More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:52:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New annoyance regarding "Work as Barista"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New annoyance regarding "Work as Barista"  (Read 2744 times)
FlyOnTheWall
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
New annoyance regarding "Work as Barista"
« on: 2007 March 13, 05:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've come across an irritating new "feature" while playing University today. My Sim was very low on simoleans, so I sent her to a community lot to work as a barista. The problem is, she wouldn't stay working. Every time some bozo on the lot wanted to bug her, she'd immediately cancel being a barista and change out of her uniform to recieve the interaction. I'd cancel the interaction and send her back to the espresso bar. She'd change back into her uniform and work for about 10 seconds before another Sim wanted to talk to her again and she'd cancel the interaction again. This cycle went on about eight or ten times before I finally gave up and sent her home.

Is there a way around this or am I stuck with having her perform for tips and hustle pool?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: New annoyance regarding "Work as Barista"
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 13, 05:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been around since at least OFB that I can remember. I actually send my Sims out to work as baristas or bartenders because every time the Sim comes back to the espresso machine from a canceled interaction, another pay cycle gets added on. With enough interruptions, Sims can pull in over 1000 Simoleons every 10 minutes or so. I agree the constant monitoring of their queue is frustrating, but I don't mind the extra spending cash.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 13, 06:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try hitting Macro Concentrate? Does that help any? Also if random bozos are inappropriately harassing you, try "nopedostalkers". It should curb this tendency to bug random people, so they'll go pester their friends instead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
FlyOnTheWall
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 13, 22:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Concentrate did not help. I didn't have nopedostalkers so I put it in, and that doesn't seem to do anything either. College townies, trying to cool down after working out on the treadmill, were still able to cancel her job and start water balloon fights with her.

As an experiment, I lined up my Sim's queue with eight "Work as Barista". The first time, she went through all of them (immediately canceling out one to get to the next one) and got a lot of money. The second time, the off-duty barista interrupted to bug her and managed to cancel out every last one all at once.  Angry
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: