More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 04:40:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Packaging lots and sims outside of the game possible?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Packaging lots and sims outside of the game possible?  (Read 2567 times)
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
Packaging lots and sims outside of the game possible?
« on: 2007 March 16, 15:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a tool that allows you to package lots and sims and/or sim families without loading up the game? I suspect not, or that it might be a VBT to try due to memories, etc.

Also, seems like in Sims 1 there was a Lot Manager tool that let you see the thumbnails of lots, handy for mass deletions outside of the game. Anything like that for Sims 2?

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: Packaging lots and sims outside of the game possible?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 19, 23:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can package a sims from Body Shop, but that only packages his appearance, genetics, clothes, makeup etc.  The only way to package sims family is from the game.  And that's with the caveat that your family must be totally virgin.  It cannot have met anyone, not even the paperboy (which happens quickly), or an incomplete version of that character file will be included along with the package (I think JM calles them stubs).

That's my understanding anyway.  I expect someone to jump in here and say it's a VBT, even with the caveat.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 20, 00:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also do SimSurgery with SimPE to copy a Sims appearance.  You could do SimSurgery on each person in your Sim family and make duplicates of the whole family with BodyShop, move them into the game and pack them up.

I think if you open up each lot file in the LotBin (My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\LotCatalog) with SimPE, you can see a view for each floor and a front view (the jpg resources, not the Texture resources).  After closing the file, you can delete it.  Do not attempt this on the files in the My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N001\Lots folder.  Bad things will happen.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 20, 01:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you package existing sims using SimPE, then when you open Body Shop, make sure you make a clone of the clone, and package that one. Unless something has drastically changed, doing it any other way causes weirdness.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 20, 08:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you package existing sims using SimPE, then when you open Body Shop, make sure you make a clone of the clone, and package that one. Unless something has drastically changed, doing it any other way causes weirdness.

No nothing's changed, shit still happens.  When you clone with SimPE, the file sizes are much larger than Bodyshop clones so something else would seem to be getting saved when you use SimSurgery.  So recloning with Bodyshop is a Good Idea.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: