More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 06:14:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Jumping the OCD Mailman
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jumping the OCD Mailman  (Read 2242 times)
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
Jumping the OCD Mailman
« on: 2007 March 11, 14:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So this has been going on since OFB, but I haven's played this lot in ages and just put a new version into my new neighborhood. The mailman jumps and does no action other than circling the mailbox and trying again. And again. And again.

I've tried moving the mailbox and trashcan, deleting the mailman (I've raptured about a dozen Pao Mellons in the last few days), reloading the game, the lot, rebooting, etc.

This is the only lot that's ever had this problem, and because I really do like it, I'd rather not destroy it and rebuild from scratch. So...

How do I debug this one lot? Will testing cheats help me isolate what's happening?

Thanks in advance.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Jumping the OCD Mailman
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 11, 14:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the lot debugger's option to force a reset on all in- and off-world objects on the lot. If you're lucky, it's just something that's stuck.
If not, try moving your mailbox somewhere, or download a collection which includes it, and delete and replace your mailbox.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Jumping the OCD Mailman
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 11, 15:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds suspiciously like the Mailman trying to deliver NL flowers instead of coupons again. Try killing stuck bills from the lot debugger too, maybe first (I usually only force resets on all as a last resort.)

Edit: Doh, I thought I'd seen a mod specifically for this, but when I went looking didn't see anything, so figured it must have been the stuck bills option on the lot debugger. Then I go to open my newly downloaded college adjuster, read the readme and discover "Cleanup Invalid Mail - Deletes invalid mail from the mailbox/mailbag. Deletes if not a bill, coupon, or letter. Will only appear if invalid mail exists."

I suggest trying that first, as I suspect that's the issue.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 11, 15:16:38 by sagana » Logged

Unsouper
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: