More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 08:35:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Warmth Fix Mod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Warmth Fix Mod  (Read 88462 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Warmth Fix Mod
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 18, 13:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, ok -- it just didn't seem like being in the hot tub was slowing down the rate of heat decay.  I didn't time it to be sure, but it seemed he was losing heat as fast as if he were building a snowman.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Syque
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 18, 16:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yea, my sims have also gotten colder while in a hot tub outside in the winter.  I think it depends on the outside temperature, because another time I had them use the hot tub outside during the winter and they did get hot.  Both of these examples happened before installing this mod.
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 18, 18:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried the latest update, but yesterday I sent a sim into the hot tub and took him out as he was fully in the red. It was the last day of winter, my sims weren't changing clothes anymore.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 18, 18:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to pay more attention to the outside temp.  In one case, I think it was around -65, and the sim was at -62 when she got out of the hot tub after being in there for about a sim hour.  Since it's just the start of winter in that hood, I'll get more chances to pay close attention -- even send a couple that lives together to the tub so I can monitor both sims.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 19, 07:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Smiley

Before I added the warmth mod I was sending my sims outside to paint in the Spring. They got rained on & hit by lightening but never got cold. Now, however, they are getting cold. Not sure if this was intentional on your part, but I thought I'd let you know.

Also, does anyone know - is the hot chocolate maker supposed to be endless? I've only had to make hot chocolate once & so far they've gone through about 10 cups - just seems strange to me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 19, 12:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I added the warmth mod I was sending my sims outside to paint in the Spring. They got rained on & hit by lightening but never got cold. Now, however, they are getting cold. Not sure if this was intentional on your part, but I thought I'd let you know.
Temperatures can vary randomly within the same season. Spring may or may not be cold, and it also depends on how it blends with previous or following seasons. Check the temperature with "Temperature Info" on the lot debugger. For some reason the game includes absolutely no way to assess the current temperature at all!

Also, does anyone know - is the hot chocolate maker supposed to be endless? I've only had to make hot chocolate once & so far they've gone through about 10 cups - just seems strange to me.
I don't think it's supposed to be endless, but it IS pretty big, since it was originally duplicated from the coffee maker's pot!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 19, 12:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it (the hot chocolate) is definitely not endless, I've had it run out once, but I really couldn't say how many it makes. 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 19, 13:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

10-12 cups would sound about right for a coffeemaker.
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 19, 20:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks - I'll use the debugger to check the temp.

I didn't realize the coffee maker made that much coffee. LOL - I've never used the coffee maker, I just go for the espresso Smiley

I was just surprised that there seemed to be so much hot chocolate. I was only expecting a few cups & I wasn't prepared for the energy boost either - great for the kids but not so good just before bed time.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 20, 01:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bed time, shmed time.  Send 'em out to look through the telescope.
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 April 02, 15:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that hack but still..after only a few minutes my sims were all in the red...and it was late Fall.
So I was wondering...would it be possible to alter the hack in a way that it works, kind of like an off-switch for the heating-unit of the (any) hot tub?
I can't see me buying a hot tub/whirl pool and heat it up to 100F in late Spring/Summer.
I would of course settle for someone who points me into the right direction to circumvent the Temperature-subroutine altogether.

Thanks

-le
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 April 02, 15:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the first post or the RTFM in the hack zip -- the point of this hack isn't to stop them from overheating, it's to stop them from spontaneously combusting unless they're really really hot. So most of your sims sitting in the hot tub won't catch on fire and die, most of the time.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 April 02, 22:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that hack but still..after only a few minutes my sims were all in the red...and it was late Fall.
"All in the red" doesn't mean anything. Temperature is capped at 85, which would display as "full red", but be harmless. To get a more accuracy summary, use the Lot Debugger's temperature stats. Ignore the thermometer thing, it is useless.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 April 02, 22:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, sorry I obviously worded that wrong.
I wasn't complaining, that this hack wouldn't work..
I was more like requesting a modification or some hints as to where to look for the Values tht haveto be altered,
to archieve the aforementioned effect.

@J.M.P: oh OK...so I just can ignore the thermometer...I'll try that.Drumroll...Whistle...everybody into the hot tub...now it's time to boil the lobster Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks!!
-le
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 April 03, 00:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish that my sims wouldn't keep climbing into the hot tub in the backyard in the winter and then climbing out and falling over frozen solid.  Then someone has to come revive them.  I'd put it away but my sims always want to woohoo in the hot tub.  Tongue
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 April 03, 02:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Smiley

I don;t know if this was mentioned anywhere else, but, I think it's a great solution to several problems i've been having.

In the past I've alwasy had my sims pain on the outside deck but with Seasons it's either too hot or too cold most of the time & I found I had to watch them closely (not to mention the lightening strikes). I was trying to think of a way to enclose the porch but still make it seem like a porch rather than a room. Last night it finally dawned on me - use the greenhouse walls, door & roof Smiley It works perfectly! The temp remains the same as if indoors but it's open & looks like an enclosed porch & it works on the foundation.

Then I thought - what about the hot tub? Ok, so I enclosed that too & it works great

The key to adding the greenhouse roof to the porch is to add it before you add any upper floor walls otherwise you can't place the roof. If the house already has an upper floor you need to delete the wall, place the greenhouse roof, then rebuild the upper walls.

Anyway, this is working perfectly & it looks pretty cool. i'm thinking of a conservatory next Smiley So basically if you want "indoor" spots outside, just enclose those areas with greenhouse parts.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 April 03, 06:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, you can add the roof, there just can't be any windows there when you do, and you have to add the house roof afterwords if it is on the same floor.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 April 15, 02:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, makes more sense now. I thought the hack wasn't working because they were still getting totally red when they exercised for a few minutes.  Good to know.  I'll ignore the stupid thermometer now :p

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 May 05, 20:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cold can never kill sims. There's no combustion effect for being cold, a sim that is cold will simply freeze and turn into a statue. This will not happen unless the temperature has become <= -70, as the cold capping prevents activities from dropping you below -85 otherwise. Sims have an elevated chance of contracting the plague if their immune systems are weakened by the cold, but unlike the original Maxis version, there is no spontangeous generation and the sim must actually be in the presence of someone who has the plague.

I had one of my playables die at Uni today as a direct result of freezing.  He was frozen for long enough that when he finally un-froze, his hunger and energy were both almost all the way in the red.  He was at gold asp level so I sent him to the energizer in the yard, in a last-ditch attempt to save his life.  Unfortunately, he couldn't stay awake long enough to use the energizer, and he starved to death a few minutes later.  So he died of starvation, but if he hadn't been frozen for such a long time, with his needs dropping all the while, he wouldn't have been close to death in the first place.

I do have the warmthfixes installed, but it didn't make any difference in this case.

I'm not sure I think this is a problem, by the way.  I actually think it adds to the realism of the game, if there is a chance that Sims can actually die from freezing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 May 06, 18:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My evidence says there's an immediate motive hit applied for freezing, but no apparent decay while frozen.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 May 06, 20:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My evidence says there's an immediate motive hit applied for freezing, but no apparent decay while frozen.

My experience has been different. I was going to leave a stupid sim frozen (hey, easy meditation!), but if I remember right, she kept getting hungrier and hungrier till I moved her indoors, worried.

INFP or something
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 May 06, 21:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try to replicate the scenario but it may take a few days.  I don't have any winter lots with deep snow at the moment, so the temperature probably can't get cold enough for Sims to freeze.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 May 07, 02:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an aspiration reward that allows you to set the season and the weather.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 May 07, 03:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To test this...  I forced a Sim to stay outside so she'd freeze. It took awhile, but then she did take a big hit on motives when she first froze. Afterward her motives continued to decrease slowly. Her roommate warmed her up using a hair dryer so I did it again and when her motives were low enough she got up then died from hunger.

So in my experience frozen sims will eventually die - from hunger - if left to do so, but it'll take awhile and it is possible to direct another sim to warm them up.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 May 07, 08:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To test this...  I forced a Sim to stay outside so she'd freeze. It took awhile, but then she did take a big hit on motives when she first froze. Afterward her motives continued to decrease slowly. Her roommate warmed her up using a hair dryer so I did it again and when her motives were low enough she got up then died from hunger.

So in my experience frozen sims will eventually die - from hunger - if left to do so, but it'll take awhile and it is possible to direct another sim to warm them up.

I have only seen the "warm up" option once, and I can't figure out under what conditions it is available.  I certainly would have used it on my Uni Sim before he froze to death, but clicking on the frozen Sim had no effect at all.  Also - what hair dryer??  Where is it exactly?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: