More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 15:30:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Private School Bill Fix
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Private School Bill Fix  (Read 7945 times)
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
Private School Bill Fix
« on: 2007 March 19, 13:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did a search, everything is so old as to be necromancy, so...

Using this mod, a household gets charged at approx. 6am for 200.  Kewl.  However, one doesn't get a snow day notification until around 7am from what I've seen.  My question would be, is it in any way likely that the mod could be altered to either change the time the household gets charged to avoid paying for a snow day (since the kids aren't going in anyway), or refund the tuition if a snow day pops up?
Baronetess
snowyrat
Asinine Airhead

Save the kittun!

View Profile
Re: Private School Bill Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 19, 14:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shivani, I hope you pardon me using your thread, but I have a question about the same mod.

It seems that the private school bill is 200 per weekday, no matter of how many children/teens attend the private school. Since I prefer the realism and challenges, I'd rather see it to be 200 per child/teen per weekday. As IRL, the parents should work hard and give up their dreams of expensive toilets and countertops, in order to afford the private school for their children.

If there is a technical impossibility or other consideration why the hack is as it is now, I apologise. I couldn't find anything by search.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 19, 14:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's SUPPOSED to be per-child-per-weekday, but it's possible the deduction is still so small and the flashes are all simultaneous, so the visual fx may not show up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 19, 15:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using this mod, a household gets charged at approx. 6am for 200.  Kewl.  However, one doesn't get a snow day notification until around 7am from what I've seen.  My question would be, is it in any way likely that the mod could be altered to either change the time the household gets charged to avoid paying for a snow day (since the kids aren't going in anyway), or refund the tuition if a snow day pops up?

You really think those snobby private schools are going to give the money back just because your kid didn't go to school? They still have to pay the teachers, and the janitor, and pay for the upkeep on the buildings, you know. And the headmaster's port habit doesn't come cheap.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 19, 15:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A perfectly stated Ugly Butted statement. Tongue Saves me that much bother. I approve.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 19, 15:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You really think those snobby private schools are going to give the money back just because your kid didn't go to school? They still have to pay the teachers, and the janitor, and pay for the upkeep on the buildings, you know. And the headmaster's port habit doesn't come cheap.

That would be why it was a question.  Tongue

Seriously, though, it did cross my mind that I doubt real life private schools refund for snow days, but Sims 2 isn't real life.  Oh... hang on, I see.  So that's where the snow day funds go... straight to support the lush of a headmaster?  And is the staff having Wesson parties in the gym once everyone is properly tanked?

A perfectly stated Ugly Butted statement. Tongue Saves me that much bother. I approve.

Bah, humbug!  Right, I suppose I can just yank the silly thing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 19, 15:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could just pay up. Sucker. Tongue Besides, real private schools tend to assess tuition on a semesterly or yearly basis, and not daily, anyway. Tongue Besides, you still benefit from private school even on days you don't go: Private school is +1 to starting job levels!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: