More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 09:46:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Macrotastics being effected by season food changes,
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Macrotastics being effected by season food changes,  (Read 2257 times)
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
Macrotastics being effected by season food changes,
« on: 2007 March 14, 17:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't be the only person who notices this, and hates it passionately.

Macrotastics makes it that when a sim doesn't finish their meal; ANYONE without a current command will come racing to the dish to finish it off. This used to be somewhat annoying, but it was very easy to ensure it didn't happen by not letting them eat high level food that would max their hunger out before they finished, make every fat slobs who always finish their plates; I was able to cope.

Things have changed since seasons... the new sparkly food makes cereal and lunch meat sandwhiches fill someone up like grilled cheese and chilli would. Spaghetti is maxing out the hunger meter of sims who are damn near starvation.

Now I'm seeing negative effects of Macrotastics. ANY family, who is the least bit neat, are eating until their full... stopping, going to resume power idle actvities, do those for a ccouple sim minutes; BAM, they stop what they're doing and run break neck speed back to their plate, but are unable to take a bite because they're FULL. This will happen over and over and over, rendering Macrotastics completely useless and forcing me to take them out of power idle.

I hate sims who aren't in power idle...

Can Macrotastics be adjusted so they will only be summoned to food if their hunger level is at least 35% empty?

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Macrotastics being effected by season food changes,
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 14, 23:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Matter is being looked into. Normally a sim wouldn't show up to finish off the plate unless its food value were able to fit within his tankage space, though, so it's definitely not normal if they come back and DON'T take a bite out of it to finish it. I will try tweaking the values a bit.

UPDATE: Fresh food appears to have a bonus not associated with traditional FPV, and is worth approximately double FPV as a "bonus" added on after every bite. Macrotastics will now correctly calculate this bonus as part of the FPV, preventing the above behavior, although it may producea few other quirks of its own, such as that some foods will be classified as "inedible" due to the fact their modified FPV will exceed 200, meaning that a plate of the stuff lying around is inedible because no sim can fit it into their fuel tank without overloading and becoming fat (unless No Eat Crap is in place, but Macrotastics is programmed to assume default behavior for safety). A more detailed solution to this is currently being pursued, but in the meantime, you have the stopgap patch.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 15, 00:29:25 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 15, 00:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that'ss no big deal. I'll just continue to givee them low level foods, since they now give a huge amount of hunger relief.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 15, 18:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New update now probes and chooses algorithmically from all of the foods in the game if your game engine is OFB+, rather than using te old TS2-original heuristic of spaghetti, chili, burgers, porkchops. The optimal safe food will now be autoselected, taking into account the fact that sparklefood is worth 2x FPV.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: