during the day my sims still drop everything they are doing, sometimes over and over again no matter how many times I queue something, to gawk like idiots at the rain or snow (I think the hack is intended to curb this as well but my sims have always been especially retarded). Any chance you could use your mighty powers to conjure a version that gets rid of the whole damn reaction all together? I never got all goose-pimply to begin with when they did it and it's just another case of Maxis being overly fond of thier own cleverness and then doing it to death. In any case thanks for all your great hacks, although I think Maxians should be the ones thanking you modders because without you guys making the Sims playable for the long run most people probably would have chucked thier game out the window by now and they wouldn't be waist deep in money (just knee deep).
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 23, 19:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note to self: it is a good idea to check if topics are locked before merging other topics in. On the plus side, I figured out that it is possible to merge topics from one forum to another.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 29, 21:31:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to say something I noticed with this hack in place:  works great on the Sims I control; however, I guess it does not work on the ones I don't control because when I'm in a downtown store, all the non-controlled idiot sims will flock to the window, including shopkeepers!  It's pretty stupid when I'm trying to have my sim talk to another one in downtown, when the other idiot just runs to the window and goes, "Oooooh, rain!!!"  And more annoying when bartenders, waiters, shopkeepres, etc, all do the same damn thing.  Even if they;ve already seen it once it's started, they want to go see it again.  Why?!  Ridiculous.

Anyway, not sure if this can be fixed, but if so it would be *MUCH* appreciated.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 29, 21:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably happens because those sims aren't doing anything so have nothing better to do than check out the rain.

nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 30, 20:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen the shopkeepers doing that (my sims dont usually get out much) but I have seen the maids do that, gardeners and repairmen probably do it as well. The peons are there to work not gawk! *cracks bull whip*
harmless
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 31, 15:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried this out last night and it worked great for no reactions, but my Sim* got struck by lightening and has no memory of it at all - just being on fire.
Will this prevent Knowledge Sims from fulfilling their Wants to see hail and get struck by lightening, then? 

*The Sim that was struck was a Popularity Sim and didn't have any Wants of Fears related to it, but it seems she should have a memory token of it...or better yet, perhaps they ought to lose memories after being struck.  Cheesy
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 01, 11:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no memory for being struck by lightning by Maxis design.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
dreamtrap
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 14, 16:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my sims was watching tv and it started to rain. with this hack they got up and looked out ther window to look at rain.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 14, 16:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did they have anything better to do?

If they were watching for the hell of it, that is not better to do.
dreamtrap
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 14, 18:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no they were watching tv with the fun in the mid levels and than they stopped to look at rain. this hack should have prevented that.  Huh
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 14, 19:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To clarify: were they watching TV due to free will (which rain probably would stomp, even with this hack), or a user directed interaction (which rain shouldn't stomp with this hack in place)?
« Last Edit: 2007 April 14, 19:52:31 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 15, 05:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I have an adult and child skilling with career rewards and snow or rain appears, it stomps the action. This has happened numerous times on different lots. I have noticed a dramatic decrease in the weather reactions with my free-will Sims and no waking up in the middle of the night to gawk at the rain; for that I am thankful.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 15, 05:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Career rewards tend to suffer severe ADHD, period, unless launched via Skillinator. Don't even try to launch manually unless you Concentrate afterwards, since the actions for those are run as autonomous priority for some bizarrre reason.

purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 15, 05:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for letting me know. Will do.  Roger Wilco..over and out.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
dreamtrap
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 15, 05:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I have an adult and child skilling with career rewards and snow or rain appears, it stomps the action. This has happened numerous times on different lots. I have noticed a dramatic decrease in the weather reactions with my free-will Sims and no waking up in the middle of the night to gawk at the rain; for that I am thankful.

no i told them to watch it.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 15, 19:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Career rewards tend to suffer severe ADHD, period, unless launched via Skillinator. Don't even try to launch manually unless you Concentrate afterwards, since the actions for those are run as autonomous priority for some bizarrre reason.

That might explain why kids have stomped skilling to go hug their dad coming home from work.... though I thought I had them on macro-do homework, but at least it explains when I've simply clicked on the bookcase.

INFP or something
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 31, 07:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a nightmare when the barista does this. I took a household of 6 to Pleasantview's Woodland Park to work on their fishing badges. It was the last day of spring and there were still occasional showers. My sims were macro-caffeinating when it started to rain and everything seemed to grind to a halt in front of the coffee cart. The barista and the sim trying to order a cup of coffee just stood there motionless. They weren't even blinking. I was unwilling to make the coffee guy selectable at first because the game will just spawn a new one if I did. When I finally did, there was a 'It's Raining!' reaction in the barista's action queue. Man! I ended up exiting to the neighbourhood. It would be great if the barista doesn't do it again. Sad
« Last Edit: 2007 May 31, 07:47:21 by CuriousSpurious » Logged
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 31, 18:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a weird situation when I have my sims call other sims.  If the weather changes while they are on the phone(about 75% of the time)the person on the phone will get the weather reaction icon and the conversation will halt on their side and cause my sim to spend countless and pointless hours on the phone if I don't notice it--if it is a snow icon the person on the phone will turn blue--eventhough I don't think they are in danger of dying--it is still annoying---I throw my hat in at humbly requesting a no reaction hack--if it is at all possible.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 31, 21:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

--it is still annoying---I throw my hat in at humbly requesting a no reaction hack--if it is at all possible.

I second that  Cool 

I'm so sick of the poorly done/not thought out weather reactions, it wouldn't bother me so much if sims outside got the 'it's raining/snowing/hailing' reaction and then ran inside but of course they don't so the weather reactions are pointless and waste my sims time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 31, 22:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a weird situation when I have my sims call other sims.  If the weather changes while they are on the phone(about 75% of the time)the person on the phone will get the weather reaction icon and the conversation will halt on their side and cause my sim to spend countless and pointless hours on the phone if I don't notice it--if it is a snow icon the person on the phone will turn blue--eventhough I don't think they are in danger of dying--it is still annoying---I throw my hat in at humbly requesting a no reaction hack--if it is at all possible.
Added check to make sure sim is actually in-world before attempting to push a weather reaction, so on-phone sims are no longer affected. "People turning blue on the phone" is fixed by "warmthfixes".

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 01, 04:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is probably outside the scope of your awesomeness, JM, but I'd love an option to invoke weather reactions on command. I have several movie-making hacks that call up animations on command, but I've yet to learn how to do this- is it trivial, can I learn to do it never having hacked an object before? or must I beg more awesome creators?

INFP or something
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 November 07, 14:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

funny. although i haven't experienced the phone problem, which is a bad thing, i don't seen to be needing this fix.

I mean, i don't use it, and the weather reaction icons are always queued up in my sims queue but they don't stomp the other actions. they just wait their turn. if my sims is slepping, a wheter reaction icon is queued up but he remains sleeping..! if he wakes up and it is still raining then it will react, otherwise the icon just vanish.

So, why is like this in my game?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: