More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:03:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Warmth Fix Mod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Warmth Fix Mod  (Read 87937 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Warmth Fix Mod
« on: 2007 March 14, 07:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't originally going to release this as a public release at all, but since you asked for it, here it is, and you'd better use it, or I WILL MAKE FUN OF YOU.

warmthfixes.zip

Warmth Fixes for TS2Seasons
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness
BlueSoup, Fat Head

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

BUGS & ANNOYANCES FIXED:
1. Warmth caps now properly applied, so the undead will not turn blue despite
   supposedly not being allowed to drop to that level (and ruining their
   portrait pose to boot). Cap for undead also raised so that they will not
   react to the temperature.

2. Spontaneous combustion temperature raised to +90. Chance reduced. Combined
   with above, should greatly reduce instances of combustion as it now
   requires an unlikely combination of circumstances (Outside, High Temp).

3. Outdoor temperatures no longer affect sims that are indoors, so treadmill
   and hot tub related combustion should be impossible indoors combined with
   above.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. For TS2Seasons.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Warmth Fix Mod
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 14, 15:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but they will still freeze to death from 1 snowman?
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 14, 16:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is very much needed, I'm glad you decided to share it with us after all.  Thankyou J.M  Kiss

The hot-tub is supposed to have a max temp of 85degrees, (according to someone with the guide) so 90 degrees seems much more realistic.  At least every hot tub session won't end in flames anyway.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 14, 16:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! No more spontaneous water combustion at all I hope? Like for outside hot tubs. Heat stroke makes sense, but not fire unless they filled the tub with gasoline Tongue
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 14, 17:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent! Now my sims can go outside and play, and not die.

But will they die by making snowmen?
Baronetess
polonius
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 14, 17:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear God,

Thank you for sending us Pescado to fix Maxian screwups.

Sincerely,
Polonius
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 14, 17:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yippee! The one hack I have been hoping for is released Cheesy Cheesy

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 14, 18:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims die making one snowman? Mine survived hers...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 14, 23:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cold can never kill sims. There's no combustion effect for being cold, a sim that is cold will simply freeze and turn into a statue. This will not happen unless the temperature has become <= -70, as the cold capping prevents activities from dropping you below -85 otherwise. Sims have an elevated chance of contracting the plague if their immune systems are weakened by the cold, but unlike the original Maxis version, there is no spontangeous generation and the sim must actually be in the presence of someone who has the plague.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 15, 00:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, ya big lug.  Cool

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Simsane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 15, 04:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cold can never kill sims. There's no combustion effect for being cold, a sim that is cold will simply freeze and turn into a statue. This will not happen unless the temperature has become <= -70, as the cold capping prevents activities from dropping you below -85 otherwise. Sims have an elevated chance of contracting the plague if their immune systems are weakened by the cold, but unlike the original Maxis version, there is no spontangeous generation and the sim must actually be in the presence of someone who has the plague.

Okay, I know I'm going to sound dumb, but are you saying that sims can freeze and turn into statues? Or that they actually cannot?  Cause my sims' temp meters have gone very low and turned blue, but I managed to get them inside in time.  Every time I have tried to have a sim build a snowman, I have had to make them stop and come in for a while before I could send them back out to finish building it.  Should I just ignore the blue temp?  On a forum at another site, a woman claimed her sim had turned into a statue.  And supposedly, some winters are colder, some are not so drastic -- could that make a difference?
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 15, 06:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If for some reason they were outside in everyday clothes and started snowball fighting (a very frequent thing on some of my lots), they will rather quickly turn to frost-bite state. You'll know because the game will lock up for about 5 seconds before the effect takes place, and then you get a pale thumbnail of your sim. The prospect of turning a sim to a statue isn't nearly as annoying as that long lock up.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 15, 06:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Freezing doesn't actually kill them.  But if their needs drop too low, they can die of hunger just like any other time.  But if their needs don't drop to drastic levels, they shouldn't suffer any ill effects. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 15, 07:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I know I'm going to sound dumb, but are you saying that sims can freeze and turn into statues? Or that they actually cannot?
They can. Freezing is actually rather therapeutic and if a sim freezes, you should just leave them that way, as they suffer no ill effects or even motive decay while cryogenically frozen thus. And it's funny!

Cause my sims' temp meters have gone very low and turned blue, but I managed to get them inside in time.  Every time I have tried to have a sim build a snowman, I have had to make them stop and come in for a while before I could send them back out to finish building it.  Should I just ignore the blue temp?
Pretty much. Sims don't suffer any real consequences other than the turning-blue and then freezing, which is harmless. Cold good. Hot bad.

On a forum at another site, a woman claimed her sim had turned into a statue.  And supposedly, some winters are colder, some are not so drastic -- could that make a difference?
Yes. Normally, sims cannot drop below -85 temp unless outdoor temp is <= -70. A sim turns blue around then, but can't actually freeze into a statue and fall over until -100. So yeah, check the temperature stats, and if it's not -70 or below, ignore it!

trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 15, 10:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah thanx, it must have been a combination of events that killed my sim.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 15, 12:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just yesterday I put back in all my mods after loading Seasons and added this one and a few others so I am not sure if this one caused this or not but....

Cyd was cooking grilled cheese, caught on fire, seemed to jump and then stove was on fire instead of him.  The fire dept came and afterwards the grilled cheese was just completely gone. 

I only wonder if it was this mod because I "think" he was supposed to combust or some such because prior to reloading my mods I had a sim cooking and catch on fire without the food/stove catching on fire.  In that case, the food still looked like it was on the stove (after the fire was out) and I could see it in the menus but if I tried to have the Sim get it off the stove it would drop from the queue.  Finally, I had to moveobjects it off the stove (although the stove still had the options to cook with the food on it).

Seems like there is something buggy about burning food since Seasons even before I put all my mods back but I was hoping someone more awesome than me could tell me what it was.

« Last Edit: 2007 March 15, 13:23:31 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 15, 13:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an unrelated random glitch. Shit happens.

Simsane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 16, 02:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info, J.M. and also, thanks for this hack.  I thought it was pretty stupid of Maxis to make it this way to begin with.  Who in the heck wants their sim to burn up from exercising or sitting in the hottub?!

But now that I know that freezing doesn't kill them...looking forward to that!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 16, 03:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you just get a lovely blue Simsicle!
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 16, 13:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims have an elevated chance of contracting the plague if their immune systems are weakened by the cold, but unlike the original Maxis version, there is no spontangeous generation and the sim must actually be in the presence of someone who has the plague.

So how does a sim get the plague in the first place anyways? I mean... it's got to start somewhere.  I think strays should carry the plague.  And there should at least be some small chance of spontaneous generation of the plague.  I mean, to us it would appear as randomly, spontaneously generated... but it would make some sort of sense, because germs can be airborne and not visible.  No?

I wouldn't want my sims to get sick easily.  Those original Maxis EA odds are totally, unreasonably stupid, as per usual. Roll Eyes  But, I don't want it to be near impossible to get the plague either.  My sims rarely ever get sick now as it is.  And by all accounts that I've seen/read, it seems to be a lot of work to have a sim die from being sick.  I don't want my sims dropping like flies, but it'd be nice to have a random death by sickness once in awhile.

Ste

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 16, 14:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want my sims dropping like flies, but it'd be nice to have a random death by sickness once in awhile.

Agreed...as long as it's random, and not something the player has to initiate.  I have never had a Sim die from illness, even though I've had the plague in my neighborhood a couple of times.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 16, 16:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanx!!  I'll replace the other mod with this one.  This sounds perfect.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 16, 18:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how does a sim get the plague in the first place anyways? I mean... it's got to start somewhere.  I think strays should carry the plague.  And there should at least be some small chance of spontaneous generation of the plague.
Spontaneous generation has been firmly discredited by existing medical science. It would take a lot of counterexamples materializing suddenly to make it a viable theory again.

I mean, to us it would appear as randomly, spontaneously generated... but it would make some sort of sense, because germs can be airborne and not visible.  No?
That's why the new rules allow sims to contract the plague at longer ranges than normal if weakened. And actually, I've never, ever, witnessed anyone becoming spontaneously plague-ridden in real life. It ALWAYS starts somewhere, and you can always isolate it to exactly when it happened if you review their movements and contacts in detail.

But, I don't want it to be near impossible to get the plague either.  My sims rarely ever get sick now as it is.
Well, it DOES help that you tend to practice sterile procedure in the game as-is. I mean, sims tend to lead pretty sterile lives, for the most part: They isolate themselves in their homes, and avoid contact with others. In real life, you'd pretty much never get the plague from that either.

And by all accounts that I've seen/read, it seems to be a lot of work to have a sim die from being sick.  I don't want my sims dropping like flies, but it'd be nice to have a random death by sickness once in awhile.
Making the plague more lethal would be the subject of another hack entirely.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 18, 04:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this is causing it, and I just downloaded the update, but I figured I'd mention it anyway -- I'm having an odd thing happen with hot tubs outside in the winter.  Sim gets in, and starts getting colder and colder, in spite of the heat of the water in the hot tub. Had a sim woohoo in the hot tub on ACR control, and he was on the verge of freezing when he got out.  I know this mod keeps them from getting so hot they combust, but shouldn't they be at least warm while they're in the tub?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 18, 05:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this is causing it, and I just downloaded the update, but I figured I'd mention it anyway -- I'm having an odd thing happen with hot tubs outside in the winter.  Sim gets in, and starts getting colder and colder, in spite of the heat of the water in the hot tub. Had a sim woohoo in the hot tub on ACR control, and he was on the verge of freezing when he got out.  I know this mod keeps them from getting so hot they combust, but shouldn't they be at least warm while they're in the tub?
Definitely an unrelated phenomenon, that was not latered at all. However, being naked in Very Cold has a pretty high heat decay, so it's possible your sim was still losing temperature in spite of being in a hot tub.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: