More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:26:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Cannot either run or uninstall Seasons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cannot either run or uninstall Seasons  (Read 2740 times)
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Cannot either run or uninstall Seasons
« on: 2007 March 12, 22:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had Seasons installed since Saturday, and I've been playing it with no issues. Then today I put the Seasons disk in & it tried to run the installer. I cancelled that before installation began & tried to run the game through Start/All Programs/EAGames and I got a window saying 'needed files were corrupted during installation' and that I would have to reinstall the application. Angry

So, I backed up my neighborhood & tried to run the Seasons uninstaller, so I could reinstall it. But the uninstaller will not run. I tried running it through the Start/All Programs and I also tried going into my C drive and trying to run it from there, but in both cases, nothing happened. Angry

If I try to install the ep & set it to install in the default location, it tells me it can't install there because I already have a folder of that name in that location. I could choose to install it under a different name, but I'm sure that would not help, since I can't uninstall the 'corrupted' installation.
So I'm really at a loss at what to try now. The game was fine yesterday.  Roll Eyes
Cons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Cannot either run or uninstall Seasons
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 12, 22:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you uninstall each expansion pack in C:Programs EA Games? I found each damn expansion has to be seperately removed, one at a time. Then it should reinstall after you do that  unless the uninstaller won't remove the corrupted one. In that case, you may have to manually delete it and clear it from the registry.

Maybe then it would install? Or maybe not...it's an EA game.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 12, 22:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm only trying to uninstall Seasons, the last ep. The problem is the uninstaller won't run.
Would it actually work to just manually take the Seasons folder & send it to the trash?
LOL, that is how you uninstall things on a Mac, I didn't realize that you could do that on a PC as well. I'm new to Windows, I got a PC because I'm giving up on gaming on a Mac.
making me an extra-newbie, I guess, lol, new to Sims 2 & XP at he same time.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 13, 00:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens all the time. You're going to have to do a manual uninstall.

There's a little bit more to it than just deleting the folder, but not much. You also have to delete the registry keys. Follow These Instructions Except obvioulsy only delete the Seasons subfolder(s) not the plain TS2 ones.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 13, 11:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the help Kat!  Grin
Before reading this, I actually did just throw the Seasons folder in the trash & reinstall the ep, and it worked. LOL, at least, for now it worked: it was working fine after the original installation before it told me the installation was corrupted. So I'm sure I'm going to have to go back & do it the right way, lol.
Thank you so much for the link, it's a huge help.  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: