More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:25:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Moving in Townies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Moving in Townies  (Read 5583 times)
mk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Moving in Townies
« on: 2007 March 16, 17:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done a quick search, but couldn't find anything obvious so apologies if the answer is here somewhere already.

I'm looking for a mod, or method, by which I can reduce the following:

The amount of simoleans brought in to a family when a townie moves in.  A new sim that is not very rich, but progressing quite well can have the gameplay ruined if they then marry a townie who brings 20k with them (my opinion anyway).  I'd like to seriously reduce the maximum possible amount.

The townies inventory can have another 10k worth of items in it.  I'd prefer a few items but as I doubt what's in there can be limited empty would be fine.

A realistic job level and skill set.  Having a townie move in one or two levels from the top of the a career is again not much fun.  My usual approach on that one is to get them a different job.

If anyone can help with any of these it would be appreciated.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
Re: Moving in Townies
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 16, 18:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about the job thing. I seriously doubt that the "harderjobs" hack changes the townies in any way.

But there's a pretty simple workaround for the too much money thing--you could always use the family funds cheat. In case you've never used it, you type "familyfunds Newbie 1000" (no quotes, and with your family's name, and the amount you want them to end up with) into the cheat box. You could watch the amount of money your sim has before move in and adjust accordingly. Not exactly a hack, but pretty simple, IMO. And I think you can send inventory items to the little trash bin in the inventory and completely lose the value--they're just gone.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
mk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 16, 19:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the tip regarding the cheat code.  I didn't actually know that one  Smiley  I'd be happy with a maximum of half of what they can bring now, ie 10k.  It's my understanding that the normal maximum is 20k simoleans.  I'll have to pay attention to the family funds before and after then adjust accordingly.

I'll also try deleting the inventory contents if there's anything there that I feel is excessive.  It's when I find items like DJ booths, karaoke machines, and a plasma tv that I dislike.

Harder jobs doesn't have any effect on townies at least in my game.  I could edit them all in SimPE, but I think that would be a little excessive.  At the moment I try to take a look at their aspiration then upgrade them to a Uni sim using the lot debugger with a major that seems appropriate to them then set their skill set to match the chosen major using the sim modder.  Finding them a new job is then the last step.  It may seem a little over the top, but it's just the way I like to play it.   
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 16, 19:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I think you can send inventory items to the little trash bin in the inventory and completely lose the value--they're just gone.
Trashed inventory objects are sold. You receive the cash back for trashing them, if they had any value. Some don't.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 17, 10:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't want to get the money for items in inventory, drop them on the ground and then put on them a FFS nuker: they will be burninated with no refund.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baronetess
snowyrat
Asinine Airhead

Save the kittun!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 17, 10:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, with Seasons, use these items in a manipulative way for gaining friends. I mean, give them as gifts.
And the receivers, if they are playables, can do the same.
Sorta like Aunt Mabel's Ugly Vase, that is eternally passed around in the extended family.  Wink
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 17, 17:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I think you can send inventory items to the little trash bin in the inventory and completely lose the value--they're just gone.

I never figured out how to use the trash bin thingy. Embarrassed Do you just click to select an item in inventory, then click on the trash bin icon to delete? I kept trying and never got it to work.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 17, 18:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorta like Aunt Mabel's Ugly Vase, that is eternally passed around in the extended family.  Wink
I'm passing around a flaming bag of poo.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 17, 22:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm giving all the townies the gift of dead flower plots. This isn't as mean as it sounds, since I assume the plots come back to life after winter is over.

Since Macrotastics-->Garden freaks out when there are winter-dormant flowers on the lot, I had to stick them in my sim's inventory so she could keep gardening in winter. Then I figured I ight as well use them as gifts, since my sim is currently very poor and has nothing else to give.

Fail.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 17, 23:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never figured out how to use the trash bin thingy. Embarrassed Do you just click to select an item in inventory, then click on the trash bin icon to delete? I kept trying and never got it to work.

Odd; the only items I can't delete in this way are foods.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 18, 11:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since Macrotastics-->Garden freaks out when there are winter-dormant flowers on the lot, I had to stick them in my sim's inventory so she could keep gardening in winter. Then I figured I ight as well use them as gifts, since my sim is currently very poor and has nothing else to give.
That is very odd. How does the Gardener react to such flowers?

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 18, 11:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd; the only items I can't delete in this way are foods.
[/quote]

Darn. I had tried it on the pre-made YAs living in dorms where I had them stockpiling food before moving them into rental lots. Well, now I know why it didn't work for me. Lips sealed

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 18, 12:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is very odd. How does the Gardener react to such flowers?

I think it's attempting to water them, but since they are dormant, the sim instead ends up doing an endless little shuffle on top of one of the flower plots. The only way to make them stop is to cancel the Garden action. If there is something else on the lot, like a garden plot or flower plot in a greenhouse, they can take care of those correctly, but as soon as they reach the dormant ones, it's shuffle time.

Fail.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: