More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:22:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maybe the trees need therapy?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maybe the trees need therapy?  (Read 4200 times)
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
Maybe the trees need therapy?
« on: 2007 March 10, 01:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pulling my hair out trying to look after the trees and wonder if anyone else is feeling the same way?

I have an apple tree (and I do garden so I know EA Blames suck at it); I allow it sun, rain, hail and snow, a generous helping of birds and when I remember I prune it once IN THE AUTUMN …after the harvest. It's never once in 15 years needed spraying and it still ruins the grass by liberally dropping apples all over it. I don't talk to it…ok maybe a mumble that's mainly swearing while harvesting but I'm confidant that it's secure and needs no reassurance from me. So why on Earth do the game trees become gibbering wreaks after 24 hours of no chat?  Huh

*Rant over, sorry I just had to.*

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Maybe the trees need therapy?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 10, 05:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably because if they were as maintenance free as the original Maxian trees, there wouldn't be much to do, or to stop you from planting them by the hojillions across the lot. The spraying is a gimme, though: I mean, come on. Everyone knows The Sims is full of bugs! Is it any surprise they will get into the trees?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
amileegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 10, 19:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that every time you tend the trees their health increases and you can get them up by autumn to be able to harvest mouthwatering fruit before they go dormant for the winter.   However, if you want to harvest every 5 days which is their approximate flower/fruit cycle then talking is a rapid way to recharge them for multiple harvests.
Baronetess
polonius
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 13, 21:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The spraying is a gimme, though: I mean, come on. Everyone knows The Sims is full of bugs! Is it any surprise they will get into the trees?

*groan*  I knew somebody was going to make that pun sooner or later.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 13, 22:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twojeffs' perfect gardens hack is allowing me my hojillions of trees. Once I realized EA wasn't going to create plants that were like actual plants, I decided to cheat it up.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 13, 23:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feh, no matter what I do, I can't get some of the trees that I have beyond the "sickly" stage. I prune them and spray them (I have a couple of ladybug houses around them), but there seems to be no other option I know of to take care of them. Hell, I put a freakin sprinkler under each of them, thinking they may need water. Stupid trees.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 14, 02:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your still getting bugs,you need more ladybug houses.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 14, 05:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and/or a greenhouse

INFP or something
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 14, 09:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spraying the trees is in part what MAKES them sickly. Quicker than just having bugs does. I talk to my trees only once per harvest. Once they are at thriving, they stay that way until you harvest them, as long as you tend them when they need it.  But that means more ladybug houses or I grow them in a greenhouse.  They do need more ladybug houses than would seem normal, though. In summer, when bugs are the worst, as much as 1 per tree.  Roll Eyes

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: