More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:16:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Warmth Fix Mod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Warmth Fix Mod  (Read 87942 times)
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Warmth Fix Mod
« Reply #50 on: 2007 May 07, 10:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hair dryer is stored right next to their leaf rake and fishing pole, along with a lot of other stuff best not mentioned. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 May 07, 11:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hammerspace.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammerspace
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 May 07, 11:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!  Thanks for the explanation  Smiley
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 May 07, 15:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To test this...  I forced a Sim to stay outside so she'd freeze. It took awhile, but then she did take a big hit on motives when she first froze. Afterward her motives continued to decrease slowly. Her roommate warmed her up using a hair dryer so I did it again and when her motives were low enough she got up then died from hunger.

So in my experience frozen sims will eventually die - from hunger - if left to do so, but it'll take awhile and it is possible to direct another sim to warm them up.

I have only seen the "warm up" option once, and I can't figure out under what conditions it is available.  I certainly would have used it on my Uni Sim before he froze to death, but clicking on the frozen Sim had no effect at all.  Also - what hair dryer??  Where is it exactly?
They pull it out of their nether regions, like the fishing pole. Scary.

Never had the "warm up" option come up, and I've had spouses and children that I've had click on them (both freezings were with the dad of the house, one intentional, and one because the stupid sim decided to take a dip and then build a snowman in his swimtrunks). One child autonomously did it, though.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 May 07, 22:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what makes the warm up option show up. The first time the roommate sim just did it on his own. I didn't even know to look for this option so I was really surprised to see him pull the hair dryer out (of his back pocket haha). So the 2nd time she froze -once the roommate got home from work I checked and it was there. These two are only roommates - just friends -no romance or anything. They do not have a lot of history together either. So I would think that family should have it, but I have not checked that.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 May 08, 00:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It shows up anytime another sim is frozen. And they'll even do it automatically, for random people they don't know. One of them WRECKED MY BRYNNE STATUE!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 May 08, 08:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally managed to get another example of needs dropping during a freeze:

The first screenshot shows her in the moment right after she froze.  Note that her needs are low but not life-threatening.

The second screenshot was taken just after I (finally) saw the warmup option appear.  Her father has come out to try to warm her up, but at this point she is still frozen and he hasn't done anything to her yet.  Note that her needs are definitely lower than before.

So it's not true that their needs remain static while frozen.  You can see that this could potentially develop into a life-threatening situation, if you can't get someone to warm them up in time.

I did eventually see the hair dryer, by the way  Smiley
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 May 08, 09:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you leave a frozen Sim alone a long time, eventually they can thaw by themselves. By that time their needs will be so low they usually die, though. Often I only notice a Sim has frozen because I hear the "ho hum" of Grimmy.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 May 08, 22:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As this illustration also shows, outerwear is nearly completely ineffective, and whether or not your swim makes snowmen in his swimwear or not makes no difference at all.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 May 09, 04:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it's not true that their needs remain static while frozen.  You can see that this could potentially develop into a life-threatening situation, if you can't get someone to warm them up in time.

I did eventually see the hair dryer, by the way  Smiley
No, definitely not. My first simsicle didn't decrease terribly quickly. The second was extremely quick. I actually had to intervene and move him into the livingroom so he didn't croak. Perhaps the outside temp was lower the second time; I didn't have the lot debugger back then. As for the hairdryer...maybe I didn't wait long enough. I'll test it again sometime soonish, but for now my sims have been pretty good and no one is marked for death by the Oversoul. My current procreator can't break the kid number rule as he's a guy and his mate has recently undergone grilled cheese zombification.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 May 09, 06:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grilled Cheese Sims love kids... more people to serve grilled cheese sandwiches to!

Chester Cheez really didn't care that half his wife's kids weren't his... he just feed them all grilled cheese and was generally a better parent to them than she was!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 May 09, 14:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Em, this keeps bugging me. Overall, this hack is working as advertised, etc. However, it would be lovely if something was added to severely reduce or eliminate the internal heat caused by jumping on the bed. I find it ridiculous that a kid can still be taken from home by the social worker just because they were hopping around a bit.

I know Pes doesn't much care for the offspring, so it may just be a pipe dream.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 May 09, 14:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have that particular problem. I have the SSHack installed. But, I can usually I can catch the little buggers before they top out.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 May 09, 18:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have that particular problem. I have the SSHack installed. But, I can usually I can catch the little buggers before they top out.
I haven't had one taken...haven't had a social worker take a kid for a good long time, and that was because of a nanny not showing. The warning is just annoying, and pisses me off. I'm not neglecting the kid, it's just a brat.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 May 09, 23:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The warning without SShack is basically just useless spam, because it doesn't warn you of anything at all. The actual trigger for default SS visits from temperature are nearly always sudden-death, and the warning is basically totally unrelated.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2007 June 11, 19:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will pass on this one.  I am far too desperate for more random death in my game to want to stop it!  I just love the hot-tub combiustions.  Had a boring oldie die from overheating last time I played.  The position of the hot-tub was such that nobody could get to him (well they could if I tp'd them there, but they just jumped back and whinged about something non-existent being in the way).  Pity he was perma-plat, but when you gotta go, you gotta go ...   Had several die this way now, but the others I brought back as they were all YA's, including my self-Sim's fella.

Pity the freezing doesn't do anything more lasting.  You'd think at the very least a toe would drop off, or something.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 June 11, 22:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand the point of posting in a thread just to say you don't want the hack it's discussing....

then again, I'm also guilty of posting in a thread about a hack to say that I don't understand another post...

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 June 11, 23:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim sucks.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2007 June 12, 01:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim just likes to moan.  She also likes to drop strong hints about RANDOM DEATH MODS.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 June 12, 01:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim just likes to moan.  She also likes to drop strong hints about RANDOM DEATH MODS.
Was Zombie Apocalypse not good enough?

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 June 19, 06:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, it wasn't.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Apsalar
Asinine Airhead

Enraged Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 July 03, 14:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if I should install this or not, since the new seasons patch. Although, maybe it's a good idea for my undead sims? Can someone please enlighten me about the differnce between this fix and the newest patch? Thanks.

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 July 03, 21:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still fixes a few things Maxis did funny, like hot tub overheatings indoors.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 July 06, 17:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, I put all my tubs inside now I will need to take them outside again.  No way, I guess I will get the fix.

Ok, am I the only one that notice you can cool down sims that are orver heating with a glass of water.  Looks like Maxis finally found a use for that one.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 July 06, 17:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, am I the only one that notice you can cool down sims that are orver heating with a glass of water.  Looks like Maxis finally found a use for that one.

Nope, I noticed that too.  A glass of water is also good for a plant sim to get a quick hydration when no pool or rainstorm is handy. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: