More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 08:43:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No autonomous computer games
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No autonomous computer games  (Read 3112 times)
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
No autonomous computer games
« on: 2007 March 14, 16:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked out the hack that is mentioned here but I'm reasonably certain it's not meant to stop Sims from autonomously playing SSX on the console (the one that sits in front of the TV) and if it was, it doesn't work in Seasons.

The reason I ask is that while I was testing the new EP out, I noticed that every time a visitor's Fun dropped just a tiny bit he would wander over, pick up a game controller, play for about five seconds, and then stop.  And then repeat.  So, I'm thinking that either there should be a motive check before playing and/or that visitors should only play when invited to, or when there's a party going on.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: No autonomous computer games
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 14, 19:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it doesn't; that's also why my sims never have a TV or game console in their homes  Wink. A quick way to fix that annoyance, if you want, is to set the "play" to 0x0064 (non autonomous) in pie menu resource.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 15, 03:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or bump the min/deltas down to a reasonable value.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 15, 10:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I, for one, can't think of any occasion where you'd actually want a sim playing that stupid game. I mean, it's almost as stupid as you look.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 15, 16:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well when I'm done testing things out, maybe I'll go look for a different game that I can drop in.

Then again, they're just Sims, they're not really going to know the difference if I trade their snowboarding game for GTA.

Incidentally, the head-to-head gaming seems to be over rather quickly much like the vanilla fighting.  Sims should at least try for best two out of three before conceding defeat, unless of course they're not very playful.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 15, 16:35:20 by Marvin Kosh » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: