More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:17:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maternity outfit borkenness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maternity outfit borkenness  (Read 4726 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Maternity outfit borkenness
« on: 2007 March 10, 03:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick description of the problem, I'll attempt to get screen captures tomorrow.

I've got one particular maternity outfit, which when the sims spin into it, the also change hair styles.  I've seen it happen on two different sims, and they go to the same hair each time (the short maxis dreadlocks).

Suggestions on what is causing this?  All other maternity outfits are ok, or at least the ones I've seen so far are ok.

Could this possibly relate to the default replacement maternity outfits from Morague that I've been using?

Basically, HELP!
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Maternity outfit borkenness
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 10, 03:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Ness,

I'll have a look at the replacements tomorrow, but I really don't see how it could be affecting the hair - all I did was change the textures. Was it the same outfit both times? If so, which one? I've seen other reports of hair style changes (like with the maid) so I'm thinking it's some coding thing with the new way hair styles are being handled, but.... i will have a look 7 see what I can see.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 10, 03:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same outfit both times, on two different sims.  It was pink/yellow.

Sorry for the brief response, bed time here and I'm now barely awake.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 10, 03:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got one particular maternity outfit, which when the sims spin into it, the also change hair styles.  I've seen it happen on two different sims, and they go to the same hair each time (the short maxis dreadlocks).
This is probably an artifact of the Evil That Is Hat Hair and general outfit-forced hairs.

Could this possibly relate to the default replacement maternity outfits from Morague that I've been using?
That would be the obvious culprit, as those would be pre Seasons maternity outfits. Try removing them and seeing if this occurs purely from Maxis outfits. The outfits probably need to be re-cloned from Seasons templates.

Death to all Nesses!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 10, 03:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Seasons, and sims who normally wear hats suddenly don't wear them when dressed in maternity clothes. Seems a bit stupid, but the pregnancy doesn't last very long, anyway, so it really doesn't bother me much.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 10, 22:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know about the hat thing.  Neither of the two sims involved at this stage wear hats.  One is a maxis hair, the other is a binned custom hair.  Both are brown, if that makes any difference.

Ok, testing by removing default replacements temporarily...

ETA: Curious.  Remove default replacements and I discover that the pink top/yellow pants is a maxis outfit that I wasn't replacing.  Hair stays as normal.  Going to put default replacements back in and see what happens.

ETA: Restoring default outfits results in no hair weirdness at all now.  How strange!
« Last Edit: 2007 March 10, 23:28:35 by Ness » Logged
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 11, 00:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Ness,

Can you tell me which picture it is?

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=126724

I can't figure out what outfit you mean & although I have looked at the packages this morning I don;t see anything in there that could be doing what you described. It's good that the problem appears to be corrected  - but -  want to make sure it's not something I did.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 11, 01:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The weirdness was happening to an outfit I wasn't replacing.  What I had going on was happening to the pink top and greenish yellow pants maxis "spring" outfit.  So I guess it was just some weird glitch that snuck in somewhere along the way.  It's not happening now, but I'll keep an eye on things.

I do recall that when I first installed your replacement packages that I switched the textures in one of them - I didn't like the clothes peg outfit so used the (I think!) orange outfit texture in that package instead.  But that still shouldn't have any effect on the spring outfit - nothing should be touching that one at all!

For now, everything seems normal, I'll get back to you if it starts messing up again.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 11, 01:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to add some info... I've only had one pregnant Sim since installing Seasons. Her hair is custom-but-correctly-binned red with a small tiara (don't know if it counts as "hat" or not, but if it'll help narrow down the issue for you guys I'll take a look (if someone can tell me what to look for)). She has the same hair set for all outfits, but when putting on the Maxis blue top/maroon pants Maternity ensemble, it did switch her to one of the new Seasons red hairstyles. No custom maternity content in my game. Hope that helps! Smiley

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 11, 06:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if spinning into maternity clothes counts like a grow-up where they get a new hairstyle as well as a new outfit now.

Unsouper
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 11, 06:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks to me like with the new "hair per outfit" ability that when they add the new Maternity outfit, there's suddenly a new hair category, and instead of being logical and sticking with the Everyday as a default choice, they just grab a random hair from the same colour bin to fill the slot. Not that I would know from sims program code, but it seems like something they'd do. Given the choice between a simple, logical option and a wacky alternative, Maxis EA seems to pick the random wacky every time Wink

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
chordin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 20, 06:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This could be some seasons related problem. I have one pregnant sim that has normal maxis hair and purple maxix outfit. She has her normal hair with other clothes, but when she changes into maternity wear, she gets another maxis hair. (and those hairs mismatch perfectly  Sad ) Neither of the hairs have hat.

I don't have any hacks that affect pregnancy or any custom hair and my other pregnant sim is perfectly normal.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: