More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 16:29:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What makes a nanny good at their job?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What makes a nanny good at their job?  (Read 9968 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: What makes a nanny good at their job?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 15, 07:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the Official Guide is written, to track the schedule of the sim that goes to work *earlier*, to make sure that the nanny comes early, and if she doesn't come - the second sim has the time to call her "just for now", and at the end of the working day - to make a new "track schedule".

Actually, that's not quite what the guide says.  Page 212 of the guide says "If parents work differing hours, consider having the earlier-departing adult call the Nanny.  Thus, the later-starting adult can work on Skills or Wants or socialize rather than taking care of the minors." 

The guide doesn't say anything like "if the nanny doesn't turn up then you can use the other parent to call the nanny" - I would have been surprised if it did, as that's effectively saying this is bugged so this is the workaround.  Remember that the guide was written before the game was released and therefore before the bugs in the released version were known.

Sad Yes, I did buy the guide for the original game, before I realised that the guide is basically garbage.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 15, 08:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes Kyna, you are right - the explanation why it make sense to track the earlier working sim is my own, because I have many failures choosing the later-working sim. Nevertheless, it writes to choose the earlier-working sim, and that's true.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 15, 11:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I think it makes more sense to schedule the nanny to the parent who has the later schedule.  Then when the parent on the earlier schedule gets home they can dismiss the nanny.  I use expensive NPCs, so it saves my sims some money, but the real reason I do it is to minimise the time that horrid creature is on the lot.

I think this is another example of the guide not offering the best advice.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: