More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:51:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I borked it, after changing US English to UK, is it related or not?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I borked it, after changing US English to UK, is it related or not?  (Read 4603 times)
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
I borked it, after changing US English to UK, is it related or not?
« on: 2007 March 07, 16:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok it's been mentioned over and over but I never see an option anywhere to change it to UK_English. So if someone more awesome then me could tell me how that'd be great. Thanks!

I wrote that a few days ago and since then I borked it somehow!!

I did as Venusy wrote out (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7521.msg209543.html#msg209543) to change to the UK English. After I did that I updated some hacks from Pes and Two Jeffs. Then I tried to start my game. Normally it takes with my DL folder about 5 minutes to load the neighborhood chooser which took a bit longer this time. Then I tried to load Veronaville and it went through the loading process but never loaded after 20 minutes so I forced a close program removed my DL's folder and this time I got Veronaville to load but couldn't load one of my families. I forced yet another close program and thought I messed something up with the UK English so I changed everything back. Still the same thing happened so I backed up my neighborhoods and terrain files and uninstalled Seasons. I ran it and loaded it up fixed the settings to how I like them exited and put back in my CC without the hacks, put back my neighborhoods and terrains. I sometimes had a problem loading a family and sometimes I didn't. I hadn't changed or added in any new CC before this (except hacks were not in at this point) and it was working just fine prior to changing the UK English and updating Maty hacks.
Any ideas of what to do now? Should I uninstall everything and start over? If so, do you think I should start over with new neighborhoods? I don't mind starting afresh what I do mind is loosing some of my sims. Do you think it's ok to extract a few of my families and keep them or not?

Uhg why do I constantly bork things!?!  Undecided No don't answer that one. Heh.   Embarrassed

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: I borked it, after changing US English to UK, is it related or not?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 07, 17:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno what happened.  I use this registry edit file to fix the 12/24 hr time thingie.  Use the 12 hr one to set for US English, and the 24 hr one to set for UK English.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=91189
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 07, 17:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh thanks Rainbow! I don't really mind that I am on 24 hour time but I'm used to the 12 hour.  Smiley

Ahem. As you were. Tongue

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 07, 18:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome, dear.  Smiley
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 07, 20:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno what happened.  I use this registry edit file to fix the 12/24 hr time thingie.  Use the 12 hr one to set for US English, and the 24 hr one to set for UK English.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=91189

Maybe next time I'll try it that way. Uhg.

Oh thanks Rainbow! I don't really mind that I am on 24 hour time but I'm used to the 12 hour.  Smiley

Ahem. As you were. Tongue

You're welcome, dear.  Smiley

Uhhu sure go on be happy and all helpful with that!  Undecided  ::grumbles and pouts and continues to try and fix her games::

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 07, 20:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erm, sorry, wish I could help you more.  Undecided
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 07, 21:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's ok I'm not that mad at you.. ok not at all I'm mad at my game and so I took it out on you. Lucky you huh? Hehe.  Roll Eyes

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 08, 14:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, thinking about it this morning with a fresh mind, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to reinstall everything if you want to try that, and keep your neighborhood files backed up somewhere safe.  Then try running the original neighborhoods and see if you have the same problem.  If everything loads ok, then try moving your saved neighborhoods back in (after deleting the default hoods, of course, maybe move the Neighborhoods folder to another safe place as a backup).  Then you'll know if something you did while messing in the registry borked things.
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 08, 23:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I thought that too, so I'm in the process of doing that right now. Thank you for the idea of going ahead and backing up the neighborhood as I was just going to scratch it but really it won't hurt to give it a try once everything is re-installed. I'll let you know how it turns out.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 09, 00:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good luck. Smiley
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 11, 02:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It indeed took a lot of luck to get the darn thing going again.

I re-installed every game and it worked fine, I put back in my hoods and sometimes it worked and others not. So I scratched the hoods and regenerated the new ones then deleted them, made one of my own. Put in some of my DL's and again it sometimes worked and didn't. So after taking each backup folder and and putting them in one by one I learned that a lot of my DLed careers, objects and clothes got borked. My hacks were just fine, it was the unhacked stuff that was causing me problems. Since I had way to many clothes and such to sift through I just trashed it all. Same with my objects. I'll be starting over now DLing some clothes and such.

I did want to clean up my DLs so I guess I sure did that! lol. The only things I'm bummed about are two of my families I had to loose, cars, some custom eyes, skins and tables. Otherwise it'll be good to look for new clothes and such as I now know more what I will and will not use in the game as apposed to just taking anything I kinda liked. I'm much pickier which in the end helps keep my DL floder size smaller. lol.

Still don't really know how the files got borked but at least I was able to figure out how to get it working again.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 11, 03:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry you lost your families and your other stuff, but I'm glad you got it working again.  It's always hard to figure out what to get rid of when you try to clean out your CC.  Sad
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: