More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:08:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  SS Hack Seasons Repost
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SS Hack Seasons Repost  (Read 76929 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: SS Hack Seasons Repost
« Reply #25 on: 2007 April 14, 20:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the Seasons patch fixes the baby crying problem anyway, plus a couple of other bugs (though not all of them, and certainly not the worst of them).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 April 14, 23:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this incessant crying as well.  I found that in Seasons babies simply do not like being left in their cribs.  So now I simply leave them out of their crib, if they are not sleeping.  That has solved the problem, although it's more annoying.  Previous to Seasons, I'd leave the baby in the crib except for a feed, change, cuddle, play session.  Which in real life would be perilously close to child neglect.  I wish they would just come up with a baby chair, or some other means to simply "park" your kid when he isn't sleeping.  Leaving it on the floor seems, kinda cold.
What are you talking about? Babies love floors.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 April 16, 05:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember saying something about this back at VariousSimmers.  I said something about leaving the babies on the cold hard floor, and Pes says that prepares them for life, which is cold and hard.  Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 April 16, 23:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Children are like your future: Short, brutish, and nasty.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viewer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 April 17, 03:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should we go ahead and picture a boot stamping on a human face - for ever?
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 April 17, 04:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What?

Wow.  5 posts in and you already make no sense.

WTG!
JaneK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 April 17, 09:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem also and read elsewhere that it was low social but that did not always solve it. So I too made the babe selectable, found it was comfort and solved it with a bath. My babies seem to need bathing if for some reason their diapers are not changed stat. Which makes sense. With the baby controller I find mom or dad will seem to know when the baby is about to let go and be standing by the crib ready to whisk them onto the changing table. Anyway bathing raises the comfort and if the social is ok they will hang out in the crib quietly. I wish we had a little basket to put them in or something.

Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 June 26, 00:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a strange experience with a child almost-but-not-quite starving to death at home, on a lot that I'd opened a home business on earlier that same day.  The kid comes home from school with a D grade.  When her hunger gets low I try to make her get leftovers from the fridge, or even a snack, but the action keeps dropping out of queue.  Her hunger got about 98% into the red, still no sign of SS.  Aren't they still supposed to come if the kid is in actual danger of starving to death?  At any rate, she never did quite go into actual death by starvation.  It seemed like the hunger bar got stuck at about -99% (almost but not quite all the way in the red).  After several Sim-hours of watching her walk around like this, apparently starving but still trying to interact with family members, etc., I figured there must be something about the home business that was interfering, preventing the SS routines from kicking in.  I eventually quit without saving.

I have the latest versions of Macrotastics, BRY, BUY, sshack, etc.  I actually saw the social worker on another lot earlier this evening so she does still come.  Is it possible that the presence of a home business is keeping the SS from coming, and/or keeping the kid from dying?
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 June 26, 08:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What?

Wow.  5 posts in and you already make no sense.

WTG!

If you are referring to Viewer's "Should we go ahead and picture a boot stamping on a human face - for ever?" comment, that is a very famous George Orwell quote. (Also the title of a Bad Religion song, not that I particularly like them or own anything by them.)

Made perfect sense in the context of envisioning the future as a cold, hard place much like a floor a baby has been dropped upon.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 June 26, 17:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the latest versions of Macrotastics, BRY, BUY, sshack, etc.  I actually saw the social worker on another lot earlier this evening so she does still come.  Is it possible that the presence of a home business is keeping the SS from coming, and/or keeping the kid from dying?
No, but a nanny might cause that.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 June 26, 22:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, but a nanny might cause that.

It might...except that there wasn't a nanny on this lot at the time.  No need, as I had two pregnant Sims in the family at the time and there would always be someone at home.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 June 29, 07:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just 'the way it is'.

I screwed up with my main legacy family. The youngest son had turned from a toddler into a child, but didn't get a chance to go to school before I switched houses. The other other house, some cousins, had a snow day. It was a good opportunity to take some pictures, so I summoned the other kids there, including the legacy house kids. Since only the house you're in is getting the snow day, the other kids are supposed to be in school (this is why I summoned rather than just invited). About halfway through taking pictures of the kids being cute in the snow, I got a message that Ian (the affected kid) had skipped school and lost a letter grade. Oh well.

Back in the main legacy house, through a series of stupid mistakes, I ran the lot debugger's 'Force Error' while the kids were at school. Little did I realize, this apparently knocks school out of their queue and sends them back home. It was too late in the day to drive them to school, and I ended up getting the message that Ian again had skipped school and lost a letter grade. This brought him down to F.

Luckily, his brother had good grades, so all was well with the world. Or so I thought.

That day also happened to be his brother's birthday. So, the elder brother turned into a teenager and suddenly I got the 'dun-de-dun' music and the social worker showed up to take Ian with her. Essentially, once the elder brother turned into a teenager, the house was no longer considered to have an equal or majority number of kids with good grades.

In the end, I quit without saving and went into SimPE and gave him a D+. I don't particularly like cheating with the main legacy house, but I wasn't about to lose a kid over my stupidity. Eitherway, I wasn't sure if this was a bug or, as I said above, 'just the way it is'.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 June 29, 07:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, just a nice combination of really bad moves: the "can't go to school" effect of moving in at 0800, the fact that your child aged up to a teen and thus was now ignored by the SS controller, and all those other factors combined together. With NL, you can take them to school even on move-in day using an ownable car, but without it, you're just screwed.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 June 29, 08:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

with InSIM you could have fixed his grade right away  Grin
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 June 29, 08:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

with InSIM you could have fixed his grade right away  Grin

Yeah yeah yeah. Smiley I'm getting closer to downloading Insim. It sounds like it would just make life easier with a bunch of little things I'm doing constantly.

Thanks for answering, Pescado. I figured it was a 'just the way it is' type of thing, but thought I'd mention it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 June 29, 09:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm conducting research into fixing the "school issue". Perhaps it will become a Fix like "Fix Work State".

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 June 29, 15:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just 'the way it is'.

You should post this story on the BBS, so the people there can point and laugh, and explain to you the error of your ways. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 July 07, 05:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How long are we supposed to have to rectify overheating before the SS arrives?  My legacy kid and baby were taken about a sim hour after the warning, it might have even been less than an hour but it definitely didn't exceed that.  I was trying to cool the kid with a water balloon fight, but obviously that didn't work well enough  Sad  I'm only posting this because I thought the time seemed far too short between the message and the SS turning up, I wondered if the last Seasons patch (patch 3) might have messed with it.

I have to find a faster way to cool the poorer family kids down, they don't all have swimming pools and fruit juice after all.  He was only fishing darnit!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 July 07, 07:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends on whether you have SShack installed or not. If you have SShack, you will receive about 3 hours after the onset of the first warning to deal with the matter, which basically doesn't come until your sim passes out or freezes. If you do NOT have SShack, the warning is useless and completely ineffectual, as the SS will show up the moment your sim gets close to the pass out/freeze point, with no useful warning at all, as the arrival of the SS is not at all triggered to the warning due to the "sudden death" nature of temperature failures. It's just like how if something were to drop a child's "critical" motives like hunger or social to -100 instantly, the SS would immediately appear, even if there had not been a warning. The warnings are not actually functional at all, but give the appearance of such because hunger and social normally do not make abrupt changes. However, temperature DOES make abrupt changes in response to certain activities, and is not a gradually decaying function, so the warning tells you nothing.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 July 07, 14:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to find a faster way to cool the poorer family kids down, they don't all have swimming pools and fruit juice after all.  He was only fishing darnit!

have you tried making them have a drink of water? that always cools my sims right down
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 July 07, 17:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat - I'll try the water, thanks!

J.M. I have the latest version of SSHack in, I'm pretty sure it was nowhere near 3 hours between the warning and the SS showing up but I'm going to try and set it up deliberately now just to make sure, my sense of time can be skewy.

Edited to add:

My sims are playing hardball and refuse to go past 84 now, this might take longer than I thought  Wink
« Last Edit: 2007 July 07, 20:29:36 by miramis » Logged
Sunbee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 July 01, 21:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, the Necromancy guy is cool.  Why does everyone say he's scary?  (Assumption: in-joke.)

I would like to know if this is compatable with Inge's social worker hack.  I have hers in right now and this out, under the assumption that it is not.  I am non-awesome, of course, and totally clueless about programing in general.  I currently have Uni, OFB, Seasons, and FT.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: