More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:42:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Warmth Fix Mod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Warmth Fix Mod  (Read 87944 times)
amber
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Warmth Fix Mod
« Reply #75 on: 2007 July 11, 21:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this going to fix my Sims that spontaneously combust while sleeping... indoors.... in their bed?

Also sort of unrelated but lately 3 different Sims havent been able to get in bed. Before the action gets to the top it fades and dissapears??
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 July 12, 02:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also sort of unrelated but lately 3 different Sims havent been able to get in bed. Before the action gets to the top it fades and dissapears??

Are you using TJ's smarterbeds mod?  What you describe is a symptom of that mod when a sim's bed ownership gets borked.  It's also a symptom of an OFB bug (I think it was OFB) that borked beds that were kept in a sim's inventory and moved from one lot to another. A patch fixed the problem, and it also went away with later EPs.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2007 July 12, 09:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using TJ's smarterbeds mod?  What you describe is a symptom of that mod when a sim's bed ownership gets borked.  It's also a symptom of an OFB bug (I think it was OFB) that borked beds that were kept in a sim's inventory and moved from one lot to another. A patch fixed the problem, and it also went away with later EPs.

Have those beds been in the inventory? That has happened with some beds in my game.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 July 12, 16:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still fixes a few things Maxis did funny, like hot tub overheatings indoors.

Ok I must admit I did not do extensive testing on this but I put the Maxis made sim Landgraab IV from the business section in his hot tub which is indoors for 5 sims hours in a roll and the temperature meter did not rose one bit.  Placing the Caliente sisters in their outside hot tub gave me the same results, no temperature rose.

Are you sure when hot tubs are indoors it will make the Sim overheat? so far I am not coming with the same conclusion.   Could this be because they are using the original tubs placed by Maxis?

Just to make it clear, I do NOT have the warmth fix mod install in the game right now.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2007 July 13, 08:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that in winter, when the hot-tubs are outdoors, the sims temperature falls rather than rises or staying the same. When they get out they are shivering! Is this right?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 July 13, 11:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hot tub is not a source of temperature stability. Rather, it raises temperature by specific amounts every interval. So when a sim is in the hot tub, two conflicting forces battle over the sim's temperature: The decay for being outside in the cold naked or in a swimsuit, vs. the heat added by the hot tub. What outcome results from this fighting will vary widely, but for the most part, a sim cannot freeze because the -1/15m decay from reaching -95 will not be able to beat out the heat from the tub itself, so sims will most likely stick there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Apsalar
Asinine Airhead

Enraged Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 July 13, 20:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the hack and so far I've been most pleased by it. I even got a sim 'sunburned' which haven't happened that much before. I don't know why I was worried, maybe because I was non-awesomely ignorant of how the hack works. I did notice though, that my sims seem to be able to reach the blue level indoors in the winter - plus he did the 'ooh it's cold reaction' - I checked the roof, and it was intact. Not that I complain, I thought it was very realistic. My sims did get warm when she went to bed. Smiley The other sim got warm when she was napping on the sofa.

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 July 15, 18:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Navigator, when checking for indoors temperature integrity, you need to check 3 things.

1. Is the space completely enclosed by walls? (yeah, I know, that's a bit obvious)
2. Is the space completely covered by a roof?
3. If on the ground level, is the floor completely tiled? (this was the death of one of my sims)

If you've checked all three, your last solution is to cover the level the roof rests on with roof tiles. Sometimes the way the roofs are drawn leaves gaps that aren't noticeable by anything but the code vagaries.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 July 15, 19:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an odd one last night where sims were getting cold in one bathroom on the first floor, and when it snowed there was snow in the bathroom.  Found out that it was caused by an in-floor hottub being in the open deck above the bathroom -- the game saw that as a hole in the roof!  Got rid of the in-floor and everything was fine.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 July 16, 08:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another caveat: the "attic wall" produced by drawing gable roofs is not an insulated wall and will not stop temperature loss. OFB dome and cone roofs are also believed to be ineffective: Such structures need you to cover the top surface of the room with floor.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Apsalar
Asinine Airhead

Enraged Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 July 16, 13:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, it probably is the roof then. I know I used to cover with tiles in another lot when it snowed inside when I used the cone roof. I didn't think that the same could happen with other toofs aswell. How non-awesome of me.
It's pretty annoying how eaxis made those roofs then, how hard could it be to make that right? The roof are based on how many tiles it's placed on, right? The other stuff is just graphics, right? Or not.

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2007 July 16, 14:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another caveat: the "attic wall" produced by drawing gable roofs is not an insulated wall and will not stop temperature loss. OFB dome and cone roofs are also believed to be ineffective: Such structures need you to cover the top surface of the room with floor.

Yeah, I was going to post this, I discovered if there is a floor above the attic space then the temperature stays constant. I noticed because I wanted to put the stupid DJ booth my sim was desperate to buy up there Cheesy

Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 July 16, 18:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad other people have had their sims getting cold indoors, it happened to me for the first time the other day when I played the Maxis-made fraternity from sim state university. That house looks big and draughty though so it was quite realistic. Can't see how it was to do with the roof though because I'm sure the second floor covers the first completely. Maybe I'm remembering wrong though, I'll check it out next time I play.

On another note, how hot does it have to be for a sim to get sunburnt and how long do they have to be outside? I've left my sims out for ages in what I thought was hot weather (debugger shows outdoor temp as about 40 which is the highest it's ever gone for me) and none of them have ever sunburnt. Am I not leaving them out there long enough or is it just that my sims suffer from crappy summers and 40 isn't actually that hot at all?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 July 16, 19:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

40 isn't that hot -- the 'comfort range' is pretty much described as +/-30, and sims don't really start getting cold until the temp drops to -60 or more. The range is +/-100, so I suspect the outdoor temp has to get up over 60 (maybe even over 80) for them to sunburn.  That may only happen in very mid-summer (I haven't gotten there yet in my game Smiley ).

There's a whole discussion of temperature issues over in The War Room: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7656.0.html

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: