More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 04:29:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do I make art appreciate?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do I make art appreciate?  (Read 3736 times)
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
How do I make art appreciate?
« on: 2007 March 13, 06:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked at some of the art objects I downloaded and they all have positive depreciation values, just like the non-art objects. I thought paintings, sculptures and such were supposed to appreciate? If I want objects to appreciate in value, do I just make the depreciation value negative?
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
Re: How do I make art appreciate?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 13, 09:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paintings that the Sims paint appreciate, otherwise, no.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 13, 10:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought depreciation or rise in value for art objects is random. Undecided I don't know about art objects by other modders, but I have Merola's Multi-painting and sometimes it sells for a few dollars above the purchase price of $399. Maxis items don't always depreciate too. As for paintings done by sims, I know it's possible for them to depreciate in value if the finished paintings had been left on the easel for some time.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 13, 15:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd still like the 'sim/lot gets the original price' when he sells a painting off an Easel fixed.  No matter how much the painting has appreciated in value, my sims only get the price set when painted.  It's especially noticable for paintings painted by artists who have died and the paintings doubled in value.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 13, 15:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I've ever kept a painting around for the Sim to die. o: All my painters are usually popularity-aspiring sims, and I sell the painting right after the "Sell a Masterpiece" want spawns. I like the idea of the painting doubling in value, though. I'll try it sometime.
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 14, 23:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not certain how this will work long term - but it's worth a try:

I noticed that there's a bed from 4esf that has (according to Sims 2 Categorizer) the following price specs:

initial cost - 300
initial depreciation - 450
daily depreciation - 300
depreciation limit  - 1200

Now I know that if I use that bed and delete it a day or so later, it makes me a quick 900 simolians. I don't know whether it does a long-term appreciation, since I tend to use this bed as a short-term fix for poor sims. However, I wonder if adjusting the depreciation costs to above initial price might not do what we need.

I'll experiment on my end...

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 14, 23:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If depreciation limit is greater than purchase price, the item will immediately climb to that value at the next depreciation cycle. This is an example of a badly made item done from a poor clone job.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: