More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:50:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No college want
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No college want  (Read 4018 times)
bratz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No college want
« on: 2007 March 11, 20:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have the nocollege obsession but the teens still want to go to college.  Is there a nocollege want ?

Thanks

edited to say thanks
« Last Edit: 2007 March 11, 20:27:11 by bratz » Logged
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: No college want
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 12, 02:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe nocollegeobsession only applies to the family members of teenagers, and only squelches the 'X Goes to College' want in the parents and grandparents of teen sims. AFAIK, there is no hack for stopping teens from wanting to go to college, themselves. Maybe try looking through Squinge's hacks at InSim.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 12, 07:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Go To College want is not known to have a test tree, so can't be stomped without hacking the core want trees. This is extremely unsafe to do and you can only apply one such modification.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marvelleaux
Puppy Fucker
Blathering Buffoon

"free-thinking cat shits outside the box"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 12, 14:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn.  I'm sick of taking teens with four want slots on dates only to have one of them constantly taken up by the go-to-college want.  Bah.

Odi profanum vulgaris
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 13, 08:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the closest workaround for this would be to give teens 5 slots, then revoke it after the teen stage.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 14, 04:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems like after I loaded seasons my teens 'go to college' want goes away after awhile (I don't send mine till 3 days before).  I actually am having to click-save the want now if I am gonna send them and want them platinum when they get there.

Of course it seems like seasons really changed all my sims wants - in the spring I can't get any sim to stop getting wants to kiss, flirt and go on a date.  Kinda annoying and time wasting unless you make use of each season's bonus.  Summer for friends, spring for romance, fall for skilling and winter for family.  Getting a want outside of that is hard  Undecided
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 14, 08:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

meh, your lucky. I dont get anything but pet wants. Make Rower speak, sit, roll over, make Sparky play dead, teach Sparky a new trick, praise Sparky. All 6 slots on all chars in the house taken up by wants to pester the dang pe(s)t.

I wish there was a way to get rid of this just a little. I dont mind an occasional want to interact with the pet, but they do that all the time nonetheless, just not anything that will fulfill their wants.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 14, 04:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of my families don't have pets just for that reason.  I require a 10 interest in animals for them to get one and then they turn into cat ladies/dog breeders.  I hate the whole want system though so usually I just get everyone permaplat quick and then do whatever I want  Tongue
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 14, 06:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems like after I loaded seasons my teens 'go to college' want goes away after awhile (I don't send mine till 3 days before).  I actually am having to click-save the want now if I am gonna send them and want them platinum when they get there.

I don't have Seasons yet, but the 'go to college' want disappears eventually for my sims, as well. I too have to lock the want-slot if I actually plan for that particular sim to go to Uni (otherwise I just let it disappear). Most wants disappear after a day or so of going unfulfilled. In the meantime, if the wants get too annoying, you can always reroll them using the lot debugger. Sometimes that works; sometimes it doesn't.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: